ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Re: vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Post by acc25tax » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am

Sorry... I was just trying to contribute to the thread... Apologies!

amnaali03

Re: vary entrepreneur tier 1 to ilr long residence further checks Letter at premium

Post by amnaali03 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:23 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 am
Hi Guys,

I am in the same boat. I applied for ILR by hand (LR) on 19th Jan in Croydon and was handed a 'further checks letter'.

I applied for T1 Ent Ext in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28 Nov 2017 (no correspondence before 20 Nov 2017)

After the interview I have had no correspondence and varied my application on 19 Jan 2018.

I asked the case worker on 19 Jan to SPECIFICALLY tell me what are these checks as I am sure I can assist them with more information and on top of it I have paid the premium fees in accordance to the rules but they are seriously lacking in providing information to the applicants. As we can all guess the case worker was truly clueless (I could read her face and I am sure this was her first case of ILR application) and while I appreciate that they are humble and apologetic (at least she was to me!), I think they don't realise how much uncertainty their lack of provision of information causes.

To evidence how incompetent the Home Office is sometimes (most of the times?); the compliance officer who came to my interview (I had a frank & relaxed conversation with them) mentioned to me that all they have done is A Levels (the discussion only originated as they were asking me about my Qualifications; I am a Full member of 2 accounting associations in the UK and a Fellow of one again in the UK, along with a Masters Degree at Distinction level from a UK university). The one who was taking notes could NOT even spell names properly (e.g. could not spell Neil and kept on writing is at Nele)

I think the Home Office needs a serious revamp as they think its a wise decision to send someone who has done A levels to check whether a qualified accountant is running their business properly!!!. Definitely need to be checked for their recruitment criteria.

I will really appreciate if people who are in the same boat as me can keep us up to date and any progress on my application I will let you guys know.

Best of luck to everyone.
Thanks acc25tax for sharing your experience.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am

Dear All,
I want to share a good news. Today I received my all documents back with a letter that you will receive your BRP in next 7 days. Members can read my story in previous posts.

Thanks to all members, especially Zimba, Marcnath, CR001 and others.

With regards

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am

Amnaali,

That is genuinely a good news. I am sure you must be relieved and delighted. In my understanding and from the people I know who varied their T1 Ent extension to ILR, you are probably the first one I have heard who has received their ILR.

Hearty congrats once again. I gather you varied on 4th Jan and have had a reply on 6th Feb. I guess a vague benchmark for timelines!

By the way did you ever get an interview for your T1Ent Ext?

Regards

thutmose
Bangladesh

Post by thutmose » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:41 am

Congratulations Amanali

If I may ask, which PSC did you go to?

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am

amnaali03 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am
Dear All,
I want to share a good news. Today I received my all documents back with a letter that you will receive your BRP in next 7 days. Members can read my story in previous posts.

With regards
Dear Amina Ali,
Congratulations, it is a good sign for us to.

I rang to ukvi number and lady said if your application is not decided on the same day,
we take it as normal application which may take upto 6 months, as a normal time for ILR applications.
I applied on 26th January 2018, nothing received.
Only got good news from your side.
Once again congratulations.

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for all. I never had interview, not now, not during initial application.
Student visa, psw, tier 1 entrepreneur, extension application and then varied on 4th Jan at Cardiff. I don’t think PSC matters, its all upon case worker and about your application. Just like in Tier 1 entrepreneur ext applications, some ger reply in 2-3 weeks and majority about 8-10 months time.

I was hoping to get reply end of March 2018 and now a days was thinking how to get refund, but today received all documents and letter.

I was in tension bcz my mother is ill in my home country & I think its due to my mother prayers.

If any one want to know any thing, plz let me know.

Regards

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Moonpk786 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am
amnaali03 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am
Dear All,

With regards
Dear Amina Ali,
Congratulations, it is a good sign for us to.

I rang to ukvi number and lady said if your application is not decided on the same day,
we take it as normal application which may take upto 6 months, as a normal time for ILR applications.
I applied on 26th January 2018, nothing received.
Only got good news from your side.
Once again congratulations.
I also got the same replay when i rang them couple of days before. Yesterday I spent 25 min to call them about refund & the gentleman said to write a letter to tier 1 entrepreneur ext caseworker & cut the line.
Regards

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Amnaali

I wish your mother a full recovery and without doubt it is because of her prayers

Thank you for sharing the experience and wish you all the best of luck

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

A great piece of good news just came in literally 10 mins ago from my solicitor who has received the letter from home office along with the documents that I supplied with my ILR application. The letter says bio metric card will arrive in 7 working days. This confirms the ILR has been approved.

However, the letter is very confusingly written as it does NOT mention anywhere that the application as been approved however, has the ILR application reference at the top and goes on to say that the BRP card will arrive in 7 days.

Interestingly they have returned all the documents (including my driving licence as it was kept by Home Office) and the BRP guy tried to deliver the card but the lawyer was unable to collect it.

I am happy that the application has been approved (going by the fact that it mentions the BRP card will arrive) and the docs returned are the ones I had submitted with ILR application but will hold my full blown celebrations until I have the card in my hand.

For those who don't know I varied my tier 1 ent extension to ILR by hand on 19th Jan at Croydon. I had applied for tier 1 ent extension in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28th Nov.

Interestingly none of the ent extension docs, fees or NHS fees have been returned/refunded yet and I have told my lawyer to put in an application for return of docs along with the fees.

Finally, a sincere thank you to all those who contribute to the forum and from those who I have seeked knowledge and information.

Just a quick question from the admins; The letter has the case ref of my ILR application (can see the same number on the letter I got at Croydon so is there any reason for me to doubt that its not the ILR that has been approved but the Tier 1 Entreprenuer?). I might actually sound stupid asking that

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm

I am still waiting have you got any update?

