ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hassan7861

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Hassan7861 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 pm

aks0306 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm
nomanwahab wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi aks0306
Contact with you local Mp. If you have solicitor ask him to send letter to home office .
Hi
Thank you however Mp said I have to wait till April as my new application is still in service standards and my solicitor wrote a letter but still no reply it’s been almost 10 days now.
Is there any other option as premium service I have been emailing but no luck.

Aks0306
There is an option to upgrade ur application to premium service while its still with home office

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 am

aks0306 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm
Hi Guys

Need some help.
I am writing in regards of my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK visa application. I made an application on 20/04/2016. I went for my biometric test in May 2016.
I had my interview In February 2017.
It’s been more than one and half year since my application without any response.

So after waiting for that long I thought it would be easier as it’s been 10 Yrs legally for me in this country back in September 2017, I varied my application and applied through Long residence visa last year Oct 2017 thinking I might get a quicker decision as I have waited for almost 2 yrs now.

I have also been trying the premium service option since December but had no luck.

A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans and job prospects. The length of time its taking making it difficult for me to apply for other job opportunities as the employers require my passport for identification proof. I am also not able to travel abroad to visit my family specially my father who is not keeping too well. Requesting the return of my passport in emergency can lead to my application being ‘withdrawn’. I really feel that this has restricted my freedom of movement for an unacceptable length of time.

Please can someone advice what can i do other than waiting or i have any other option i can approach home office to get response.

I dont have any tax issues and paid all taxes as well.

Any helpful suggestion please?

A
https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

aks0306
Newly Registered
India

Post by aks0306 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Hassan7861 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 am
aks0306 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm
Hi Guys

Need some help.
I am writing in regards of my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK visa application. I made an application on 20/04/2016. I went for my biometric test in May 2016.
I had my interview In February 2017.
It’s been more than one and half year since my application without any response.

So after waiting for that long I thought it would be easier as it’s been 10 Yrs legally for me in this country back in September 2017, I varied my application and applied through Long residence visa last year Oct 2017 thinking I might get a quicker decision as I have waited for almost 2 yrs now.

I have also been trying the premium service option since December but had no luck.

A delay in making a decision is affecting my private and professional life, both in terms of my travel plans and job prospects. The length of time its taking making it difficult for me to apply for other job opportunities as the employers require my passport for identification proof. I am also not able to travel abroad to visit my family specially my father who is not keeping too well. Requesting the return of my passport in emergency can lead to my application being ‘withdrawn’. I really feel that this has restricted my freedom of movement for an unacceptable length of time.

Please can someone advice what can i do other than waiting or i have any other option i can approach home office to get response.

I dont have any tax issues and paid all taxes as well.

Any helpful suggestion please?

A
https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

Hi

Thank you but I have been trying since December but having no luck.i send email arounf 8 in the morning.

Regards
A

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:21 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:59 am
wahabishtiaq wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a long story for my ILR but to cut it a short recent application for JR had been requested by HO to review their decision before the matter was gone to oral hearing. Now they have requested 3 months of time and agreed to cover the reasonable cost incurred during this process.

Is it a good news? and what is the end result in these cases? My previous ILR was refused on 322 alleged deception for under-declaring the income to HO in 2011 and over declaring in HMRC which resulted in an underpayment of tax. In PAP they removed the deception but kept the decision as a refusal. JR has filed only 25 days ago and HO has requested to reconsider decision and asked for consent to my brilliant solicitor!

Please comment and advise.

Many Thanks
Home office take deception very seriously. U still have long way to go even if they grant u leave to remain they will not give u ilr they might give u limited leave ti remain and put u on 10 years route again or they might refuse u again it all depend on the case worker. I dont think so any one here will be abke to advice on this u are totally on home office discreation.
Thanks, Hassan, Appreciate your advice. I think you misunderstood the above statement. It was alleged of deception by home office poor case worker application of policy. The case was challenged based on incorrect application of law i.e equality act 2010. Its their stubborn attitude that they don't accept challenges until it's taken to the tribunal where they have financial applications. As far as 10 yr route is concerned I believe that HO does have a restriction to full fil lawful residence otherwise that against HRA.
What I seek was to see if anyone had a similar situation with decision review could be able to reflect on my situation.
I agree its discretion of HO, however, failed to give a decision based on applicant case or giving irrelevant decision not related to original file can be again challenged in Tribunal through JR.

learner29

Post by learner29 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:21 am

To all those desperately waiting for a decision on their applications, the best way is to contact Uk visa and immigration by phone on 0300 123 2241 . I contacted them last week on the phone and received an email from them the next day about the decision. I was then given the Royal mail tracking number too.

