ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Ceebee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Linaco wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm
Hi,
I am about to send my online application and wanted to confirm the following: where do I get the referee declarations?
Do I just print pages 19-21 from the paper form and ask my referees to fill them in and date and sign them?
I could not find anything in the guidance (since the guidance is for paper form only).

Also, since I do not have a BRP (I never had it since I qualified based on my EEA PR), at which stage do I need to do the biometrics? Some people wrote in here that they sent their supporting documents together with the biometrics done at the Post Office, but how did they do this? Do I get a reference number once I reach the end of the application based on which I can do the biometrics?
Thank you so much for your help!
Hi,
The referee declarations get printed off at end of the application - no need to print from paper form. You will then be able to attach your photos to them and get the referees to sign them;

Re the biometrics, again a sheet is printed off at the end which you take to the post office and they scan it and do your biometrics there, which gets pinged straight through to UKVI.

Hope that helps.

msi7575
Newly Registered

Post by msi7575 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm

shakeerahT wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi, My brother and i have just used the online application service. its pretty straight forward and you can make payment for your application on the system as well. Once you have completed the application form and payment is successful, it gives you options to download :

- the supporting document checklist (the supporting documents you re required to post to the home office)
- biometric enrolment letter (which you take to the post office to enrol your biometric details)
- 2 referee declaration forms requiring your referees to sign and date (your referees wont have to fill any details because you would have filled it in when completing the form online)
- a copy of your submitted application which you can keep for yourself.

so, in summary, you submit your application online including your payment for the application, you go to the post office to register you biometrics within days and they expect you send your supporting documents within 15days of submitting the online application too.
Easy as Pie! :D
Thank you ShakeerahT for sharing your experience. I have a question: what should I put in the following question in online application:
Immigration details

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No
I got my ILR on LR basis and will apply this week only stuck in the above question.

shakeerahT
Newly Registered

Post by shakeerahT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 pm

msi7575 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Thank you ShakeerahT for sharing your experience. I have a question: what should I put in the following question in online application:
Immigration details

Yes/No
I got my ILR on LR basis and will apply this week only stuck in the above question.
yes. and just fill in the details of all previous applications made to the home office. i believe clear , concise and accurate information speeds up the process.

Me and my brother just got out approval this week. Goodluck!

Linaco
Newly Registered

Post by Linaco » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you so much Ceebee! this is very helpful

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

@shakeerahT - How Long did it take to receive approval letter?

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 pm

vinosubr wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm
@shakeerahT - How Long did it take to receive approval letter?
It took him 24 days from application to approval received by post and 20 days from application to decision letter date! This should be one of the fastest case timelines I have seen posted around here!

yorkdave
Newly Registered

Post by yorkdave » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

shakeerahT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 pm
msi7575 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Immigration details

Yes/No
yes. and just fill in the details of all previous applications made to the home office. i believe clear , concise and accurate information speeds up the process.

Me and my brother just got out approval this week. Goodluck!
@shakeerahT, Thanks a lot for your post with useful info. I am planning to apply via online but need to send passport and biometric as well as required documents. Thats why I am bit hesitate in using online application compare to NCS.
It looks like you got the approval within 4 weeks time. Is that right? Thanks

Gianni77
Newly Registered

Post by Gianni77 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi All,
just joining the conversation. I already read a lot in here and found it very useful.
I am an EEA members and already got my Permanent Residency Card.
As I'm now filling the form for Citizenship I have some doubt.
From what I understand it asks proof of NI contributions paid for the last 10 years. Is it correct?
In the end I have already provided 6 years of P60s for the residency and for the citizenship anyway are not needed any more years than these, so I wonder if I'm missing something.
In the end I don't have any problems with this but considering that earlier than 6 years ago I was selfemployed, this would make it a bit of a pain to provide for me and I would gladly avoid...
But if necessary...
Anybody has the answer please?
Thank you

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 am

How many days before eligibility can we fill up the application online? Is the date of application received by home office or date of application filled online considered for calculating the eligibility? How many days before can we post the online printed application. Is there any document?

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi Guys, I am going to apply for citizenship. I am thinking to apply online and nearly completed the form but stuck on the following question:

Yes/No

I got ILR through 10 year route in 2013. The answer to the above question is definitely Yes. After entering details of ILR application, it is asking the same question again

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No

Should I answer Yes to the above and give history of all applications made for Student Visas? In my opinion, applications for Student visas are not Immigration applications and No is the better response.

shakeerahT
Newly Registered

Post by shakeerahT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:45 am

yorkdave wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:24 pm

@shakeerahT, Thanks a lot for your post with useful info. I am planning to apply via online but need to send passport and biometric as well as required documents. Thats why I am bit hesitate in using online application compare to NCS.
It looks like you got the approval within 4 weeks time. Is that right? Thanks
Hi yorkDave, yes you will need to send those documents to the home office with the online application.
But i think the online applications have priority since all the information has been fed directly into their system, they can begin checks immediately.

yeah i got approval within 3 weeks taking account the holidays as well.

if you re worried about needing your originals, then maybe make certified copies of them at a post office or solicitor.

