ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Merzit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

GUYS!!!!!!! FINNALY I RECEIVED THIS ANSWER FROM GOV.UK!!

Dear Applicant,
TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.
You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

Omg im so excited because I was waiting around 182 working days, 9 months and finally is here my passport, just tomorrow I’ll receive in my house AWWWWW IM SO NERVOUS,!!
God bless me and Everyone here!!!!!!
Do not be afraid to take a big step , a precipice hopping is not passed.

alex1990
Haiti

Post by alex1990 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks

I think me too i am asking the same question!
And i need to know wich documents can be helpful and how when !!
If there is any fourm or posta can be useful pleas I really want it !!
Thanks

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Hi guys!
Does anybody know how soon can be applied for residence card once entered? Do we need to wait 3 months or we can do in immediate?
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
yanaveron wrote:
Hi guys!
Thanks
You can apply even on the day that you enter UK but you need to have payslips of the EEA sponsor (of proof of self sufficiency and CSI) and you need to have some bills on your name to show that you are living with the EEA sponsor.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
And do you have any idea for what period of time I must represent bills? A month or more?

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Merzit wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm
GUYS!!!!!!! FINNALY I RECEIVED THIS ANSWER FROM GOV.UK!!

Dear Applicant,
TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.
You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.
This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

Omg im so excited because I was waiting around 182 working days, 9 months and finally is here my passport, just tomorrow I’ll receive in my house AWWWWW IM SO NERVOUS,!!
God bless me and Everyone here!!!!!!
Hi Merzit! Finally you have gotten a decision! Congrats! I really hope that is positive! Share your update!

alexbro
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by alexbro » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 pm

elemak wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm
Hi everyone!

Today, finally I've got my FP.
Would like to share my story:
I applied 20.06.2017 Madrid/Spain ( It was my second application, the first one was refused)
Not straightforward email 07.07.2017
My first complain to UK Visas and Immigration 19.09.2017 (got any result in really, was told that my application was not straightforward but they were working on it)
My second complain 10.01.2018 . I got an email 19.01.2018 there I was informed decision was made and soon I would received further news .
Indeed I received it on the same day , two hours earlier:-))) And today, I have got my passaport with FP.

I wish you good luck to all!!!
In case you have any questions ...please ask I would be happy to answer and perhaps help!
Congrats on your FP!
When you say you complained - did you call or email them or somehow else? What phone/email did you use to complain?
We're in the same situation in Madrid...

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am

yanaveron wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm
dan1988uk wrote:
yanaveron wrote:
Hi guys!
Thanks
Hi,
And do you have any idea for what period of time I must represent bills? A month or more?
Payslips: 3 months.
Bills: just recent ones that show your name and your spouse's name (or together). Home Office's guidelines say that they want at least 6 bills from 3 different sources with both of your names. We attached 1 electricity and gas bill (my wife's name), 1 internet bill (my name), 1 water bill (both names), bank letters (one on my name, one on my wife's name and our joint account's letter). I also attached Tesco online grocery receipts and tenancy agreement on both names.

yanaveron
Ukraine

Post by yanaveron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am
yanaveron wrote:
dan1988uk wrote:
yanaveron wrote:
Hi guys!
Thanks
Hi,
Bills: just recent ones that show your name and your spouse's name (or together). Home Office's guidelines say that they want at least 6 bills from 3 different sources with both of your names. We attached 1 electricity and gas bill (my wife's name), 1 internet bill (my name), 1 water bill (both names), bank letters (one on my name, one on my wife's name and our joint account's letter). I also attached Tesco online grocery receipts and tenancy agreement on both names.
Thank you very much ! So there isn’t need to show bills for the last 3 months, enough only for the last month? With payslips all clear. My unique concern is the period of bills...

pinarita
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by pinarita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my situation with you because I think it is “HILARIOUS” and you should understand how disrespectfully the UK visa autorities are treating people.

I am a Non-EU national living in Spain legally for more than 7 years. My Spanish husband and I have been married for almost 4 years (got married in my country but also ratified the marriage in Spain). Before the marriage we were registered as civil partners in Spain for 3 years more. (In summary we have been living together for 7 years in Spain) I hold a permanent residence card for Spain as a family member of a Spanish citizen.
Last October we were thinking about moving to the UK to make a change in our lives, so I applied for FP visa in Madrid visa office in October 2017. I provided all the necessary documents like marriage certificate in multilingual international format issued by Spanish authorities, Spanish family book, address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, civil partnership certificate, joint bank account certificates, former FM visa, etc. More importantly the Spanish residence card of a family member of an EU citizen.
I was informed that on these days the UK was taking this process very slowly (it wasn’t a real problem for us because both of us were already working in good jobs in Spain) but I never thought that I would receive a refusal to my application. I was already issued a FP 4-5 years ago when we were just civil partners, not married.
After four months of waiting, last Friday I finally received the answer to my application and I was shocked because it was a refusal. When I read the reasons they provided, first I didn’t even understand it and after started to laugh. Here they are:

-As proof of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor you have provided a Spanish
marriage certificate. However, this document details that the it was issued on
09/10/2017, nearly 3 years after your wedding day: 21/06/2014. Due to the length of
time between the wedding ceremony and the date of issue, this certificate cannot be
accepted as reliable evidence of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor.
(WHAT???? I don’t know the other countries but in Spain the marriage certificates are issued by the date you ask for it and they are valid for 3 months. A marriage certificate issued 3-4 years ago wouldn’t be valid because you might have divorced later. Plus, the certificate format was an international one that are agreed by many countries including Spain and the UK)

- It is also noted that your marriage certificate states that you and your sponsor got
married in xxx (my country of origin). This leads me to believe that the document submitted
isn’t your original marriage certificate. You must provide your original marriage
certificate which was issued and registered around the time of the ceremony.
Furthermore, you have not provided any photographs of your wedding to prove that the
ceremony took place. (Photos????? Really???)

