ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tehan
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by tehan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am

Hello Everyone,
I have just got the appeal decision letter from my lawyer. My appeal has been allowed on human rights grounds article 8 but i am a bit confused about one sentence that says ' i send back to the respondent for further consideration in relation to weather a fresh decision should be made'
can any of you please explain me what exactly does it mean? and can HO just not appeal and reject the decision? its already been 12 days from the letter and until 9th day HO didn't appeal against the decision as the court informed me.
I was refused ILR for long gap but had compelling and compassionate grounds which the judge explained in the decision very well and also said it was beyond my control. i.m just so stressed out its been almost 2 years this process been going on.

Thanks in Advance.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:18 pm

How long is ur Gap?
Whats the reason of ur gap
And what category visa do u hold at the minute
Plz give details about your history so it will be easy for the members a d admin to reply to u accordingly

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi members,

My application for SET(LR) is approved and I received all my documents except my degree and live in UK test. I will need them in future so how would I get them back?

and secondly I varied my this application from SET(O). I paid the new fee for LR application, what is the procedure to refund my previous application fee? Is there any HO Number or email ?

Hope to hear someone soon.

Thanks
Vesh

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 pm
Hi members,

My application for SET(LR) is approved and I received all my documents except my degree and live in UK test. I will need them in future so how would I get them back?

and secondly I varied my this application from SET(O). I paid the new fee for LR application, what is the procedure to refund my previous application fee? Is there any HO Number or email ?

Thanks
Vesh
Dont u have a copy of ur life in uk test ? U only need a copy for future as homeoffoce only want the test number on it. A.d u can alwaysbget a duplicate degree from ur university.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:11 am
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi members,

Thanks
Vesh
Dont u have a copy of ur life in uk test ? U only need a copy for future as homeoffoce only want the test number on it. A.d u can alwaysbget a duplicate degree from ur university.
Hi Hassan,
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Life in uk test. I can get the duplicate degree. and what about to get the fee back of my previous application?

Thanks
Vesh

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:21 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 am
Hassan7861 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi members,

Thanks
Vesh
Hi Hassan,
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Life in uk test. I can get the duplicate degree. and what about to get the fee back of my previous application?

Thanks
Vesh
U might be able to get a copy from the test center where u gave ur tesr for liuk. Ur fee for previous application should be refunded by home office and they will sooner or later u have to write to them push them for this

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:23 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:21 am
Vesh123 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:18 am
Hassan7861 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi members,

Thanks
Vesh
Hi Hassan,

Thanks
Vesh
U might be able to get a copy from the test center where u gave ur tesr for liuk. Ur fee for previous application should be refunded by home office and they will sooner or later u have to write to them push them for this
Is there any email or address where shall i write them for fee?

Thanks

marksteve2019
BANNED
India

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by marksteve2019 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 pm

ILR( LR)

ILR( LR) Proof of your Current Employment. The Home Office have a discretion to refuse ILR under para 276 if it is not in the public interest so your application would be stronger if you could prove that you were currently working. I don’t want the home office saying that it is not in the public interest to grant you ILR as you have no meaningful work and are likely to claim benefits.

Do you want me to make the application without your NI number and without any evidence of your current work

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:00 pm

marksteve2019 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:58 pm
ILR( LR)

ILR( LR) Proof of your Current Employment. The Home Office have a discretion to refuse ILR under para 276 if it is not in the public interest so your application would be stronger if you could prove that you were currently working. I don’t want the home office saying that it is not in the public interest to grant you ILR as you have no meaningful work and are likely to claim benefits.