shakeerahT
Newly Registered

Post by shakeerahT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 am

vinosubr wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 am
How many days before eligibility can we fill up the application online? Is the date of application received by home office or date of application filled online considered for calculating the eligibility? How many days before can we post the online printed application. Is there any document?
your application is received almost immediately because its done online. so you have to wait until your eligible date to apply online.

shakeerahT
Newly Registered

Post by shakeerahT » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 am

MrA2Z wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm
Hi Guys, I am going to apply for citizenship. I am thinking to apply online and nearly completed the form but stuck on the following question:

Yes/No

I got ILR through 10 year route in 2013. The answer to the above question is definitely Yes. After entering details of ILR application, it is asking the same question again

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No

Should I answer Yes to the above and give history of all applications made for Student Visas? In my opinion, applications for Student visas are not Immigration applications and No is the better response.
yes , you will need to provide all visa applications you ve ever made to the UKBA even the ones made from outside the UK. I think this is for them to review your immigration history.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm

shakeerahT wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 am
MrA2Z wrote:

Yes/No

Yes/No

yes , you will need to provide all visa applications you ve ever made to the UKBA even the ones made from outside the UK. I think this is for them to review your immigration history.
Thanks Shakeerah. It will be difficult to give the dates and HO reference for all the applications since 2003. If I would say no and give less information then it would be classed as providing wrong information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

MrA2Z wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm
shakeerahT wrote:
MrA2Z wrote:

Yes/No

Yes/No

Thanks Shakeerah. It will be difficult to give the dates and HO reference for all the applications since 2003. If I would say no and give less information then it would be classed as providing wrong information.
Yes it would. Put as much as you can remember or order a SAR to see what your full history is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mrchaany

Online application for naturalisation no more NCS but other service

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 am

https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20121/ ... ng_service

Please click the above link, it means online application then Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) which is a less expensive and will return you original doc
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

(Staring 30th Jan 2018) :: Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)

Post by plabo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am

NDRS is starting tomorrow i.e 30th Jan for applying for AN/MN1 registration/citizenship.

In short, we will now all be applying online for UK citizenship. Complete payment, print out biometric letter and print out referee page. It will also give us a list of original documents to take to NCS appointment.

At the council, they will take copies of the original documents, online application form will already have been sent to home office online. Referee page will be taken as well and sent by NCS to Home Office. We will have our biometric letter generated at the end of the application so no more waiting for the letter in the post and no problems in cancelled/rejected payments.

Once application has been submitted online, have to apply at NCS WITHIN 10 days with original documents,

have a look at this council's page...

https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/community ... vice-ndrs/

hopefully the other council's pages will update soon

i found this out today after emailing my own council (Hull City)

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Hm....This is interesting...
Does anyone know if the date of application will be the date of online application or the date of NCS appointment?
I can apply for citizenship from March 7th 2018. Does it mean I can submit the online application on let's say March 1st, and have the NCS appointment on March 7th...or, I can only submit the online application on March 7th?

cceaski13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cceaski13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Definitely the day the online application is made.
NCS is no longer NCS.
they are just the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 am

This thread is really helpful. I have a different question regarding date of application. I was told I have to make sure I was in the UK 5 years earlier on the date of application. I'm eligible to apply for BC on 8th February, but I was out of the country on holiday from 16th/17th February 2013 and from 21 Feb - 11 March 2013. If I fill in the online form on 8th Feb 2018, is that received date of application or do they wait for your documents before they mark as date of application (in which case I might be out of the country 5 years ago on that date).

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm
MrA2Z wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm
shakeerahT wrote:
MrA2Z wrote:

Yes/No

Yes/No

Yes it would. Put as much as you can remember or order a SAR to see what your full history is.

Thanks Shakeerah! This is good to know. What is a SAR and how do you order one?

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi everyone
Does anyone know how long the online application process can be in process of completing the forms?
If let's say I start the application now and then work on it for the next couple weeks....would it allow me such a long period, or there is a limit on how long one can work on the application online?
I am just thinking that I might start and then realize I need to go a check some details...
Thanks!

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Totara94 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 am
This thread is really helpful. I have a different question regarding date of application. I was told I have to make sure I was in the UK 5 years earlier on the date of application. I'm eligible to apply for BC on 8th February, but I was out of the country on holiday from 16th/17th February 2013 and from 21 Feb - 11 March 2013. If I fill in the online form on 8th Feb 2018, is that received date of application or do they wait for your documents before they mark as date of application (in which case I might be out of the country 5 years ago on that date).
Submission date is the online submission date when you will pay for it.

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

barabashka wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how long the online application process can be in process of completing the forms?
If let's say I start the application now and then work on it for the next couple weeks....would it allow me such a long period, or there is a limit on how long one can work on the application online?
I am just thinking that I might start and then realize I need to go a check some details...
Thanks!
For data protection purposes your application is deleted from the online portal after 3 months.
I left mine 'in progress' for a couple of weeks before submitting whilst getting my details together, and after submission I had a message saying I'll be able to access the application details online for three months before it will be deleted from the portal.

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Ceebee wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm
barabashka wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm
Hi everyone
Thanks!
For data protection purposes your application is deleted from the online portal after 3 months.
I left mine 'in progress' for a couple of weeks before submitting whilst getting my details together, and after submission I had a message saying I'll be able to access the application details online for three months before it will be deleted from the portal.
So, 2 weeks working on the application is possible then...
Thanks!