ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (IED) Processing Times - An absolute JOKE !

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

very_frustrated
Newly Registered

FLR (IED) Processing Times - An absolute JOKE !

Post by very_frustrated » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:42 pm

I am one of those people waiting for my FLR to start work.

The processing time published at the home office website illustrates very well the stupidity of the whole system:

On 29 October, working on applications received on 18 Aug
On 8 November, working on applications received on 19 Aug

After a period of 10 days, they have only managed to progress the applications by a single day.

Does anybody know if we can claim compensations for loss of income due to this delay?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:24 am

Are yu aware of the Interim changes to rules on working if working for FLR. depending on your current status you may be allowed to work while awaiting your FLR

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:40 am

Go on claim compensation.

I can promise you one thing - you won't see a penny but you will be booted out of the UK.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

vanity
Newly Registered

Post by vanity » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:01 pm

Why will anyone be booted out of the UK for simply expressing incompetency in such serious matters? I totally disagree with TVT.

The whole FLR(IED) procedure is wholly incompetent and just because the number of such WP-Visa holders is fairly low, its not a concern for most people.

We are all tax-payers and live in a democracy. Everyone is allowed to freely express themelves. No one dare boot anyone out just because someone has the strength to point out something thats incorrect.

I'm one of those people like very_frustrated waiting or my FLR. And I know how it feels. Dont worry very_frustrated no onez gona boot you out.

Consult an attorney and see what action you can take. You have all the rights to do so.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:20 pm

There is no problem in expressing displeasure over the delays in processing FLR and calling the whole process and every one involved as incompetent. How ever what very_frustrated is talking about is legal action against precieved incompetence and loss of earning as a result and thats a different ball game altogether. I am not sure of the recupersions of that (as to how or why you would get booted). Would be interesting to note if there has been any precedence of legal action. In all probablity there is no precedence

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:33 pm

It is an unnecesary risk, if you start legal procedures against the HO for loss of income there are two possible outcomes:
- they apologise and pay you the money
- they decide to "fight back" and use a microscope to check you, your application, your finances and every single detail they can........
Many of the UK laws allow the case workers to execute discretion, and maybe they could find something to deny the FLR, as I see it, FLR is not a "god given right".......they can deny it just by invoking some law or procedure....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:23 pm

vanity wrote:Why will anyone be booted out of the UK for simply expressing incompetency in such serious matters? I totally disagree with TVT.

We are all tax-payers and live in a democracy. Everyone is allowed to freely express themelves. No one dare boot anyone out just because someone has the strength to point out something thats incorrect.

I'm one of those people like very_frustrated waiting or my FLR. And I know how it feels. Dont worry very_frustrated no onez gona boot you out.

Consult an attorney and see what action you can take. You have all the rights to do so.

First of all dont take Mr TNAVON aka TVT seriously on this matter s/he was only joking :lol:

Secondly you CANNOT take legal action and succeed , whatever reason you may have. If you are an EEA national, however, then HO must determine your case within 6 months or else you have a right of compesation...

..however, if you are from Timbukutu or the sub-continent - no chjance of compesation....

Strangely EAA nationals cases do not involve FLR (IED) as they are covered by other laws..

In a nut shell, just put your feet up and enjoy the ride and start looking forward to Christmass :)
Where there is a will there is a way.

very_frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by very_frustrated » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:06 pm

My feeling is actually very much the same as checkmate's - that the chances of winning is virtually nil. In any case, I can't afford a lawyer at the moment. :D

Gonna be a bleak Xmass this year...................

very_frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by very_frustrated » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:04 pm

but that doesn't mean i will not contemplate taking action against them AFTER i get my FLR......

talktome

Post by talktome » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:01 pm

Well atleast they have recognised this a problem and
1. Are allowing people to take up employment while their FLR is getting processed
2. And coming up with another solution solution next yr.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:08 am

my question is on what grounds would you be claiming for compensation? do you have a contract with the HO? NO!. did the HO give you any guarantees about how long they will take to process your WP? NO!. Did the HO force you to change job and FLR? NO! its up to the individual to make career changes and the home office does provide indication as to as to how long your application process will last, so it is something that one should consider when making a switch of careers or swithc of visas. So do you stand any chance of compensations? NO!

jonbon

Post by jonbon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:19 am

you are absolutely right very_frustated..you should ask for compensation, though i doubt any outcome... afaik, u can work while u wait for your FLR...only problem is you can't go out of this country..which is very bad...i have now been waiting for 2 months ..and i think it will take further 2 months ... with Christmas on the corner..we can as well forget about them doing any work and applications progressing... :(..only thing that can be done by us lot.. is just WAIT.. :((

tvt

Post by tvt » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:30 am

It is almost impossible to sue the crown when acting within its prerogative. Only in limited circumstances can a litigant successfully sue the crown - Crown Proceedings Act 1947.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

very_frustrated
Newly Registered

Post by very_frustrated » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:29 pm

did the HO give you any guarantees about how long they will take to process your WP? NO

well, i spoke to them over the phone when i applied and they said it would take 6-8 weeks, so i made provisions for 8 weeks..... now that 11 weeks have passed and still no sign of my passport, surely they should take 'some' responsibility.....

vanity
Newly Registered

Post by vanity » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:48 pm

When I applied they said they will take 5 weeks. I am in the 12th running week! :lol:

Tom_2005
Newly Registered

FLR

Post by Tom_2005 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:11 am

any info on actual date FLR application processing now.I applied for FLR in Oct 1 2004, Not yet got it back frm HO. any one here more delayed than this..? If i have to ask them to treat it urgently what I have to do..? what i have to fax ? what reason have to tell? any contact details for this as numbers shown in HO web does not work..!

Andy
Newly Registered

Post by Andy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:09 pm

I sent my application 15/11/2004, then submitted an urgent treatment form 03/02/2005 due to family travel need but it did not help. After 13 weeks I am still waiting.