ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kb8551
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by kb8551 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 am

baddy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm
kb8551 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:48 pm
kb8551 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm
Applied for citizenship (10 years long residence + 1 ILR) on 12th August (more than 5 months ago) through council's NCS service but still waiting for the decision letter. I'm based in London. Anyone else in the same situation?
Just to give you guys an update. Received my approval letter yesterday, dated 24th January 2018. (applied on 12 August 2017 via NCS). Trying to call the council to arrange a private ceremony as I need the passport quite urgently but they've got the automated message on. Any advice on how else I could get in touch with them, based on your experience? (I've already sent an email)
Get in touch the same way you booked the NCS appointment when you were submitting your application. Leave a message on the Automated message, I am sure the Registrar will call you back.
Thanks but I booked my NCS appointment online and they have deactivated voicemails.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am

@ bathroom11
I doubt they will see u as an overstayer.
According to your immigration history as u said here, they are aware of the little gaps you had in between one status to another.. They granted you permission to get married and the extension.

I think you will be okay.

If you still av any of those correspondences from HO during those gaps, u can sort them out ready, incase they write you for additional information or correspondence regarding your gaps. Or prove of presence in the UK at those periods.

Talking from my experience during my citizenship application. I overstayed my working visa for about 16mnths and later was granted EU family member residence card and later PR card, thru my EU wife.
During the 16mnths gap av been living with my EU wife and still till today.

In the application form , if u remember they asked if u ever breach UK immigration law at any time, I put NO. ( this worry me alot after I submitted my application, but I kept the believe to be successful)

By the fifth month, they wrote me regarding my overstaying and on good character, which it could be refused on that, so i was asked to produce some additional docs and give them more informations regarding that periods.

They asked if I was working that period, receiving benefits, studying ( i said NO to all )
Where I was living at that period ( I said with my EU wife, and I provided evidences to cover all the months, joint bills, tenancy agreements etc)

I submitted all I can, and wrote covering letter, my wife wrote letter too.

Following week my approval came.

So if they need any further information, they should ask you.. Don't panic bro.

But looking at your history, seems u av done the right thing to the last stage.

My history is more complicated than yours..and I still got approval.

I wish you all the best, and i hope this gives you more assurance.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am

smallpie wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am
@ bathroom11
I doubt they will see u as an overstayer.
According to your immigration history as u said here, they are aware of the little gaps you had in between one status to another.. They granted you permission to get married and the extension.

I think you will be okay.

If you still av any of those correspondences from HO during those gaps, u can sort them out ready, incase they write you for additional information or correspondence regarding your gaps. Or prove of presence in the UK at those periods.

Talking from my experience during my citizenship application. I overstayed my working visa for about 16mnths and later was granted EU family member residence card and later PR card, thru my EU wife.
During the 16mnths gap av been living with my EU wife and still till today.

In the application form , if u remember they asked if u ever breach UK immigration law at any time, I put NO. ( this worry me alot after I submitted my application, but I kept the believe to be successful)

By the fifth month, they wrote me regarding my overstaying and on good character, which it could be refused on that, so i was asked to produce some additional docs and give them more informations regarding that periods.

They asked if I was working that period, receiving benefits, studying ( i said NO to all )
Where I was living at that period ( I said with my EU wife, and I provided evidences to cover all the months, joint bills, tenancy agreements etc)

I submitted all I can, and wrote covering letter, my wife wrote letter too.

Following week my approval came.

So if they need any further information, they should ask you.. Don't panic bro.

But looking at your history, seems u av done the right thing to the last stage.

My history is more complicated than yours..and I still got approval.

I wish you all the best, and i hope this gives you more assurance.
Thank you so much for your help is just worrying process I got the email from the home office with their approval for marriage and at the time they sent me certificate approval to get married I don't have it because they took it from at date of marriage . But I sent them a certified copy from certificate of our marriage with the date of marriage I certified it as well with my embassy here in London to be officially recognised by my home country and I have all evidence bankstaments and bills with me and my wife living together since 2009 I wanted to send it but annoyingly the council said no need to but I have them anyway I sent them copy of my wife PR as well so hopefully I'll get through :(

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

@ bathroom11
You are welcome.

I can understand how worrying it can be.. I was in your shoes during my application time.

