ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmali

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by mmali » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:55 am
mmali wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:17 pm
Hi,
Today I got a notification this morning regarding a member on December 2017 Naturalisation Timeline that a member name (ariskar) got approval and he/She used online application system too. But later on I logged in into my account to see the details .That member has disappeared.
Has anyone noticed that and why it is deleted ?May be the moderators will have a clue ,if it is deleted or censored.
No one has posted in the December timeline thread since 18th January. If a member has deleted his post immediately after posting, there is nothing we can do.
Many Thanks CR001 for clarification.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Hi everyone. I have applied for British citizenship on 27th of April 2017 but I still haven't received my decision yet. After 6 months home office send me a letter saying they need more time to make a decision on my application. Now is been 9 months but still nothing received from home office. I contacted my local mp they say to him same thing.if some one can help I would be appreciate . Thanks
I suggest you do a subject access request (SAR) immediately. That might throw some light on the mystery. Good luck

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Seph27 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Kurabor wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm
Hi everyone. I have applied for British citizenship on 27th of April 2017 but I still haven't received my decision yet. After 6 months home office send me a letter saying they need more time to make a decision on my application. Now is been 9 months but still nothing received from home office. I contacted my local mp they say to him same thing.if some one can help I would be appreciate . Thanks
I suggest you do a subject access request (SAR) immediately. That might throw some light on the mystery. Good luck
Thank you very much for your suggestion. Is there any success after that . Many Thanks mate

Granada
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by Granada » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:54 pm

I am a refugee, married to a British citizen and expecting my ILR in the coming few weeks. I am planning to apply to naturalise as soon as I receive my ILR, however, I will not have a valid travel document or passport at that point because I can only apply for one after I receive my ILR. Can I apply to naturalise if I do not have a valid passport or travel document? I will have a BRP, my expired travel document and the driver's licence that I used to sit my "life in the UK" test. thanks

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an EU national with over 10 years residency in the UK. I have applied for citizenship by post on 14/08/17. I received the letter the confirmation letter from the HO on 21/08/17 with Biometrics request, which I did the next day. The money was taken from my account a few days after that.

With no criminal record and a well-paid job, I thought my application was quite straightforward.As I am approaching the 6-month deadline, should I be concerned that there is something wrong?

Thanks for the feedback

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Samr33 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:18 pm
Hi everyone,

I am an EU national with over 10 years residency in the UK. I have applied for citizenship by post on 14/08/17. I received the letter the confirmation letter from the HO on 21/08/17 with Biometrics request, which I did the next day. The money was taken from my account a few days after that.

With no criminal record and a well-paid job, I thought my application was quite straightforward.As I am approaching the 6-month deadline, should I be concerned that there is something wrong?

Thanks for the feedback
Approvals of August applications are still being reported on the timeline thread. It's not uncommon that straightforward applications take longer than expected. You can of course start chasing up progress. Hope your approval will be with you soon.
british-citizenship/august-2017-natural ... l#p1590199
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

liviu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by liviu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

Hi guys,
Do you know for the biometric enrolment when are the 15 days starting?
I applied through NCS on 12.01.18, received processing starting email with case ID on the 22.01.18 but no letter so far. I have seen on this forum that usually the letter comes after 3 days after the payment is taken.
I have 10 days now after the payment was taken and no letter so far.
Are those 15 days after the payment is taken?

bd12345
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by bd12345 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello All,

I need a bit of help from you all who had the same situation I have before applying for Naturalization.

So, I have single non-custodial sentence (AC50) at 30/09/2015 from the court which is showing in my Basic Disclosure (criminal record). I have no other offences (no offence in last 12 months).

My question is - Is there anyone who applied under 'Exceptional grants under section 10(b) of chapter 18 Annex D' and granted citizenships recently?

Thank you in advance.

mmali

Post by mmali » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm

liviu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am
Hi guys,
I applied through NCS on 12.01.18, received processing starting email with case ID on the 22.01.18 but no letter so far. I have seen on this forum that usually the letter comes after 3 days after the payment is taken.
I applied on 13-12-2017 and received the Biometric invitation letter on 08-01-2018.The letter was dated 19-
12-2017.My solicitor said it is valide for 15 working days from the date of the letter.
My advice is be patient and wait, sometimes it take longer like mine.But will come.
If not call the HO they will tell you what to do?
Hope this help.

liviu
Newly Registered
Mood:
Romania

Post by liviu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 pm

mmali wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm
liviu wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am
Hi guys,
I applied on 13-12-2017 and received the Biometric invitation letter on 08-01-2018.The letter was dated 19-
12-2017.My solicitor said it is valide for 15 working days from the date of the letter.
My advice is be patient and wait, sometimes it take longer like mine.But will come.
If not call the HO they will tell you what to do?
Hope this help.

Thank you for your reply.
I only got this fax number:01512132974 and this email nationalityenquiries(at)homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
No phone number
I email-ed them after 8 days I received the e-mail but I doubt they gonna respond.
Do you manage to speak with them on the phone?
And what did you do that you didn't receive it on 15 days? Did you wait for the second letter or you did the biometric anyway?
Thanks

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:21 pm

It looks like online applications get a response in a month while applications via NCS keep on taking months... and now without online tracking. This is so unfair :(

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 pm

I agree that online application seem to be processed a lot quicker than NCS. It’s so frustrating

Brand

Post by Brand » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick question. My professional referee (who is British) has now started a job in an EU country so he does not now live in the UK. This change happened a month and half after I submitted my application (November). My application is still under consideration so do I have to inform them about this change in the address of one of my referees?

