ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Signature Statutory Declaration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Signature Statutory Declaration

Post by gorgeous » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi guys,

Has any of you applying for citizenship ever made a mistake when signing the statutory declaration?

I've heard that they're holding some application because signatures don't match with passports and you need to send them a letter explaining why it didn't match and sign the letter to prove that it's you.

Do you know if this can delay the application?

Thanks!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Signature Statutory Declaration

Post by chaoclive » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm

My partner was asked why his signature on his passport doesn't match that on the application form. We just replied and told them the truth: he signed his passport in Chinese but now has adopted an English signature (having been here for a few years).

After writing the reply to INIS (August, 2017), we heard back that his application had moved to the second stage (November, 2017). Nothing since!

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:54 am

Oh, that's great!

I think they will do the same with mine as my signature doesn't match with my passport. God only knows why I signed differently haha

Thanks!

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 am

why don't you proactively tackle that issue by sending a cover letter and provide a sample of your Chinese signature on that cover letter with explanation.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 am
why don't you proactively tackle that issue by sending a cover letter and provide a sample of your Chinese signature on that cover letter with explanation.
I thought of doing that, my signature is not in Chinese, it is in English, but I went to New Communities where they help you with your Citizenship application and I was told that I shouldn't proactively send it as they might not ask for it. If they do, then I can send it.