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm
Hi Everyone,

A great piece of good news just came in literally 10 mins ago from my solicitor who has received the letter from home office along with the documents that I supplied with my ILR application. The letter says bio metric card will arrive in 7 working days. This confirms the ILR has been approved.

However, the letter is very confusingly written as it does NOT mention anywhere that the application as been approved however, has the ILR application reference at the top and goes on to say that the BRP card will arrive in 7 days.

Interestingly they have returned all the documents (including my driving licence as it was kept by Home Office) and the BRP guy tried to deliver the card but the lawyer was unable to collect it.

I am happy that the application has been approved (going by the fact that it mentions the BRP card will arrive) and the docs returned are the ones I had submitted with ILR application but will hold my full blown celebrations until I have the card in my hand.

For those who don't know I varied my tier 1 ent extension to ILR by hand on 19th Jan at Croydon. I had applied for tier 1 ent extension in April 2017 and was interviewed by Home office on 28th Nov.

Interestingly none of the ent extension docs, fees or NHS fees have been returned/refunded yet and I have told my lawyer to put in an application for return of docs along with the fees.

Finally, a sincere thank you to all those who contribute to the forum and from those who I have seeked knowledge and information.

Just a quick question from the admins; The letter has the case ref of my ILR application (can see the same number on the letter I got at Croydon so is there any reason for me to doubt that its not the ILR that has been approved but the Tier 1 Entreprenuer?). I might actually sound stupid asking that

Any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Dear Acc25tax,
You need to call home office telephone 0300 1232241 same as mentioned on your letter and give your case reference no and ask decision also explain them received confused letter want to know is it current case decision or old one.
In point of view this is your current case congratulations from me.
Thanks for updating.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Moonpk786

The BRP is being couriered today and i am keeping my fingers crossed but I am pretty condifent its ILR as the documents they have sent back are the documents I submitted with ILR application (just the basic requirements and additionally they kept my licence). Secondly the reference numbers are the same on the ILR further checks letter etc

Further to that I have just noted that towards the end of the letter there is a sentence that mentions about the application for spouse/settlement etc. Honestly, I have no clue about that because I don't have a spouse and my application was just for myself. But again I guess that is reassuring that its the ILR that has been approved.

There is however, no news on the documents for my TIE ext documents and for that I will contact them.

I will keep you posted hopefully in a couple of hours about what it is!

Any questions anyone has please feel free to ask.

Best wishes to all

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Its confirmed!
BRP received!

It is ILR!!!

As expected until 2024 (the change in bio metric data etc etc)
But yes thank God it is ILR. For those who don't know what I am on about please read above as from the letter I was not able to gather 100% that the ILR application has been approved.

Once again a huge thank you to everyone for the information they provide and the help I have gained from these forums.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards,

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm
Hi Everyone,

Its confirmed!
BRP received!

It is ILR!!!

As expected until 2024 (the change in bio metric data etc etc)
But yes thank God it is ILR. For those who don't know what I am on about please read above as from the letter I was not able to gather 100% that the ILR application has been approved.

Once again a huge thank you to everyone for the information they provide and the help I have gained from these forums.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards,
Congratulations 🎊

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks Devin

What a relief this one. Now the tug of war for the entrepreneur documents + passports and the money they owe me for fees and IHS!!!

The only thing is that I have just realised that since April 2017 when I paid the fees and surcharge to them the card has been expired and now I have a new card so they wouldn't be able to credit it automatically anyways.

Have you seen the money flow through into your bank account by any chance?

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:29 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 pm
Thanks Devin

What a relief this one. Now the tug of war for the entrepreneur documents + passports and the money they owe me for fees and IHS!!!

The only thing is that I have just realised that since April 2017 when I paid the fees and surcharge to them the card has been expired and now I have a new card so they wouldn't be able to credit it automatically anyways.

Have you seen the money flow through into your bank account by any chance?
I have not received my refund yet. I have sent them an email today on Public Enquiries email address. Hopefully shouldn't be too long.

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Moonpk786 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm
No nothing yet
Thanks

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Hope for the best. But I am really frustrated.

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Welldone890 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm
Moonpk786 wrote:
No nothing yet
Thanks
Hi Welldone890, Any update??

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Moonpk786 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm
Welldone890 wrote:
Moonpk786 wrote:
No nothing yet
Thanks
Nothing

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Welldone890 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 pm
Moonpk786 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:46 pm
Welldone890 wrote:
Moonpk786 wrote:
No nothing yet
Thanks
Nothing
Hello

Little update, Received that usual HO survey email, not sure it is just a formal email or decision has been made. Last time i received the same email but it was a month after my visa stamp date so dont know what happened, Will update if there is anything further.
Thanks

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am

Same email I received yesterday, and same email received last time after 1 month when my visa done.
Anyways, I called UKVI inquiry yesterday they said it's not 4 weeks yet. After 4 weeks we can accelerate your case call us back after 4 weeks and I said I received email from UKVI for feed back of your Visa Application. He replied me we don't have any link with that e-mail. Even still I am waiting for the postman may be he bring some news.

Moonpk786
Newly Registered

Post by Moonpk786 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks to Allah today I received my case back with letter confirmation of ILR hopefully will receive my card next week. Thanks to everyone.

Welldone890
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Welldone890 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:00 am

Moonpk786 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 pm
Thanks to Allah today I received my case back with letter confirmation of ILR hopefully will receive my card next week. Thanks to everyone.
ALHAMDULILLAH yar goodnews congratulations
And good luck for a life ahead
Thanks for the update