ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry to UK after British Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FOCUS

Entry to UK after British Passport

Post by FOCUS » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi every one,

I have a query regarding travelling to India with Indian passport and returning back to UK with British passport , please help me with it.

For Suppose we have applied British passport(BP) here in UK and my baby has travelled to India on Indian passport before obtaning BP . while he is in India if I have received his BP at UK home address , I will take that BP to India and surrender his Indian passport and get surrender certificate.

- Apart from this ,is there any exit process that we need to follow or any exit documnets that we need to obtain ?

- And also I want to travel back to UK with my baby whith his BP.Then, would officers in India or Immigration at UK allow him to travel on British passport as he do not have exit stamp from UK and entry stamp in India ?

Any one experienced similar siutation please share your thoughts and experiences

Thank you

FOCUS

Re: Entry to UK after British Passport

Post by FOCUS » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Hi,

Any one please if you have or heard similar experience please respond

alien.uk
Mood:

Post by alien.uk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 am

Exit / Entry stamps doesn't matter as you can show evidences of surrendering Indian passport being in India.
However, I am not entirely sure if questions will be raised by Indian authorities while issuing the surrender certificate as it attracts penalty when you use the Indian passport after acquiring foreign citizenship.

Check the grace period in this case, if you are allowed to do so within that timeframe.
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Thank you alien for your kind response

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Once you surrender the Indian passport then don't you think the child should have Indian visitor visa or is it not required?

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi middletier1,

That is what iam also not clear about and trying to get info from other members . But it seems no one has taken this route hence no reply yet .
As I have seen ur other post n u are in India , did u contact Indian authorities regarding this?
once u surrender the Indian passport , we need to follow rules over there in India
So I hv all doubts as follows
- can the baby stay in India with out an indian passport n surrendering it after obtaining BC
- can we stay in India with out a passport even though we apply for OCI or
- Shld we apply visit visa before surrendering indian passport or
- can we take the 3 months grace period as an advantage and submit the Indian PP just before we hv a travel plan to Uk with the baby before the 3 months grace period for submitting Indian passport ends ?
As u r in India ,If u can contact the Indian authority which deals with all these they might help us
please kindly do update me if u able to get any information and update happenings with your case

Thank you very much

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:31 am

Focus,
Check my recent post and as per FRRO my daughter can keep dual passports until she become major, thus I single go back UK and collect her British passport

om.feb26

Post by om.feb26 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi @FOCUS,

Could you please share your final experience on this?

Thanks

FOCUS

Post by FOCUS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 am

Hi om,
Sorry for the delay in reply
I hvnt taken this route. I stayed in UK n applied BP for my baby