ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA PR Application confusion/Mystery

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jjmlawa
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Non EEA PR Application confusion/Mystery

Post by jjmlawa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Hi there,

A few weeks back (16/1/18) I applied for non EEA resident card and as of now I am on a tier 4 visa which expires 28/2/18. My wife and I got married on 3/1/18 and we followed the normal steps through the register and got the go ahead from the home office as well with no further investigation. We have been together for more than a year before getting engaged.

We did the application for both us, her for the registration certificate and me for the PR. She is a qualified person as she works as pharmacist. We got the email conformation a few days after the home office received our application. However, the real confusion and mystery is as follows. Last week (6/2/18) we both received refunds amounting to 40 pounds each.In the letter it said after going through our application it was appropriate to refund us that sum. Until this moment we haven't received anything, no Biometrics no COA.

If anyone has had a similar experience or insight it will be greatly appreciated

secret.simon

Re: Non EEA PR Application confusion/Mystery

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:11 pm

jjmlawa wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am
I got married on 3/1/18
On what basis have you applied for PR? You will acquire PR after five years of marriage if your EEA spouse resides for those five years in the UK AND exercises treaty rights. The earliest that you can acquire PR is on the fifth anniversary of your marriage.

The time you have spent in the UK under any visa issued under the UK Immigration Rules (such as Tier 4) does not count for the purpose of PR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jjmlawa
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Re: Non EEA PR Application confusion/Mystery

Post by jjmlawa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:22 pm

My apologies, I should have said residence card as a family member of an eea national instead of permanent resident card.