ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Travel Document

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Sponsor Travel Document

Post by samira_uk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi,

One of my friend is going to sponsor her husband for a spouse visa. the problem is that she has received her ILR BRP card recently but now she has to apply for a new travel document which takes about 2-3 months to receive. So, the question is that is it necessary to submit a copy of the sponsor's travel document or a copy of her BRP card is fine?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsor Travel Document

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 am

BRP alone is not sufficient.

Passport/travel document copies must be submitted too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:12 am
BRP alone is not sufficient.

Passport/travel document copies must be submitted too.
Thank you for your reply but can I ask on what basis you said that? I checked the rules and did not find anything. Is there any sample case that the applicant was refused due to non submission of the sponsor travel documents?

Also in this document:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf

This could be copies of:
 bio-data pages from their passport or Travel Document
 valid UK visa or UK stamp from their passports
 Home Office letter confirming their permission to stay in the UK

Moreover, I checked the FLR(M) form (which is for incountry applications) and if the passport is not available other documents could be submitted.

I'd be appreciate if you let me know about any rule or relevant case study

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

Hi SAMIRA,

I AM APPLYING FOR MY WIFE'S SPOUSE VISA ON THURSDAY.
I HAVE JUST RECIEVED MY ILR brp 2 weeks ago.
I have an expired travel document which I had during my discretionary leave.
Submit your ilr BRP card (very important), previous travel document or passport showing stamps on it.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 am

Alz3eem2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am
Hi SAMIRA,

I AM APPLYING FOR MY WIFE'S SPOUSE VISA ON THURSDAY.
I HAVE JUST RECIEVED MY ILR brp 2 weeks ago.
I have an expired travel document which I had during my discretionary leave.
Submit your ilr BRP card (very important), previous travel document or passport showing stamps on it.
very good. so you are just submitting a copy of the BRP and the expired travel document? If it solves the issue that would be great!

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 am

No No. I am submitting my original Brp card and a copy. Me too wanna apply for a travel document but thought priority is to bring my wife here. You must submit your ILR Brp card as far as my solicitor made me aware and read in many threads.

You can request for your BRP card to be returned after you submit the spouse visa by telling them the reference number and your circumstances and what they can do is verify it and just send you the ilr brp CARD ONLY. make sure you attach a prepaid envelope for them to send it back.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 am

Alz3eem2002 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 am
No No. I am submitting my original Brp card and a copy. Me too wanna apply for a travel document but thought priority is to bring my wife here. You must submit your ILR Brp card as far as my solicitor made me aware and read in many threads.

You can request for your BRP card to be returned after you submit the spouse visa by telling them the reference number and your circumstances and what they can do is verify it and just send you the ilr brp CARD ONLY. make sure you attach a prepaid envelope for them to send it back.
So you submit original BRP card and original expired travel document? Why the originals? Any reference to that? In the link I sent you above it is said a copy and not the original. Also, they should have it on their system and so why they need an original copies? A notarized copy wont enough?

Could you please send me the links to the threads about the original BRP?

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 pm

well to be 100% certain I'm meeting my solicitor on Thursday. so will know everything then.

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:14 pm

JUST AN UPDATE I WAS GIVN BACK MY BIOMETRIC CARD AND TRAVEL DOCUMENT ...THE SOLICITOR SAID SHE CAN COPY IT AND CERTIFY IT. THEY DONT REQUIRE ORIGINALS.