ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing non-married partner to France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FreddoBee
Newly Registered
Australia

Bringing non-married partner to France

Post by FreddoBee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm dual nationality British/Australian and have been living in Philippines for more than 2 years. I am retired on an Australian pension plus income from an online business.

I wanted to return to U.K. to live near my siblings and take my Filipino partner. We are unmarried but have been together for more than 2 years, She is separated from her 1st husband and has been for 6 years, but there is no divorce in the Philippines, just annulment, which is very expensive, can take years and is rarely successful.

I've been advised that we would not be approved for U.K. residency as a couple because of her existing married state, although separated and although we can meet the financial threshold.

So, I've been considering France, for a number of reasons, one of which my brother owns a cottage there that we could rent, I love France and I speak French.

I know that I can reside in France indefinitely, but need to know if it's possible that my partner would be allowed to join me? Does France consider non-married partnerships for residence there?

Thanks for any assistance.

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Re: Bringing non-married partner to France

Post by flyboy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:11 am

http://accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/demand ... -avec-un-e

Towards the end of that link.

Pour les partenaires et concubins (partenariat : au moins 1 an ; concubinage : au moins 5 ans) : justificatifs établissant la vie commune : relevés bancaires, documents fiscaux, certificat d’assurance, attestation d’emprunt commun…