ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion about category A and Category B please advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MYA

Confusion about category A and Category B please advise

Post by MYA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Dear board members

I am going to fill the FLRM form for my wife to switch from PBS dependant to dependant of a settled person visa.

But Iam stuck with category A and category B, I know that if a person is on non salaried employment for 6 months and more can use category A and if less then 6 months it’s category B.
My situation is that my wife is working since 7 years with the same employer so obviously she can use category A but as we are using combined income to show £18,600 minimum required and my employment is less than 6 months so I lied in category B

So in my situation which category we have to use ? Can we use both categories ? Which looks not correct so please explain it to me whether it’s A or it’s B or both A and B in my situation.????????????

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Confusion about category A and Category B please advise

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:32 pm

If you both combining your income to meet £18600 requirements then based on your situation you fall under category B. However if either/both of you have got savings from last 6 months then can use it to clear the deficit if you apply with wife's employment only under category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MYA

Post by MYA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Dear readers

I put above question as I have no clue what to do with this but, but I saw that no one look at it and my question was going down and down so I thought to keep my question alive till members see it and reply my question.

Waiting for guidance thanks

MYA

Post by MYA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Thanks seagul for time and reply, but still you did not get my question.
My question was not that we are not meeting the criteria of £18600
My question was that it’s me who has got non salaried income which is from the employer with which Iam working for 5 months before that I had no employer so in that cas I fall in category B
So in the application form which category I need to tick my wife applying for ?
1) category A because she is in it or
2) category B because of me as I have employment for only 5 months

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:09 pm

MYA wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 pm
Thanks seagul for time and reply, but still you did not get my question.
My question was not that we are not meeting the criteria of £18600
My question was that it’s me who has got non salaried income which is from the employer with which Iam working for 5 months before that I had no employer so in that cas I fall in category B
So in the application form which category I need to tick my wife applying for ?
1) category A because she is in it or
2) category B because of me as I have employment for only 5 months
You didn't pick the main meaning. It doesn't matter whose earning. Either of you alone/together can meet the requirement. Always best to keep things precise but relevant. I hope you got it now.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MYA

Post by MYA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 pm

So you mean that my wife will select category A it does not matter which category Iam in, whether my job is 5 month or 5 years 🤔

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm

MYA wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 pm
So you mean that my wife will select category A it does not matter which category Iam in, whether my job is 5 month or 5 years 🤔
If her income alone meets the requirement of £18600 under category A then you don't need to show anything from your side.

MYA

Post by MYA » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:52 am

No , not at all we both have to show combined non salaried income ( don’t confuse with non employment income) to meet £18600. That’s why Iam asking which category A or B to tick.
As she can tick for herself A but can’t tick B for me separately as there are no seperate columns to tick partner category if partner is in employment for less than six months. That’s the point where I am stuck !!!!☹️

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Currently you can't select category A because of working for same employer from less than 6 months. But since you told in previous post that you are working for present employer from 5 months then preferably wait another month.