You can keep hold of the other correspondences, just incase they ask for more information or details..
The HO email etc..

I was lucky my wife don't throw away docs, i.e bank statements, payslips, etc. Docs as back as 2008-2010

Cos I mainly used her docs to show she was working and paying the rent for us, and was looking after my living, in the UK during those periods I overstayed.

Keep your hopes high bro.
You will get approval soon.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:57 am

MN1 and NA EU in NCS Camdan 6 November steill waiting!!!may son steady me work security mor 6 years!!!! I hop soon good news

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:39 am

What is Ao CCST Nationality Group.... i got email from them

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Babag391 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:39 am
What is Ao CCST Nationality Group.... i got email from them
AO is the officer grade: Administrative Officer (one of the lower HO staff levels)

CCST stands for: Citizenship Ceremonies Support team

akz

Post by akz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi everyone

Today I have sent an email to "MMST FMT <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>" and ask for the application status wether it is decided or still in process. My friend has applied on the same date (7/11/2017) from the same coucnil and he got the approval later on 1/02/2018. That make more focus on my application outcome.

Is it ok to send this email? it is a bit too early to ask about it anyway finger cross.

regards
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

eg6947
Newly Registered

Post by eg6947 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:28 pm

akz wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Hi everyone

Today I have sent an email to "MMST FMT <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>" and ask for the application status wether it is decided or still in process. My friend has applied on the same date (7/11/2017) from the same coucnil and he got the approval later on 1/02/2018. That make more focus on my application outcome.

Is it ok to send this email? it is a bit too early to ask about it anyway finger cross.

regards
akz
Just for the record, I applied on the 14 of November and still waiting as well. I think they treat each case separately and not necessarily that everyone who applied on the same day will get their outcomes on the same day. Many things come into play, e.g. current nationality and the applicant history in the UK etc.
That is my personal opinion.

Let's hope we all get some good news soon. It's a real shame that the status link stopped working. At least it was giving an indication of what was going on.

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Iam and my son EU Aply 6 November steel waiting!!!!!

akz

Post by akz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm

eg6947 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:28 pm
akz wrote:
Hi everyone

regards
akz
Just for the record, I applied on the 14 of November and still waiting as well. I think they treat each case separately and not necessarily that everyone who applied on the same day will get their outcomes on the same day. Many things come into play, e.g. current nationality and the applicant history in the UK etc.

Let's hope we all get some good news soon. It's a real shame that the status link stopped working. At least it was giving an indication of what was going on.
Thanks, Yes that link was very good. As the email reply, I got is very generic, like wait for longer and contact when 6 months of your application first submitted is complete.

Finger cross.

regards
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:04 pm

CCST.... customer care support team OR citizenship ceremonies Support Team....????

ZFDar
Pakistan

Post by ZFDar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi There,

I applied on 3rd of November and still waiting too :-(... Countless people who applied after us have actually received their approvals. I hope we get ours soon too...
akz wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm
eg6947 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:28 pm
akz wrote:
Hi everyone

regards
akz

Thanks, Yes that link was very good. As the email reply, I got is very generic, like wait for longer and contact when 6 months of your application first submitted is complete.

Finger cross.

regards
akz
Hi There,

I applied on 3rd of November and still waiting too :-(... Countless people who applied after us have actually received their approvals. I hope we get ours soon too...

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

dealt with by the Citizenship Ceremonies Support team (CCST).
CCST process
Where a valid request is received in CCST you must follow the procedure below:

So it means my application is with Citizenship and Ceremonies Support Team.

Email i got:morning,

Thank you for your email below.

We are currently dealing with your request and you will hear something shortly.

Kind Regards

CCST

What u think guys???

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Approval received and invitation letter was received today 03/02/2018 in the post dated 30/01/2018.
I applied on 20th September 2017. 4 and a half months of waiting, I never heard from them other then that Biometric letter they sent me on 27th September 2017.

It was just a one page letter which is approval and invitation to book citizenship ceremony in one. It has a POLL cover note number that is necessary to contact the council. They also gave me the link of my local council. Some guidance notes of what to expect at the ceremony and what is going to happen there at the back of the same one page letter. No paper waste and everything you need to know or need is on that one paper.

