ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 pm
Please advice me regarding the following.
I read that I have to provide documents proving my stay in UK for 5 years (required for EU nationals) It states bank statements and utility bills are not accepted as proof.
I dont have any govt documents except those from JSA when I was unemployed for 3 yrs, and P45/60 for my 2 years employment. What can I provide? You just declare the periods of unemployments as such and prove the employed periods as such. Employment is not a pre-requisite, and the documents from JSA should be sufficient for covering the unemployed period..
I believe I have to provide only for the last 5 years not 6. So its one year after I became eligible for PR is that correct? Correct, but you are proving 5 years going back from the date of the AN application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jamila1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jamila1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 pm

please any one give answer for this question

hi i have some question i am filling AN form and there is question
2.4 if you are eea nation or family member of eea national
( i was eea family member after PR card my divorced so what i write there i am still eea family member consider or what pleas advise )
i am non eea

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 pm
ajitk1 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 pm
Please advice me regarding the following.
I read that I have to provide documents proving my stay in UK for 5 years (required for EU nationals) It states bank statements and utility bills are not accepted as proof.
I dont have any govt documents except those from JSA when I was unemployed for 3 yrs, and P45/60 for my 2 years employment. What can I provide? You just declare the periods of unemployments as such and prove the employed periods as such. Employment is not a pre-requisite, and the documents from JSA should be sufficient for covering the unemployed period..
I believe I have to provide only for the last 5 years not 6. So its one year after I became eligible for PR is that correct? Correct, but you are proving 5 years going back from the date of the AN application.
Thanks for the help alterhasser!!!!

Whiplashette
Newly Registered

Post by Whiplashette » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am

Greetings,

I've a few question on which I'd appreciate some help, if possible.

(a) If you are a widow (and no other marriages), do you fill 1.32-1.37 (details of your partner), or 1.38-1.44 (previous marriage)?

(b) If you are a pensioner, do you answer "what's your occupation?" with "pensioner" or leave it blank?

(c) Is it appropriate to write UNKNOWN in lieu of dates where the dates are, indeed, unknown (in 1.27 and 1.31 on parents' D.O.B); and similarly, DD-MM-YYYY - PRESENT, when listing your current address in 1.17?

(d) Am I right in thinking that if 7.7 doesn't apply to you, you can leave it blank? (About discretion request for people who do not meet all statutory requirements).

With many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 am

Whiplashette wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am
Greetings,

(a) If you are a widow (and no other marriages), do you fill 1.32-1.37 (details of your partner), or 1.38-1.44 (previous marriage)? No.
Presumably you have ticked you are widowed on page 4?

(b) If you are a pensioner, do you answer "what's your occupation?" with "pensioner" or leave it blank? Writing pensioner is fine.

(c) Is it appropriate to write UNKNOWN in lieu of dates where the dates are, indeed, unknown (in 1.27 and 1.31 on parents' D.O.B); and similarly, DD-MM-YYYY - PRESENT, when listing your current address in 1.17? Fine for parents DOBs but addresses you should at least state mm/yyyy.

(d) Am I right in thinking that if 7.7 doesn't apply to you, you can leave it blank? (About discretion request for people who do not meet all statutory requirements). You need to cross it out by drawing a line through each line of the paragraph and DO NOT tick the box.

With many thanks.
Presumably you hold ILR or PR for at least 12 months?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Whiplashette
Newly Registered

Post by Whiplashette » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 am
Whiplashette wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 am
Greetings,

(a) If you are a widow (and no other marriages), do you fill 1.32-1.37 (details of your partner), or 1.38-1.44 (previous marriage)? No.
Presumably you have ticked you are widowed on page 4?

(b) If you are a pensioner, do you answer "what's your occupation?" with "pensioner" or leave it blank? Writing pensioner is fine.

(c) Is it appropriate to write UNKNOWN in lieu of dates where the dates are, indeed, unknown (in 1.27 and 1.31 on parents' D.O.B); and similarly, DD-MM-YYYY - PRESENT, when listing your current address in 1.17? Fine for parents DOBs but addresses you should at least state mm/yyyy.

(d) Am I right in thinking that if 7.7 doesn't apply to you, you can leave it blank? (About discretion request for people who do not meet all statutory requirements). You need to cross it out by drawing a line through each line of the paragraph and DO NOT tick the box.

With many thanks.
Presumably you hold ILR or PR for at least 12 months?
Thank you very much for your informative reply. I appreciate it.

Yes, I've held ILR for years now.

(a) Yes, I've ticked widowed on page 4. But don't I still have to fill one of 1.32-1.37 and 1.38-1.44?

(c) Well, the issue is it asks to list all my addresses, and for my current one I've to fill: From dd-mm-yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy. The from date is fine, but what would I enter for the to date, since I currently live there, and will continue to live there? I've already listed my current address on 1.16, but then in 1.17 it asks me to list my addresses for the past five years, so I assumed I've to list my current address again.