Do you want me to make the application without your NI number and without any evidence of your current work
Kindly desist form spamming the forum with multiple duplicate posts. You have a topic, suggest stick it instead of posting the same post repetitively.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-lr-proof ... l#p1591596
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:46 am

tehan wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am
Hello Everyone,
I have just got the appeal decision letter from my lawyer. My appeal has been allowed on human rights grounds article 8 but i am a bit confused about one sentence that says ' i send back to the respondent for further consideration in relation to weather a fresh decision should be made'
can any of you please explain me what exactly does it mean? and can HO just not appeal and reject the decision? its already been 12 days from the letter and until 9th day HO didn't appeal against the decision as the court informed me.
I was refused ILR for long gap but had compelling and compassionate grounds which the judge explained in the decision very well and also said it was beyond my control. i.m just so stressed out its been almost 2 years this process been going on.

Thanks in Advance.

I think it means the judge is asking homeoffice to remake the decision.

doubledee
Wales

Post by doubledee » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:48 am

[/quote]

Hi Hassan,

Thanks
Vesh
[/quote]
[/quote]

Is there any email or address where shall i write them for fee?

Thanks
[/quote]

Have you tried phoning the customer service number, they may be able to inform you of what to do.

shahper591
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shahper591 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 am

Hi, I need your help, my entrepreneur visa application was refused in 2015 but refusal letter was delivered to a wrong address and I came to know about refusal 2 months after the application was refused. My solicitor then filed appeal asking for in time right of appeal from tribunal which was accepted for hearing and later decision came in my favor. Will those 2 moths be counted as over stay or will it effect my 10 years period?
Please advise.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 pm

shahper591 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 am
Hi, I need your help, my entrepreneur visa application was refused in 2015 but refusal letter was delivered to a wrong address and I came to know about refusal 2 months after the application was refused. My solicitor then filed appeal asking for in time right of appeal from tribunal which was accepted for hearing and later decision came in my favor. Will those 2 moths be counted as over stay or will it effect my 10 years period?
Please advise.
Yes without any doubt those 2 months will be counted as over stay ur 10 years long residency is broken. But dont lose hope where their is a will their is a way. Ive been granted ilr i also had 2 months overstay gap.

tehan
Newly Registered

Post by tehan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:08 am

doubledee wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:46 am
tehan wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in Advance.

I think it means the judge is asking homeoffice to remake the decision.
thank you very much for your reply. the HO didn't appeal against the decision. I am just wondering what's next?

october2013

Post by october2013 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Is there LR 10 year residence timeline ONLY thread pls? Cant find

shahper591
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shahper591 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 pm
shahper591 wrote:
Please advise.
Yes without any doubt those 2 months will be counted as over stay ur 10 years long residency is broken. But dont lose hope where their is a will their is a way. Ive been granted ilr i also had 2 months overstay gap.
Thanks for reply, I have premier service appointment on 3rd March, what you think I should expect, approved? refusal and then appeal? Is there any way to come over this issue?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am

shahper591 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 am
Hassan7861 wrote:
shahper591 wrote:
Please advise.
Thanks for reply, I have premier service appointment on 3rd March, what you think I should expect, approved? refusal and then appeal? Is there any way to come over this issue?
Most probably it will be refused due to the 2 months break. Actually ur break is from the day ur visa was refused till the day ur visa was granted so ur break is more then 2 months. U can write a covering letter explaining the reason of the break rest it all depends on the case worker.

shahper591
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shahper591 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am
shahper591 wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:
shahper591 wrote:
Please advise.
Most probably it will be refused due to the 2 months break. Actually ur break is from the day ur visa was refused till the day ur visa was granted so ur break is more then 2 months. U can write a covering letter explaining the reason of the break rest it all depends on the case worker.
Thanks Hassan, one more thing to pint out, homeoffice withdraw their case, they didn't proceed to hearing, in this case what you think will they still consider the break?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:40 pm

shahper591 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm
Hassan7861 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am
shahper591 wrote:
Hassan7861 wrote:

Thanks Hassan, one more thing to pint out, homeoffice withdraw their case, they didn't proceed to hearing, in this case what you think will they still consider the break?
Are you applying ILR on long residency basis? If yes then home office will definately consider the break and will refuse you . But still dont lose hope i had to fight 2 years in the tribunals to get my ILR i had 62 days gap.

