ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Visit Visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sresree140
Newly Registered

Advice on Visit Visa for parents

Post by sresree140 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 am

Hello,

I am an Indian citizen living in UK on ILR. I do not work now but have a savings around 27K in bank. I am living with my husband now. But due to difficulties I am facing at home, I am planning to move out with my son. My son has autism and is not in full time education now. I am planning to rent out a house and bring my parents from India to stay with us for 6 months so that I can work for that time. My parents are both pensioners, have a house, car, gold deposits in India. They have been to UK in visit visa previously and have been to Netherlands to stay with my brother. Is it possible that they will get visit visa if I invite them? I do not work now and has been out of work from more than 2 years. I am not on any benefits as of now except child benefit.

Please advise.

Thanks
sresree

Casa

Re: Advice on Visit Visa for parents

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 am

A 6 months 'visit' is likely to be considered too long and will also be considered as unpaid childcare (even as family), which is not permitted under the terms of a visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sresree140
Newly Registered

Post by sresree140 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am

Hello Casa,

Thanks for the reply. If I join job and then invite them for 6 months, still will it be a difficult case?

I do not intend to mention the purpose of visit as childcare, just to visit us. My parents have been here for 6 months visit previously.

Regards
sresree

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 pm

sresree140 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am
Hello Casa,

Thanks for the reply. If I join job and then invite them for 6 months, still will it be a difficult case?

I do not intend to mention the purpose of visit as childcare, just to visit us. My parents have been here for 6 months visit previously.

Regards
sresree
How long did they state they'd visit last time?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sresree140
Newly Registered

Post by sresree140 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 pm
sresree140 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 am
Hello Casa,

Regards
sresree
How long did they state they'd visit last time?
They asked for 6 months and was granted 6 months. My husband and I ( was working then) invited and sponsored their visit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:59 pm

How long ago was their last visa and visit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sresree140
Newly Registered

Post by sresree140 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:59 pm
How long ago was their last visa and visit?
Their last visit was in 2013 for 6 months. They left the country a few days before the visa end date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:43 am

It is more difficult to get a visit visa now compared to 2013.

They need to submit substantial evidence to prove ties to home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.