(d) Makes sense. This section explicitly says delete, but does it make sense to cross out or write N/A on other sections which do not apply to myself (e.g. the section on EEA/Swiss Nationals).

Many thanks, again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am

Whiplashette wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am

(a) Yes, I've ticked widowed on page 4. But don't I still have to fill one of 1.32-1.37 and 1.38-1.44? You don't have a partner now as you are widowed and presumably you are applying on the basis of 5 years residence, which is independent of any British spouse an applicant might have/had.
Won't be an issue if you include the detail.

(c) Well, the issue is it asks to list all my addresses, and for my current one I've to fill: From dd-mm-yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy. The from date is fine, but what would I enter for the to date, since I currently live there, and will continue to live there? I've already listed my current address on 1.16, but then in 1.17 it asks me to list my addresses for the past five years, so I assumed I've to list my current address again. Write 'present'.

(d) Makes sense. This section explicitly says delete, but does it make sense to cross out or write N/A on other sections which do not apply to myself (e.g. the section on EEA/Swiss Nationals). Sections not applicable to you simply leave blank.

Many thanks, again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Whiplashette
Newly Registered

Post by Whiplashette » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am
Whiplashette wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am

(a) Yes, I've ticked widowed on page 4. But don't I still have to fill one of 1.32-1.37 and 1.38-1.44? You don't have a partner now as you are widowed and presumably you are applying on the basis of 5 years residence, which is independent of any British spouse an applicant might have/had.
Won't be an issue if you include the detail.

(c) Well, the issue is it asks to list all my addresses, and for my current one I've to fill: From dd-mm-yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy. The from date is fine, but what would I enter for the to date, since I currently live there, and will continue to live there? I've already listed my current address on 1.16, but then in 1.17 it asks me to list my addresses for the past five years, so I assumed I've to list my current address again. Write 'present'.

(d) Makes sense. This section explicitly says delete, but does it make sense to cross out or write N/A on other sections which do not apply to myself (e.g. the section on EEA/Swiss Nationals). Sections not applicable to you simply leave blank.

Many thanks, again.
Thank you, once again.

(a) Sorry to trouble you so much, but when you say "won't be an issue if you include the detail", would this detail go in 1.38-1.44 (details of previous partner)? It may seem a strange question, but I've read on this website that windows are seen as having partner for purposes of naturalisation (meaning they are presumably supposed to fill 1.32-1.37). It perhaps may have been referring to applicants applying through marriage to a citizen, whereas as you rightly infer I'm applying on the basis of five year residence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm

Yes it is mostly for spouses applying on the basis of marriage to a British citizen and 3 years residence.

But if you do include the detail of your previous spouse, you could add information in the 'Additional Information' page with a brief note. It is unlikely to affect your application if you include the information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Please guide me!
I need to provide 10 years employment history.
I am also required to provide proof of being in the country for the last 5 years
I cannot find any of my employment letters etc. I have obtained a copy of
employment history from HMRC. Is that sufficient?
Again I dont have any letters from govt except the letter from HMRC giving my
employment history (dated last month). I have been unemployed for 4 months now
and have payslips, P45 P60 of employment for 2 years 4 months. meaning I have payslips from June 2015 upto Oct. 2017. Before that I was on JSA. No documentary proof of that except bank statements which are not accepted. Is there any thing I can do???

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 am

Hi All,

1. I came to UK first time in Jan 2006 in Tier 2 ICT visa and returned back in 2007. I again came to UK in new Tier 2 ICT visa in June 2009. Please let me Know what date shall i put in the application Form? 2006 or 2009 please

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:19 pm

prss_vel83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:51 am
Hi All,

1. I came to UK first time in Jan 2006 in Tier 2 ICT visa and returned back in 2007. I again came to UK in new Tier 2 ICT visa in June 2009. Please let me Know what date shall i put in the application Form? 2006 or 2009 please
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks a lot.

I hope you meant for the following section in AN form.

sec 2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 pm

prss_vel83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm
Thanks a lot.

I hope you meant for the following section in AN form.

sec 2.1 Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom
Yes of course.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks alterhase58. However the form says first time landed irrespective of different visa, in this scenario I have to provide 2006. isn't it?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 am

prss_vel83 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am
Thanks alterhase58. However the form says first time landed irrespective of different visa, in this scenario I have to provide 2006. isn't it?
Whilst reviewing the AN Guide you have have noticed this wording - If you think that should be 2006 then use that date:
"Section 2: Residence requirements
2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term
basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5
years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years
before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might
not meet the residence requirement (see page 6 of the Booklet AN) and your
application may be unsuccessful."
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... y_2017.pdf

tuscan72
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by tuscan72 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Is there a maximum age of the referees? does the professional person need to be still working or he/she can be retired? :?:

bopmachine
Newly Registered

Post by bopmachine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Hello everyone. I have a question on Form AN (february 2017 version). I currently have indefinite leave to remain and a Biometric card. My questions relates to sections 6.13, 6.14 and 6.17.

