ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmali

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by mmali » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Everyone,
On 23/01/2018 I received an e-mail from Nationality Biometrics as follow:

Thank you for your e-mail, I can confirm that your biometrics have been enrolled and your application is now held in a queue waiting to be case worked. If you have any further questions regarding your application please contact FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Kind Regards
Her NAme........
UK Visas and Immigration
PM Exceptions Team

I applied to BC on 13/12/2107 and have done biometrics on 08/01/2018.Now.I do not know what does this e-mail mean.
Is my application given to a case-worker?
Who PM Exceptions Team is?
Any idea please???

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 am

@ mmali,
Not everyone got such email, I think they send emails randomly.

I only got email when my application was first received in June 2017, and email was just to confirm they av received it. I didn't get any email after biometrics enrollment.

Your email is just to let you know, they received your biometrics and yr application is waiting to be given to any available case worker to start looking at it.

PM means "permanent migration"

The team deal with most of applications of such.
I av seen it written many of the letters sent to me during my PR CARD period and also during my naturalisation application.

All the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks , Smallpie
I really hope that the Online application status checking service to be returned.
Give alot of peace of mind.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 am

mmali wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 am
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your e-mail, I can confirm that your biometrics have been enrolled and your application is now held in a queue waiting to be case worked. If you have any further questions regarding your application please contact FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Kind Regards
Her NAme........
UK Visas and Immigration
PM Exceptions Team

I applied to BC on 13/12/2107 and have done biometrics on 08/01/2018.Now.I do not know what does this e-mail mean.
Any idea please???
Did you apply through the ONLINE application form?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 am

Tarificgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm
Hi all
I recvd email today what does it means

Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is now going to a caseworker who, will contact you in due course.

Thank you
FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group
UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium

Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

T: 0151-

www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Hi

Did you apply through the ONLINE application route?

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Hi all, I sent them an email but recieved a letter by post instead just advising that application is awaiting checks and the timeline for these checks varies based on applicant circumstances, etc.

Has anyone else recieved a letter by post like this?

baddy

Post by baddy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:09 pm
Hi all, I sent them an email but recieved a letter by post instead just advising that application is awaiting checks and the timeline for these checks varies based on applicant circumstances, etc.

Did you receive any email from them after you sent the email? Did they say they will be sending you communcation or communiation will be posted to you?

eg6947
Newly Registered

Post by eg6947 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm

silverchloride wrote:

When did you apply if I may ask?

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

plabo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:57 am
mmali wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:33 am
Hi Everyone,

Kind Regards
Her NAme........
UK Visas and Immigration
PM Exceptions Team

Any idea please???
Did you apply through the ONLINE application form?
It is a postal application done by solicitor, you can find me on December British appolication timeline (mmali).

Grandee
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Grandee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:41 pm

I know is easy to say now because i have got my approved letter but please be patient, i was in same position as you, but you will hear good news soon. keep positive and always hope for the best. i wish you the very best of luck.

Tarificgirl

Post by Tarificgirl » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

plabo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 am
Tarificgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm
Hi all
I recvd email today what does it means

Thank you for your e-mail. Your application is now going to a caseworker who, will contact you in due course.

Thank you
FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group
UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium

Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

T: 0151-

www.homeoffice.gov.uk
Hi

Did you apply through the ONLINE application route?
It's postal application done by solicitor .

eg6947
Newly Registered

Post by eg6947 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Well, my guess is that such postal letters informing applicants that their case is now assigned to a caseworker is specific to applications represented by solicitors as I applied mid November through NCS but only got an email confirming the receipt of my application and then a postal letter about the the biometric details enrolment and nothing else so far.

baddy

Post by baddy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm

silverchloride wrote:

Do a flashback, are you sure it is not related to uk-tier-4-student-visas/working-more-th ... 84134.html

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am

baddy wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 pm
silverchloride wrote:

Do a flashback, are you sure it is not related to uk-tier-4-student-visas/working-more-th ... 84134.html
Hmmm, good point but that verification should be quite instant isn't it? Shouldn't take that long to investigate that from HMRC? Also, I never worked more than 20 hours during term time so I hope that's not an issue (worked 35 hours during holidays).

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 am

eg6947 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm
silverchloride wrote:

When did you apply if I may ask?
End of August... I now have recieved another letter (dated last week) responding to the same email!

baddy

Post by baddy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am
baddy wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

Hmmm, good point but that verification should be quite instant isn't it? Shouldn't take that long to investigate that from HMRC? Also, I never worked more than 20 hours during term time so I hope that's not an issue (worked 35 hours during holidays).
So I thought too. You have got a clean immigration history judging by your previous posts. and you have always done the right thing regarding your LTR. Some Caseworkers are just funny honestly. Judging by everyone contributions regarding the commuications from HO, one can easily put the bits together and have a fair understanding of their process.

