ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

challenge
Mood:
India

Accommodation

Post by challenge » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi All,

I am on Indefinite leave in UK for over a year. I got married 2 months back and now in process of sponsoring my wife to UK.

I have a query regarding Accommodation Requirement. Currently I am living in a shared house but once my spouse is here I plan to move in a separate flat.

I was under impression that it is possible to get POST DATED tenancy agreement and include it in the application as prospective accommodation instead of moving at the present time and end up paying several months of rent which will be £1000s' (currently as we can read on this forum itself there is massive delay in spouse visa processing).

But when i contacted estate agent he said they can only provide a confirmation letter and not Post Dated Tenancy agreement.

My question to Senior members and moderators
1) Is prospective accommodation accepted by HO.
2) If yes, then will this letter from estate agent be acceptable as proof of prospective accommodation.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:36 pm

If in your existing shared house there is 1 bedroom available and there is no overcrowding then you can use that accomodation for visa then move into independent flat.
Regarding prospective accomodation then it should be fine as long as the estate agent/landlord confirming it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

Thank you Seagul for your reply.

Regarding my existing shared house its 4 bedroom house with 2 WC/bathrooms and 5 occupants.

Is a letter clarifying this from landlord enough or do i need Property inspection report.

If Property inspection report is needed who should i approach for report local council or estate agents ???

Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:00 am

Has the landlord registered the property with the Local Authority as a HMO (Housing in Multiple Occupancy). :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 am

You will need a property inspection report and a letter from landlord.

Estate agents can do it and they charge for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 am

@casa
Yes he has registered the property as HMO and they did come last year for checks (fire extinguishers, smoke alarms etc).
thank you

@CR001
thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 pm

challenge wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

Regarding my existing shared house its 4 bedroom house with 2 WC/bathrooms and 5 occupants.

Is a letter clarifying this from landlord enough or do i need Property inspection report.

If Property inspection report is needed who should i approach for report local council or estate agents ???

Thank you
Then it seems appropriate for visa process, just gets estate agent/landlord no objection letter, property inspection report. Regarding HMO it usually need when 5 unrelated people forming more than 2 household/families and the property is at least 3 storeys high. Few councils have made it manadatory while few not.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:47 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:09 pm
challenge wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

Thank you
Then it seems appropriate for visa process, just gets estate agent/landlord no objection letter, property inspection report. Regarding HMO it usually need when 5 unrelated people forming more than 2 household/families and the property is at least 3 storeys high. Few councils have made it manadatory while few not.
The OP has already confirmed that the landlord has registered the property as a HMO. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Thank you all of you for your replies, will discuss this accommodation issue with landlord and go with the appropriate one. Unfortunately, now i am facing another problem. I am not sure if I should start another thread for this one as its not related to accommodation, also not sure if this has been discussed previously. Its bit complicated so please bear with me.

My spouse's name on her current passport is: AAAA Haji BBBB CCCC
where AAAA: first name, BBBB=fathers name (haji is a title used for anyone who has performed haj pilgrimage) and CCCC= surname/family name.

On her degrees/Marksheet her name is : CCCC AAAA BBBB DDDD
where DDDD= grandfathers name

grandfathers name was included in school days and then it was carried forward through masters, its a common practice in villages.
I was worried about this so i got Notarised One and same person Affidavit. Just to make sure I was correct with paper work I met my solicitor and he told me that Notarised affidavit wont be accepted as anyone can make it without verification, which does make sense.
He told me to get written confirmation from University Head of department that they have verified with passport and the person mentioned in degree is same person as in passport.

It will be helpful if senior members/moderators and anyone who knows or has gone through something similar can share their experience.

On second thought should i just tell her to go for IELTS that will completely remove degree aspect from application process.

thank you.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Also for IELTS is it A1 or A2??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm

A1 for applications outside the UK.