Last time about 3 months ago when I contacted them by phone, I received an email that your case is in process.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Few queries:

1. I am eligible for 10 years in July 2018 but visa expires in March 2018. If I apply by post will it take about 6 months and be considered for ILR?
2. I have a gap of 50 days between expiry of last visa and issuance of the new visa from India. Will this be a problem for the 10 year route?

halah94
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by halah94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 am

I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years lawful residency. I was a dependent under my dads work visa from 2003-2013 (primary school, secondary school) and then parents retired and I returned home and applied for tier 4 and came back to the uk within 3 months and was on a student visa for 4 years. I was not able to apply whilst my tier 4 was valid as I had missing documents such as my degree certificate and transcript, and my passport was expiring. so i returned home renewed my passport and applied for a visit visa and then applied. here is my timeline below:

Application sent via post: 22nd December 2017
application received and email of acknowledgement sent: January 9th 2018
Biometrics done: 26th January 2018
Decision: pending...

I told my lawyer due to my visit visa restrictions I am only able to be in the UK for six months at a time, and he told me if I had any emergency travel plans he can contact them to request my passport. but I read from previous threads that some people have had their application terminated due to requesting their passport back, so that's leaving me in a slight panic. also, my funds are limited and I am not able to work and earn so I'm really hoping that this comes through within the next few months. it's only been under two months and I have until may the 2nd until I need to leave the country so that I don't break my visa restrictions.

pray for me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:51 am

halah94 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 am
I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years lawful residency. I was a dependent under my dads work visa from 2003-2013 (primary school, secondary school) and then parents retired and I returned home and applied for tier 4 and came back to the uk within 3 months and was on a student visa for 4 years. I was not able to apply whilst my tier 4 was valid as I had missing documents such as my degree certificate and transcript, and my passport was expiring. so i returned home renewed my passport and applied for a visit visa and then applied. here is my timeline below:

Application sent via post: 22nd December 2017
application received and email of acknowledgement sent: January 9th 2018
Biometrics done: 26th January 2018
Decision: pending...

I told my lawyer due to my visit visa restrictions I am only able to be in the UK for six months at a time, and he told me if I had any emergency travel plans he can contact them to request my passport. but I read from previous threads that some people have had their application terminated due to requesting their passport back, so that's leaving me in a slight panic. also, my funds are limited and I am not able to work and earn so I'm really hoping that this comes through within the next few months. it's only been under two months and I have until may the 2nd until I need to leave the country so that I don't break my visa restrictions.

pray for me
Did you return home before your Tier 4 visa expired??

Why did you not apply for ILR in person for a same day decision rather than posting it??

If you leave the UK, your application will likely be withdrawn as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for ILR by post. I have heard it takes at least 6 months for the application to get processed. Is this true? Can you share your experience?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:25 am

mansoorb wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:30 pm
Hi All,

I have applied for ILR by post. I have heard it takes at least 6 months for the application to get processed. Is this true? Can you share your experience?
Yes, it can take UP TO 6 months and sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMohsin12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MMohsin12 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Just want to share our timeline as it might help others.

Set LR applied via post > 10th Oct 2017
Application received by home office next day
Payment taken > 16th Oct 2017
Biometrics submitted few weeks later
Documents received with ILR letter > 21st Feb 2018
BRP will arrive in next 7 days
Total about 134 days from start to finish.

Standard application no gaps in visas. Straight forward application with all documents requested in the form.
Documents were delivered via royal mail signed delivery.

Wish you all the best.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks. This helps. I am awaiting my Biometric confirmation. After I apply for Biometrics, how much waiting time I should expect?

Also, if I have finished 9 years and 11 months, does it mean I qualify for Long Term ILR or do I need to complete exact 10 years?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 am

mansoorb wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm
Thanks. This helps. I am awaiting my Biometric confirmation. After I apply for Biometrics, how much waiting time I should expect?