My council give two public ceremonies every week, but I don't know how full there are to be honest, so I have made an inquiry and should get an email or phone call from them, if I don't hear anything from them by middle of next week, I will call them. The public ceremony fee is incl. in that £1282 we paid for the naturalisation application so it all depends on the availability of a ceremony whether I book the private ceremony which is £140 on top for weekday and £180 on Saturday.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm

@ gaffarn

Congratulations.. Enjoy your new identity as a British citizen.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

October9
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by October9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:54 pm

nobu3 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25 pm
I applied 25 sept 2017
Sent email on the 20 December 2017 to find about my application citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Replied your case is on the queu to a case worker but try to sent another email on the 17 jan 2018 but didn’t receive any answer from HO
Is there any luck for me
so frustrated
Any update on your second email? How long did it take for citizenship support to respond to your first email? I sent an email to them on 1st Feb, but no response, yet.

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:58 pm

smallpie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:51 pm
@ gaffarn

Congratulations.. Enjoy your new identity as a British citizen.
Thanks alot smallpie. :)

October9
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by October9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:59 pm

gaffarn wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm
Approval received and invitation letter was received today 03/02/2018 in the post dated 30/01/2018.
I applied on 20th September 2017. 4 and a half months of waiting, I never heard from them other then that Biometric letter they sent me on 27th September 2017.

It was just a one page letter which is approval and invitation to book citizenship ceremony in one. It has a POLL cover note number that is necessary to contact the council. They also gave me the link of my local council. Some guidance notes of what to expect at the ceremony and what is going to happen there at the back of the same one page letter. No paper waste and everything you need to know or need is on that one paper.

My council give two public ceremonies every week, but I don't know how full there are to be honest, so I have made an inquiry and should get an email or phone call from them, if I don't hear anything from them by middle of next week, I will call them. The public ceremony fee is incl. in that £1282 we paid for the naturalisation application so it all depends on the availability of a ceremony whether I book the private ceremony which is £140 on top for weekday and £180 on Saturday.
Great news! Congratulations!

gaffarn
Mood:

Post by gaffarn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:27 pm

October9 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:59 pm
gaffarn wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Great news! Congratulations!
Thanks and all the best to you too and everyone still waiting.

Babag391
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Babag391 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Guys, I received following email from CCSt

Do u think my file is with them

Thank you for your email below.

We are currently dealing with your request and you will hear something shortly.

Kind Regards

CCST

What u think guys???

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 am

October9 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:54 pm
nobu3 wrote:
I applied 25 sept 2017
Sent email on the 20 December 2017 to find about my application citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Replied your case is on the queu to a case worker but try to sent another email on the 17 jan 2018 but didn’t receive any answer from HO
Is there any luck for me
so frustrated
Any update on your second email? How long did it take for citizenship support to respond to your first email? I sent an email to them on 1st Feb, but no response, yet.
Instead of receiving email, actually got a letter from the HO referred about my name the way as be written on the form and the passport seems to be mistake on the passport my surname and middle name seems in one words but in my form I wrote correct so they needs reply with some documents so they can take it from there must be before the 11/02 they want print my certificate.
just fingers cross I believe God is in control🙏🏻🤞

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 am

nobu3 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:31 am
October9 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
I applied 25 sept 2017
Is there any luck for me
so frustrated
Instead of receiving email, actually got a letter from the HO referred about my name the way as be written on the form and the passport seems to be mistake on the passport my surname and middle name seems in one words but in my form I wrote correct so they needs reply with some documents so they can take it from there must be before the 11/02 they want print my certificate.
I believe the time frame for the email reply is 10 to 14 days bcz my took 12 days before reply back to me

October9
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by October9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:30 pm

nobu3 wrote:
October9 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
I applied 25 sept 2017
Is there any luck for me
so frustrated
If you were aware of the mismatch, you could explain that in your form avoiding the confusion and the delay. However, your application seems to be in the last stage of decision and you will hear the good news, when they have the required documents :) Good luck

October9
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by October9 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

nobu3 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:40 am
nobu3 wrote:
October9 wrote:
nobu3 wrote:
I applied 25 sept 2017
Is there any luck for me
so frustrated
I believe the time frame for the email reply is 10 to 14 days bcz my took 12 days before reply back to me
This long time frame is more connected to the second class post! Replying by email shouldn't take that long, I suppose!