ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Contract

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Job Contract

Post by samira_uk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 am

Hi,

Is a signed contract required to prove an employment? The Appendix FM is very vague. It is said that payslips, bank statements and employer's letter are mandatory but about the P60 and job contract it is said they MAY be submitted (what does it mean)? Any case that the application was refused because job contract was not provided (and everything else is provided)?

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Job Contract

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Give your original job contract its proof of your employment too.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:29 am

Job contract is not essentially required and especially if it is 28 days older (usually it is) than it shouldn't be attached at all. P60 maybe helpful in case of category B where last 12 months of income is needed to show but in case of category A it shouldn't be attached all.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 pm
it was not my question

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:28 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:29 am
Job contract is not essentially required and especially if it is 28 days older (usually it is) than it shouldn't be attached at all. P60 maybe helpful in case of category B where last 12 months of income is needed to show but in case of category A it shouldn't be attached all.
thank you for your email. but why it should not attach at all?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 am

samira_uk wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:28 am
seagul wrote:
Because employment related documents need to be not older than 28 days and most usually the contract is older than that. And since fresh employer letter is more easier to get which gives the same information which contracts gives, therefore, contract no need to attach.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:09 am
samira_uk wrote:
seagul wrote:
Because employment related documents need to be not older than 28 days and most usually the contract is older than that. And since fresh employer letter is more easier to get which gives the same information which contracts gives, therefore, contract no need to attach.
with all due respect your understanding of the rules is wrong. if you were right, they could not have asked for contract at all as you should be with the employer for 6 months and so your contract could not be signed within 28 days.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:45 pm

samira_uk wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm
seagul wrote:
samira_uk wrote:
seagul wrote:
with all due respect your understanding of the rules is wrong. if you were right, they could not have asked for contract at all as you should be with the employer for 6 months and so your contract could not be signed within 28 days.
I don't think you even yourself know what exactly you asking, the more you think the more you puzzled. Read guidance 100 times and you will find mandatory requirement that employment documents shouldn't be 28+ days older. As said previously that contract is usually older than 28 days but however if it is not by chance then may attach it but still as per the success of most of members who used employer letter then it's important.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm

samira_uk wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 am
Londoner007 wrote:
it was not my question

With your attitude, I for one will not be writing anything to you in the future. Be at least appreciative people are giving an input. Which you will now no longer get.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm
samira_uk wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
it was not my question

With your attitude, I for one will not be writing anything to you in the future. Be at least appreciative people are giving an input. Which you will now no longer get.
👍👍

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 pm
samira_uk wrote:
Londoner007 wrote:
it was not my question

I dont know why you said that? I asked something else and you said something irrelevant. Sorry if you are sad mate!

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:11 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:45 pm
samira_uk wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm
seagul wrote:
samira_uk wrote:

I don't think you even yourself know what exactly you asking, the more you think the more you puzzled. Read guidance 100 times and you will find mandatory requirement that employment documents shouldn't be 28+ days older. As said previously that contract is usually older than 28 days but however if it is not by chance then may attach it but still as per the success of most of members who used employer letter then it's important.
sorry but I suggest to read them more carefully. You are wrong in this matter and please read my previous reply. If you were right then why UKVI would ask for contract in first place? My question is very clear and I am not puzzled but you are too aggressive and I can see that in many other posts and comments you have a very wrong understanding of the rules.

Now please check this part on Appendix FM guidance:
"Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to
a period
which ends with the date of application, that evidence must be dated no earlier
than 28 days before the date of application. "

Pay attention. 28 days rule is applied when the document is related to that period such as Payslip or bank statements. But job contract is not related to a specific period. There are many other samples: for self-employed they need the HMRC welcome letter which is mandatory and may be issued many years ago.

Instead of being aggressive please listen. Thank you anyway

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am

If you didn't get your desired answered then don't be panic and start doing google search. Read again the official financial threshold guideline and give your attention to 3.3.8 the same you quoted above and same no where says that contract has exception to 28 days rule.

Ask yourself let's suppose you were employed 3 months ago and now you passed probation successfully so your employment terms & conditions will be changed and you can't attach the old contract. It's only employer letter. If you wish then can attach your old contract and let us know your result. I agree with london007 that you totally deserve no advice who over cleverly knows everything but just want its mere confirmation.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am
If you didn't get your desired answered then don't be panic and start doing google search. Read again the official financial threshold guideline and give your attention to 3.3.8 the same you quoted above and same no where says that contract has exception to 28 days rule.

Ask yourself let's suppose you were employed 3 months ago and now you passed probation successfully so your employment terms & conditions will be changed and you can't attach the old contract. It's only employer letter. If you wish then can attach your old contract and let us know your result. I agree with london007 that you totally deserve no advice who over cleverly knows everything but just want its mere confirmation.
I dont want to continue this discussion. I told you mate. you are wrong. In many cases the employment terms wont change after probation and just the status is changed. As told you above (and it seems you dont want to listen), there are many examples in the rules especially for self-employed that you need to submit documents dated many years ago. So do not help others if you dont know as you are misleading them.

Also, for your information I know plenty of cases that submitted very old contracts and the visas were granted. My question was not about the validity of an old contract, it was about the necessity of it.

Again, read the rules and comments carefully and then mislead others

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm

samira_uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am
My question was not about the validity of an old contract, it was about the necessity of it.

You again proved to not even know as what actually you asking and plus not reading properly even written in easy english language around A1 level but you need to pass A2/B1.

As repeatedly mentioned in previous post even whoever reading my reply will also see that I am saying same that it's not necessary what you asked. Don't confuse with self employed documents which are different. If you still wish can write & argue further but from me now you are off and won't get any reply ever due to your rudeness & stubborreness to not listen.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm
samira_uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am
My question was not about the validity of an old contract, it was about the necessity of it.

You again proved to not even know as what actually you asking and plus not reading properly even written in easy english language around A1 level but you need to pass A2/B1.

As repeatedly mentioned in previous post even whoever reading my reply will also see that I am saying same that it's not necessary what you asked. Don't confuse with self employed documents which are different. If you still wish can write & argue further but from me now you are off and won't get any reply ever due to your rudeness & stubborreness to not listen.
You use the same guidance which is used for self-employed, rely on some parts of it that are applied for self-employed as well and then say do not confuse with self-employed!!!
Your logic is flawed and you told me it is not necessary based on a very wrong understanding of the rules. So be happy with your wrong understanding but please do not mislead the others.