I am sure one of the teams that handled the checks on your case before it was finally passed on to the Caseworker for final caseworking/decision must have noted it on their checklist that you were a student and worked during that time, which is legal. But because of laziness/Looking-for-fault, the caseworker must have flagged it for further checks to see if you never worked more than 20 hours during term time.

I think you will just need to wait for them to finish check whatever they want to check, which should have been instant but well, you just need to wait. And continue living your life normally. Just make sure you are keeping it clean till you hear from them. PCN/FPN etc.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am

baddy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am
silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:55 am
baddy wrote:
silverchloride wrote:

So I thought too. You have got a clean immigration history judging by your previous posts. and you have always done the right thing regarding your LTR. Some Caseworkers are just funny honestly. Judging by everyone contributions regarding the commuications from HO, one can easily put the bits together and have a fair understanding of their process.

I am sure one of the teams that handled the checks on your case before it was finally passed on to the Caseworker for final caseworking/decision must have noted it on their checklist that you were a student and worked during that time, which is legal. But because of laziness/Looking-for-fault, the caseworker must have flagged it for further checks to see if you never worked more than 20 hours during term time.

I think you will just need to wait for them to finish check whatever they want to check, which should have been instant but well, you just need to wait. And continue living your life normally. Just make sure you are keeping it clean till you hear from them. PCN/FPN etc.
Thanks! I just emailed them and was hoping for an email repsonse but was surprised to get a letter instead (and another one!!).

The first letter (dated on the date of my email) was quite short and to the point, said that they were waiting on checks from external agencies (probably overseas) and will make a decision as soon as the checks were completed.

The second letter (dated a week after the first letter), said all of the above, but also about 'good character requirement' and how it has not been defined in the law and is subject to interpretation and there is no time limit specified to make sure that the good character requirement checks are completed and verified... And that naturalisation is not automatic, etc.

So I reckon, they are just waiting on checks and it's been held up somewhere :(

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am

@ silverchloride,

Am surprised they are writing you letters to update you and telling you all these..

In most cases I read on here, they don't get letter to tell them update, other than only email reply and same saying to just wait and wait.

I didn't make any request for update on my application, but in the fifth month, they wrote me on good character stuffs and requested more docs and informations.
( I overstayed at somepoint for abt 16mnths)
So I provided the docs and informations, then following week,, my approval letter arrived.

Be positive, you should get approval letters from them soon, since they didn't ask you for any other information or docs.

All the best.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks!

And forgot to say, both letters were signed by different people in the Nationality Team...

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by kb8551 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
Just to give you guys an update. Received my approval letter yesterday, dated 24th January 2018. (applied on 12 August 2017 via NCS). Trying to call the council to arrange a private ceremony as I need the passport quite urgently but they've got the automated message on. Any advice on how else I could get in touch with them, based on your experience? (I've already sent an email)

baddy

Post by baddy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm

kb8551 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 pm
kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
Just to give you guys an update. Received my approval letter yesterday, dated 24th January 2018. (applied on 12 August 2017 via NCS). Trying to call the council to arrange a private ceremony as I need the passport quite urgently but they've got the automated message on. Any advice on how else I could get in touch with them, based on your experience? (I've already sent an email)
Get in touch the same way you booked the NCS appointment when you were submitting your application. Leave a message on the Automated message, I am sure the Registrar will call you back.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm

@ kb
Av u got ceremony invitation letter yet? Or ur approval letter is a combined one?

Cos most local council will not do ceremony for u without the invitation letter
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

yosephn
Newly Registered

Post by yosephn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi

Can anyone please provide me the email address for Further Nationality Enquiries ?

Thanks

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm

CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 am

Morning guys I just need somebody's opinion, basically I have applied for citizenship 3 months ago European family member route 6 years + 16 months PR I am just scared to death if they will consider me somehow overstayer I will tell the situation briefly my wife for over 7 years Eu citizen came here 11 years ago studied for three years with honour first class degrees I was visiting her on tourist visa for 1st two years obviously with with 2 different visa each year for few months then went back home and the time when she was on university holiday she spent it with me in my home country then 3rd year I signed up for course in Uk got a student visa lived with her she finished university started working full time straightaway as journalist and we intended to get married here just before my student visa expires by month or so I applied for permission for marriage in Uk I got a permission straightaway from the home office as my partner at the time exercising treaty right but we got the permission after my student visa expired by 17 days and in home office' letter they were aware of this so they extended my stay with permission to get married then got married after that applied straightaway for resident card of Eu family member it took them about 9 months to get my resident card all these months my documents were with them so we never claimed benefit me or my wife we are in constant employment since and I have never worked until I got my resident 5 years card so somehow do you think home office will consider me overstayer? Help please thank you ps I have never get refused when I wanted to get permission to get married they just gave me because obviously I would leave if they said so