A2 for extension applictions inside the UK
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 pm

challenge wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm
Thank you all of you for your replies, will discuss this accommodation issue with landlord and go with the appropriate one. Unfortunately, now i am facing another problem. I am not sure if I should start another thread for this one as its not related to accommodation, also not sure if this has been discussed previously. Its bit complicated so please bear with me.

My spouse's name on her current passport is: AAAA Haji BBBB CCCC
where AAAA: first name, BBBB=fathers name (haji is a title used for anyone who has performed haj pilgrimage) and CCCC= surname/family name.

On her degrees/Marksheet her name is : CCCC AAAA BBBB DDDD
where DDDD= grandfathers name

grandfathers name was included in school days and then it was carried forward through masters, its a common practice in villages.
I was worried about this so i got Notarised One and same person Affidavit. Just to make sure I was correct with paper work I met my solicitor and he told me that Notarised affidavit wont be accepted as anyone can make it without verification, which does make sense.
He told me to get written confirmation from University Head of department that they have verified with passport and the person mentioned in degree is same person as in passport.

It will be helpful if senior members/moderators and anyone who knows or has gone through something similar can share their experience.

On second thought should i just tell her to go for IELTS that will completely remove degree aspect from application process.

thank you.
I don't think school certificates will be needed. Just make sure that all important documents such as marriage certificate, tb test, English test, ticket etc. matches with passport.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 pm

@seagull

certificates will need to be submitted as was planning to submit Naric along with originals for english test exemption.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 pm

challenge wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:59 pm

thank you.

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:53 am

Good Morning,

Finally I have got all paper work arranged and about to apply online. Below is the list of docs i will be submitting. Seniors/moderators please advice if anything is missing.

COVER LETTER ( most probably will just make an Index of contents)

Printed signed copies of online Application form and Appendix 2

English language evidence---A1 IELTS Life skills certificate

RELATIONSHIP DOCS
Wedding cards *2
Wedding pics *15-20
Marriage certificate*1, Marriage registration--1-gujarati( regional language) and 1-english.
Email print outs
Whatsapp chat and call log printout
Western union/money transfer - - - 2 receipts (got married in July and traveled back to UK in sept so 2 monthly transfers)

FINANCIAL REQ/MAINTENANCE
UnAudited accounts & Accountant letter
Tax paid hmrc receipt (bnk stmnt entry as well)
Self assessment tax calculation
All pages of hmrc online submission (do i need to submit these????)
SA302 and SA overview
Invoices--27 in all, my visiting card and leaflets
Bank statements 1 Sept16 to 30 April 2017 (started self employment in Sept 2016)

CONTINUED SELF EMPLOYMENT
Current bank statements and invoices--Atleast last 3 months.

ACCOMMODATION DOCS
Property inspection report *1
Tenancy agreement *1
Landlord NOC*1

Wife's pport xerox--1 previous passport and 1 current
Tb test certi & x-ray
Certified copies of sponsors pport(entry n exit stamps) & ILR brp
Wifes pport pics *2

Thank you

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:16 am

Country applying from: VFS India Mumbai
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement
Priority/Non-Priority: Non-Priority
Online Application Completed: 5 November 2017
Date biometrics taken: 14 November 2017
Date documents forward to UKVI Sheffield: 15 November 2017
Date documentation was received by UKVI: 16 November 2017
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): No
Email confirmation of online application received at UK Decision Making Centre: 15 November 2017
Email confirmation of supporting documents received in Sheffield: No
Supporting Documents Returned: 24 November 2017
Decision made text: 08 February 2018
Decision made email: 08 February 2018
Passport collected today.
Visa has been granted : 13/2/18 to 15/3/18

Thank you all for your help and guidance

58 working days from biometric taken to passport receipt.

I am Self-Employed with self-employment started mid year around September 2015 but managed to cross £19000.

Its always good to go through this process yourself without solicitors untill and unless your case is complicated and take help from experienced members on forums like this one. Best of luck to all those who are still waiting.