Thanks

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:19 am

Hi everyone
Just a quick question
I applied on 25 September 2017
On the 31 February 2018 I received a letter from HO

I refer to your application for naturalisation as British citizen.
We note that there are discrepancies between the application form and the document provider by you in respect of your personal detail
On the application your surname look the way you stole us but in your passport showing as your middle name as your surname.
It’s important to us that we get the detail on your citizen certificate correct.unless you can provide documentary evidence to the contrary by the 11/02/2018 we will be printing your certificate in the detail as above and will not subsequently amend those detail. As you have applied for a British passport at the same time as applying for naturalisation, your British passport will also be issued as per the detail given above.

On the same day I sent my payslip, certificate from college, bank statement and nhs card just to show the how my name written.
Please guys just want make sure if they will not be a problem with the mistake of my surname and middle name.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by smallpie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:45 am

@ nobu
Did u notice your details are written differently in your application and on your passport?
As you wrote: they mentioned your surname is written as your middle name on your passport right?

Or could it be it was you made the mistake during the filling of the application form?

It would be advisable you write them and notify them the correct order you know it should be, if possible attach some additional docs to show how your name has been arranged.

Any postage, pls remember to use next day delivery signed for.

Your application seem to be approved, just the question of writing correct name on certificate and passport, I guess.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

nobu3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by nobu3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 am

smallpie wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:45 am
@ nobu
Did u notice your details are written differently in your application and on your passport?
As you wrote: they mentioned your surname is written as your middle name on your passport right?

Or could it be it was you made the mistake during the filling of the application form?

It would be advisable you write them and notify them the correct order you know it should be, if possible attach some additional docs to show how your name has been arranged.

Any postage, pls remember to use next day delivery signed for.

Your application seem to be approved, just the question of writing correct name on certificate and passport, I guess.
@smallpie

Thanks so much for the reply
For me I saw no different the same names are in my passport. It’s the same in my application form
The only issue I can see on it on the form my surname mentions correct and in my passport is my middle as my surname and my surname as my middle just wish if they can go ahead approved so tired of waiting.

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm

I sent an email to the enquiry email to clarify about my absences as I listed 5 years rather than 3 - applying as married to BC and the 5 years to the date of my application i was out of the country and this is the reply I got 7 days later.

Dear Madam

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your application has been considered under section 6(2) based on marriage to a British citizen.

We have recently written to you about your application. We trust that you are now in receipt of our correspondence.

If you have not received any correspondence within the next 7-10 days please contact our office.

Has anyone received such email and does it mean anything?

mmali

Post by mmali » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:54 pm

skittles wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:00 pm
I sent an email to the enquiry email to clarify about my absences as I listed 5 years rather than 3 - applying as married to BC and the 5 years to the date of my application i was out of the country and this is the reply I got 7 days later.

Dear Madam

Your application has been considered under section 6(2) based on marriage to a British citizen.

We have recently written to you about your application. We trust that you are now in receipt of our correspondence.

If you have not received any correspondence within the next 7-10 days please contact our office.

I think this is just an update on your application.
I Applied as married to British citizen and provided the five years employment history all bills but I have only have 26 days absence .I think you should stay positive you may have a good news .I applied on 13/12/2017 and done Biometric on 08/01/2018.Waiting for decision.
I will be over the moon if the HO make a decision with four months.

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:53 pm

mmali wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:54 pm
skittles wrote:

Dear Madam

I think this is just an update on your application.
I Applied as married to British citizen and provided the five years employment history all bills but I have only have 26 days absence .I think you should stay positive you may have a good news .I applied on 13/12/2017 and done Biometric on 08/01/2018.Waiting for decision.
I will be over the moon if the HO make a decision with four months.
You and me both. Thanks

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm

skittles wrote:

Dear Madam

It sounds like you got your approval :) Keep checking the mailbox for the letter :)

praveenk
Newly Registered

Post by praveenk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello

which email id are you guys using to enquiry, i did sent email to citizinship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

its been 1 week but no reply, is there any other email id to enquiry?

i applied in oct 2017

October9
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by October9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 pm

praveenk wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 pm
Hello

which email id are you guys using to enquiry, i did sent email to citizinship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

i applied in oct 2017
Same situation here. Applied in October and no news so far! I sent an email to the same one as you did last week, but no response, yet. You may try the following ones as well, but I have not tried them myself:

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

skittles
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by skittles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:15 pm

praveenk wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 pm
Hello

i applied in oct 2017
First of all they don’t reply to any application status emails unless it’s been over 6 months. I emailed them using the FurtherNationalityenquiries email to clarify some information I felt I had omitted. And they took about 7 days to reply

praveenk
Newly Registered

Post by praveenk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks guys

need to wait and wait more 2 months to get reply at least by email :|

TheoWal
Newly Registered

Post by TheoWal » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi,

When applying for naturalisation, would it be wise to apply for a British Passport at the same time separately?

Thanks