ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 - home office reference number

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dgj591
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 5 - home office reference number

Post by dgj591 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi there,

I have a tier 5 (youth mobility) visa. I'm applying for certain jobs online, and I cannot get past the online applications without filling in my Home Office Reference Number.

I am not sure I have this number, reading previous posts the only place I can find it would be on the original papers I got with my visa - those are long gone by now. So two questions:
  • Are tier 5 folders even issued a home office reference number?
  • Where can I find it? Will I have to phone up immigration?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 5 - home office reference number

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

1. Rule number 1, never ever thow away HO related documents. You never know when you might need them.

2. Do you have a BRP Card?? You can use the number top right corner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dgj591
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dgj591 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm
1. Rule number 1, never ever thow away HO related documents. You never know when you might need them.

2. Do you have a BRP Card?? You can use the number top right corner.
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty good about keeping documents with the exception of these.

I can use the number you refer to, but I've read specifically on other sites that the number on my BRP card isn't the same as a home office reference number (it also doesn't fit the format of first letter of surname followed by x numerical digits). I've also read that tier 5 visa holders aren't even issued a HO ref num... the government doesn't have this level of detail on any of their websites.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:29 pm

I am also struggling to understand a website asking for HO reference number. I have never encountered this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dgj591
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by dgj591 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:29 pm
I am also struggling to understand a website asking for HO reference number. I have never encountered this.
It's for government jobs. If you say you're subject to immigration control, a field pops up and asks you for the HO Ref Number to verify your right to work etc. I don't want to talk to up my application, but it really seems odd to me. I was wondering if only those who have settlement visas get the HO Ref Number - tier 5 holders are a pretty small number, and most are young people doing unprofessional jobs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the system sort of left out this possibility.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 am

All visa applicants get a HO reference number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)