ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension after 2.5 year discretionary leave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pj84
Newly Registered

Extension after 2.5 year discretionary leave

Post by Pj84 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am

I was granted leave under exceptional circumstance (what that means is beyond me) on 24/09/2015 and it's expiring in march 2018. What I want to know is, what kinds of documents will I need to present to extend my stay?
I have 2 kids, one has British passport and the other has leave to remain in-line with his father.
I have been to see a solicitor and he's telling me that I have to get letters from my kids school and their GP stating that I am involved in their lives, I would also provide photos of us together at different times.
Now, all of these I did when I first put my application in so why go through all that again?
I was thinking along the line of HO needs to see my payslips and maybe verify if I have/have not committed a crime.
I really need advice on what kinds of documents needed by HO from me.

Thank you in advance.

Casa

Re: Extension after 2.5 year discretionary leave

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:05 am

Pj84 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 am
I was granted leave under exceptional circumstance (what that means is beyond me) on 24/09/2015 and it's expiring in march 2018. What I want to know is, what kinds of documents will I need to present to extend my stay?
I have 2 kids, one has British passport and the other has leave to remain in-line with his father.
I have been to see a solicitor and he's telling me that I have to get letters from my kids school and their GP stating that I am involved in their lives, I would also provide photos of us together at different times.
Now, all of these I did when I first put my application in so why go through all that again?
I was thinking along the line of HO needs to see my payslips and maybe verify if I have/have not committed a crime.
I really need advice on what kinds of documents needed by HO from me.

Thank you in advance.
The Case Worker will want to see evidence that you are continuing to be involved in your children's lives., as you previously submitted. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pj84
Newly Registered

Re: Extension after 2.5 year discretionary leave

Post by Pj84 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pm

thank you