Also, if I have finished 9 years and 11 months, does it mean I qualify for Long Term ILR or do I need to complete exact 10 years?
U can apply 28 days before completing 10 years . Give or take u qualify for ilr lr

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:16 am

Thanks. But usually it takes at least 3 months for processing, isn't it. How long it took for you?

kalyan.mahendra
Newly Registered

Post by kalyan.mahendra » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi There,

I would like to discuss my case here and would like to know whether I am eligible to take ILR in 10years route. Here is my case below:

I have entered into UK under Tier 2 ICT VISA on 23 May 2010 and my VISA was applied post 06th Apr 2010 so I was not eligible for ILR with 5 years route. As of today I am out of UK for 753 days with different trips. In this 753 days out of UK for 291days I was out due to my medical conditions in two trips which are not more than 180 days.

First Medical Trip was for 167 Days (18 Mar 2012 to 01 Sep 2012)
Second Medical Trip was for 124 Days (11 Nov 2012 to 15 Mar 2013)

Apart from this medical trip, I was out of UK on Official trip for more than 250 days with Full paid UK Salary and taxes were paid on those days.

Can you please help me in undestanding and suggest whether I am still eligible for applying ILR under 10years route. Appreciate your help.

Please note that there is no gap in Visa and continuously with Tier 2 ICT Visa.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:16 pm

Your talk on one exit should not exceed more than 180 days. In all the gap over the 10 years should not be more than 540 days. If there is a gap in Visa and if you provide a valid reason then it is fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 am

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:16 pm
Your talk on one exit should not exceed more than 180 days. In all the gap over the 10 years should not be more than 540 days. If there is a gap in Visa and if you provide a valid reason then it is fine.
Only if you LEFT the UK with a valid visa and applied for a new visa and returned within 180 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

Hi guys I have a question. Does visit visa count for ILR? Say someone came to the UK on a 1 year visit visa back in 12/02/2007, went back in 12/05/2007 while their visit visa was still valid and switched to student visa 3 months later and returned to the UK. They been on student visa until 2017 and wants to apply for ILR. They spent less than 6 months outside the UK in total of the whole time they been here. Has their continuous residence broken?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 am

mr_soloj wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am
Hi guys I have a question. Does visit visa count for ILR? Say someone came to the UK on a 1 year visit visa back in 12/02/2007, went back in 12/05/2007 while their visit visa was still valid and switched to student visa 3 months later and returned to the UK. They been on student visa until 2017 and wants to apply for ILR. They spent less than 6 months outside the UK in total of the whole time they been here. Has their continuous residence broken?
No u cannot count visit visa towards long residency.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:59 am

Hassan7861 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:24 am
mr_soloj wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am
No u cannot count visit visa towards long residency.
You are wrong. All visas count, including visitor visa, for long residency ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:52 am

Has their continuous residence been broken? please answer.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Guys,

I have applied for ILR by post on 15-Feb-2018. It is almost 22 days but I haven't received my Biometric appointment. HO have although taken the fees from my account.

Any thought why they are taking so long to issue me Biometrics letter? My visas expire on 14th March
Will it be an issue in terms of my stay and job if I do not receive my Biometrics letter by then?

Waitinglong
Newly Registered
India

Post by Waitinglong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 pm
Guys,

I have applied for ILR by post on 15-Feb-2018. It is almost 22 days but I haven't received my Biometric appointment. HO have although taken the fees from my account.

Any thought why they are taking so long to issue me Biometrics letter? My visas expire on 14th March
Will it be an issue in terms of my stay and job if I do not receive my Biometrics letter by then?
Since you applied in time, you will enjoy the same rights as you did on your last visa until you receive a decision.

kenrickng
Newly Registered

Post by kenrickng » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello everyone

Quick question:

I have been in the UK for 12 years continuously under Tier 4 and Tier 2 visas and am due to apply for ILR on 26 March 2018 via premium service.

Regarding the 540-day absence rule, can I clarify that can be calculated over any 10 year period (eg 2008-2018)? Ie can I calculate from 2008-2018, or must it be 2006-2016?

(Equally must it be exactly the 10 year period from the point of application, ie 26 March 2008 - 26 March 2018)

Many thanks
Kenrick

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Well as far as I know they are supposed to count the absense for the last 10 years. Anything before that shouldn't matter. If you lived 12 years legally don't worry about the first 2 years. Just think about the last 10 years.