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a long story for my ILR but to cut it a short recent application for JR had been requested by HO to review their decision before the matter was gone to oral hearing. Now they have requested 3 months of time and agreed to cover the reasonable cost incurred during this process.

Is it a good news? and what is the end result in these cases? My previous ILR was refused on 322 alleged deception for under-declaring the income to HO in 2011 and over declaring in HMRC which resulted in an underpayment of tax. In PAP they removed the deception but kept the decision as a refusal. JR has filed only 25 days ago and HO has requested to reconsider decision and asked for consent to my brilliant solicitor!

Please comment and advise.

Many Thanks

VKM
Newly Registered
India

Post by VKM » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I have been a silent observer on this forum for a few weeks now. I have yesterday received my ILR via the LR route so thought of advising my case.

2008 to 2013 - On WP/CoS/Tier 2 ICT
Went back to India in April 2013. Got a Business Visa for 1 year issued.
2013-14 - 3 Visits to UK on BV with no single absence more than 180 days. Longest absence from UK was 174 days.
August 2014 - Got Tier 2 ICT Long Term and returned to UK.

Appointment yesterday in Croydon PEO for Set LR. Went in at 09:00 and Application successful at 10:26. Smooth and good experience.

Thanks every for their posts as it really helped me in my journey. All the Best

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:59 am

wahabishtiaq wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a long story for my ILR but to cut it a short recent application for JR had been requested by HO to review their decision before the matter was gone to oral hearing. Now they have requested 3 months of time and agreed to cover the reasonable cost incurred during this process.

Is it a good news? and what is the end result in these cases? My previous ILR was refused on 322 alleged deception for under-declaring the income to HO in 2011 and over declaring in HMRC which resulted in an underpayment of tax. In PAP they removed the deception but kept the decision as a refusal. JR has filed only 25 days ago and HO has requested to reconsider decision and asked for consent to my brilliant solicitor!

Please comment and advise.

Many Thanks
Home office take deception very seriously. U still have long way to go even if they grant u leave to remain they will not give u ilr they might give u limited leave ti remain and put u on 10 years route again or they might refuse u again it all depend on the case worker. I dont think so any one here will be abke to advice on this u are totally on home office discreation.

aks0306
Newly Registered
India

Post by aks0306 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi Guys

Need some help.
I am writing in regards of my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK visa application. I made an application on 20/04/2016. I went for my biometric test in May 2016.
I had my interview In February 2017.
It’s been more than one and half year since my application without any response.

So after waiting for that long I thought it would be easier as it’s been 10 Yrs legally for me in this country back in September 2017, I varied my application and applied through Long residence visa last year Oct 2017 thinking I might get a quicker decision as I have waited for almost 2 yrs now.

I have also been trying the premium service option since December but had no luck.

A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans and job prospects. The length of time its taking making it difficult for me to apply for other job opportunities as the employers require my passport for identification proof. I am also not able to travel abroad to visit my family specially my father who is not keeping too well. Requesting the return of my passport in emergency can lead to my application being ‘withdrawn’. I really feel that this has restricted my freedom of movement for an unacceptable length of time.

Please can someone advice what can i do other than waiting or i have any other option i can approach home office to get response.

I dont have any tax issues and paid all taxes as well.

Any helpful suggestion please?

A

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi aks0306
Contact with you local Mp. If you have solicitor ask him to send letter to home office .

aks0306
Newly Registered
India

Post by aks0306 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm

nomanwahab wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi aks0306
Contact with you local Mp. If you have solicitor ask him to send letter to home office .
Hi
Thank you however Mp said I have to wait till April as my new application is still in service standards and my solicitor wrote a letter but still no reply it’s been almost 10 days now.
Is there any other option as premium service I have been emailing but no luck.

Aks0306