Do I have to fill these areas out? I have to confess I got my ILR in 2013 and I simply do not remember where or exactly the date I got my fingerprints taken.

Any help is very much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

bopmachine wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Hello everyone. I have a question on Form AN (february 2017 version). I currently have indefinite leave to remain and a Biometric card. My questions relates to sections 6.13, 6.14 and 6.17.

Do I have to fill these areas out? I have to confess I got my ILR in 2013 and I simply do not remember where or exactly the date I got my fingerprints taken.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Presumably when you applied for ILR either at the premium centre or a Post Office wherever you live. To state month and year is fine.

6.17 you have to sign as you will have to enroll biometrics again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

omer2013

Post by omer2013 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi CR001 and other experts.

I have booked NCS appointment on Monday for my 3 daughters and I need your kind advice on naturalisation form (AN FORM), page 10 (employment details);

1. One of my daughters has no job but she is full-time student during the course of her 5 years in the UK, where we can cover her education details? Page 10 OR Page 22

2. Another two daughters have job (part-time) and a full-time student in college and university. Can I write their education details starting from first entry to the UK on page 22?

3. My daughter has changed her name in 2016 and we have her passport with a new name and then we had applied to change personal details on NTL Form and HO had issued her NTL (No Time Limit) BRP instead of ILR BRP card. Do I need to explain this on page 22?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

Omer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

omer2013 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm
Hi CR001 and other experts.

I have booked NCS appointment on Monday for my 3 daughters and I need your kind advice on naturalisation form (AN FORM), page 10 (employment details);

1. One of my daughters has no job but she is full-time student during the course of her 5 years in the UK, where we can cover her education details? Page 10 OR Page 22 Simply state 'student'. No requirement to provide details.

2. Another two daughters have job (part-time) and a full-time student in college and university. Can I write their education details starting from first entry to the UK on page 22? You need to complete only about jobs. No need to give details about education institution.

3. My daughter has changed her name in 2016 and we have her passport with a new name and then we had applied to change personal details on NTL Form and HO had issued her NTL (No Time Limit) BRP instead of ILR BRP card. Do I need to explain this on page 22? They have her records.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks

Omer
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ak2
Newly Registered

Post by ak2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Hello,

i wanted to ask for advice , the situation is this:
since 2010 i was renting a room but landlord did not want me to use this address (with HM and HO) then some time went by before i changed it, now i need to supply evidence of lawful residence and on 2 of my P60s the address is not the actual one where i lived. Should i enclose them and then put that address in section 1.17 where they ask for addresses for past five years ?
Or should i try include some NHS and training/qualifications result slips ?
Or maybe simply just the letter from employer will be enough as im working for one since i came into UK ?

venomby
BANNED

Post by venomby » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:41 am

I plan applying for naturalisation ASAP.
I checked with the HO call centre regarding documents required by EU national to prove residency in UK for 5 years.
I was told that Council letters are acceptable, (it is Govt, she said) Hospital appointment letter is not acceptable (NHS is not govt, she said). It is confusing since I read in bold letters saying the opposite. Now I dont want to waste £80 being rejected by NCS.
Can some one please tell me what documents have been approved? I have been told JSA letters, P45/60 are accepted. There is a period of approx last 5 months where I have not been on JSA or employed. It is more than the 90 days one is allowed to be out of the country and I am unable to show I have been here except for 2 hospital appointment letters in November and January. Please advice.

venomby
BANNED

Post by venomby » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:44 am

Documents required for an EEA Adult Naturalisation Application
If you are not married to/civil partner of a British citizen (6 year rules)

Completed application form
Document from the Home Office confirming Permanent Residence Status (this should have been held for at least 12 months)
Life in UK test
ESOL/ English qualification or Degree certificate (plus NARIC letter if applicable)
Passports covering the last 5 years/ European ID Card
Evidence of residency in the UK for the last 5 years
Most recent tax self-assessment statement (if self-employed)
Marriage certificate/ civil partnership certificate if you are applying as a married couple/ civil partners
Driving licence (if used as ID for Life in UK test)
Home Office fees

Passport or travel documents to cover the last 5 years - if your passport does not cover the last five years or there are gaps between your passports, you must provide other evidence of living in the UK, such as: benefit letters, college/school letters, P60s, wage slips. Bills, bank statements, council tax letters are not acceptable.

mk819
Newly Registered

Post by mk819 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

jamila1 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:19 pm
hi i have some question i am filling AN form and there is question
2.4 if you are eea nation or family member of eea national
( i was eea family member after PR card my divorced so what i write there i am still eea family member consider or what pleas advise )
i am non eea
Hi , not sure if you have been given any answer about your question , i m in a very similar suituation but i have been given advise to say yes to EEA family member as it allows u to enter ur PR ref number and date.

If you have any different informaion please share thanks