ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please... I need your help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alkassem
Newly Registered
Lebanon

please... I need your help

Post by alkassem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am

hello ..my name is Alkassem and I am from syria.
my father is a doctor who worked in Norwich city in England for 8 years in the 80s ,he is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
during his 8 years he paid taxes and was very beneficial for his community.
in his last year there he received a call from his mother (my grand mother) telling him that his father had been in a car accident and his life in serious danger. so he flew back to syria and unfortunately his father didn't survive. my father then couldn't go back to England and had to stay to take care of his mother .
My father had met all the requirements needed to apply for UK citizenship but due to the circumstances he never did .
so my question is : can my father now do any thing to apply for the citizenship???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: please... I need your help

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am

To qualify for citizenship, he needs to hold Indefinite Leave to Remain AND have 5 years residence in the UK immediately before applying for citizenship.

So no, it appears he does not qualify.

On what visa was he in the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.