ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Stamp on the Passport - Help Proof of living

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mk819
Newly Registered

Help Plz - EEA Family member or Not?? on naturlization application

Post by mk819 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 am

Hi All,
Please if some one guide me here,
i was married to EEA till 2015 so i was a EEA family member , now i hold a PR card and filling up my naturlization form.there is a question i m not sure what to say. Can any one help plz.

Are you either:
    An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence
      A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card
      (Required)

Yes No

If yes then option to enter my PR card details , If NO then move on to next step, I am confuse here?

Thanks in advance

zubby007
      Member of Standing

Re: Help Plz - EEA Family member or Not?? on naturlization application

Post by zubby007 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 am

mk819 wrote:
      Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 am
      Hi All,
      i was married to EEA till 2015 so i was a EEA family member , now i hold a PR card and filling up my naturlization form.there is a question i m not sure what to say. Can any one help plz.

Are you either:
        An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence
          A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card
          (Required)

Yes No

If yes then option to enter my PR card details , If NO then move on to next step, I am confuse here?

Thanks in advance
          To my understanding it should be definitely An EEA family member as you were issued your PR through EEA route.

mk819
          Newly Registered

Re: Help Plz - EEA Family member or Not?? on naturlization application

Post by mk819 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

zubby007 wrote:
          Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 am
          mk819 wrote:
          Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:09 am
          Hi All,

Are you either:
            - An EEA national who has been issued with a document certifying permanent residence
              - A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card
              (Required)

Yes No

Thanks in advance
              To my understanding it should be definitely An EEA family member as you were issued your PR through EEA route.
              Thanks u very much Sir/madam

mk819
              Newly Registered

Help - When can i Apply for naturalization

Post by mk819 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi All,
              Just a bit confused, need some suggestions here plz .

PR received 02/02/18
              Demmed to acquire PR - 16-08-2016

Found below info on gov website, wondering if i can apply for BC now or should wait till next yr Feb 19 >?

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

Using your document to apply for citizenship
              You can only use your permanent residence document to apply for British citizenship after you’ve lived in the UK for 6 years.

That means you must wait another 12 months if you’ve only lived in the UK for 5 years when you get your document.

But you can apply immediately if:

you’ve already lived in the UK for 6 years when you get your document
                  your husband, wife or civil partner is a British citizen

Thanks all

mk819
                  Newly Registered

No Stamp on the Passport - Help Proof of living

Post by mk819 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi all,
                  I came to UK in 2010 with my EEA spouse and my passport never got stamped, now as i m filling my Naturalization form .On Below condition P60s for last 6 yrs can be used as a Proof of 6 yrs been in this country ? As a Proof of living ?

If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Many Thanks