ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : Passport Validity for a child

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mspawar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : Passport Validity for a child

Post by mspawar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:22 pm

I need a help. I am successful Tier 1 Exceptional Talent applicant.
With this visa I came to UK in the month on November 2017 and have been doing great.

Now I am planning to apply for a visa for my 3 year old child and my wife. For my wife I am applying for five years visa as she has a passport that is valid for next 8 years. My query is regarding my child.

My visa is valid for another five years (Mar 2023). Can I apply for a visa for my child for five years. Problem is that he has valid passport till July 2021 which is three years from now.

Please suggest an option:

1) Visa for 3 years
2) Visa for five years

~Regards

mspawar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : Passport Validity for a child

Post by mspawar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 pm

I am applying for three years as with this time I can apply for ILR. And then dependents can also follow same route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa : Passport Validity for a child

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:50 pm

My understanding is that dependents apply for and get the same visa validity as the main visa holder.

Did you not get a BRP card to collect in the UK once you arrived??

PBS Dependent visa holders require 5 years residence to qualify for ILR as far as I understand the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.