- You have also provided a Spanish family book and letters from Barcelona Council
stating that you and your sponsor are stable partners. However, these documents are
deemed insufficient in proving your relationship to your EEA national sponsor.
Furthermore, you have provided no other documents to satisfy me that the relationship
is genuine, subsisting and is not one of convenience. There are no photographs of you
together at any time, no evidence of cohabitation or anything else to evidence the
relationship between you. (I did provide address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, joint bank account certificates, and SPANISH RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU CITIZEN! What else ???? Really photos??? Obviously we have hunders of photos taken together but they can not refuse my application because I just didn't submitted photos.)

-I therefore am not satisfied that you have a genuine relationship with an EEA national
and that you are genuinely an EEA partner in accordance with regulation 7 of the
Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.
I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that
you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 (see ECGs EUN2.23)of the Immigration
(European Economic Area) Regulations 2016

This is like a joke. Obviously, they refused my application because they wanted so. They are capable to refuse any application based on anything. You have only 2 eyes and 2 hands but the minimum acceptance limit for us is 3…
I don’t know if I am going to appeal. I don’t really need to move to the UK and probably by the end of 2018 I will become a Spanish citizen (no visa need for Spanish). If I appeal, I will do it because of the disrespect and the ignorance they show. I don’t want them win. I want to give them more paperwork to deal with....

Good luck to everyone…

corina
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by corina » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 am

Hi everyone!

I have been reading this thread for a few months now and it has given us a lot of support during the whole the waiting process.

I would just like to let you all know that my partner has received his EEA family permit today! He'll fly to the UK in about ten days. The timeline looks like this:

Biometrics in Rabat, Morocco: 15/09/2017
Not straightforward e-mail: 02/10/2017
First escalation through e-mail: 18/10/2017 -> Haven't heard anything
Second escalation through e-mail: 14/11/2017 -> Haven't heard anything
Third escalation through telephone: 31/01/2018 -> Received an e-mail that they cannot give a timeline since application is not straightforward.
Visa approved: 02/02/2018
Received e-mail that decision has been made: 12/02/2018
Collected passport with visa: 13/02/2018

In total, I estimate this has taken around 100 working days.

During the process I have contacted the local MP (labour party, but could not help us) and Solvit (took a very long time). During the third escalation on the phone I made a very strong point that they are violating EU regulations (must have worked, the decision was made soon after).

I wish everyone here the best. I know how stressful the process can be. No matter how long it will take for all of you, in retrospect it will be worth it!

Thank you for all of your (subconscious) support.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 pm

I am really tired of England, seriously :?
They send me my passaport back and just that, without stamp or any paper, how I know I get the Visa or not? Im not understand seriously I’m so tired.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm

pinarita wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am
Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my situation with you because I think it is “HILARIOUS” and you should understand how disrespectfully the UK visa autorities are treating people.

I am a Non-EU national living in Spain legally for more than 7 years. My Spanish husband and I have been married for almost 4 years (got married in my country but also ratified the marriage in Spain). Before the marriage we were registered as civil partners in Spain for 3 years more. (In summary we have been living together for 7 years in Spain) I hold a permanent residence card for Spain as a family member of a Spanish citizen.
Last October we were thinking about moving to the UK to make a change in our lives, so I applied for FP visa in Madrid visa office in October 2017. I provided all the necessary documents like marriage certificate in multilingual international format issued by Spanish authorities, Spanish family book, address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, civil partnership certificate, joint bank account certificates, former FM visa, etc. More importantly the Spanish residence card of a family member of an EU citizen.
I was informed that on these days the UK was taking this process very slowly (it wasn’t a real problem for us because both of us were already working in good jobs in Spain) but I never thought that I would receive a refusal to my application. I was already issued a FP 4-5 years ago when we were just civil partners, not married.
After four months of waiting, last Friday I finally received the answer to my application and I was shocked because it was a refusal. When I read the reasons they provided, first I didn’t even understand it and after started to laugh. Here they are:

-As proof of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor you have provided a Spanish
09/10/2017, nearly 3 years after your wedding day: 21/06/2014. Due to the length of
time between the wedding ceremony and the date of issue, this certificate cannot be
accepted as reliable evidence of your relationship to your EEA national sponsor.
(WHAT???? I don’t know the other countries but in Spain the marriage certificates are issued by the date you ask for it and they are valid for 3 months. A marriage certificate issued 3-4 years ago wouldn’t be valid because you might have divorced later. Plus, the certificate format was an international one that are agreed by many countries including Spain and the UK)

- It is also noted that your marriage certificate states that you and your sponsor got
married in xxx (my country of origin). This leads me to believe that the document submitted
isn’t your original marriage certificate. You must provide your original marriage
Furthermore, you have not provided any photographs of your wedding to prove that the

- You have also provided a Spanish family book and letters from Barcelona Council
stating that you and your sponsor are stable partners. However, these documents are
Furthermore, you have provided no other documents to satisfy me that the relationship
is genuine, subsisting and is not one of convenience. There are no photographs of you
together at any time, no evidence of cohabitation or anything else to evidence the
relationship between you. (I did provide address registration from the city hall confirming that we are living together, joint bank account certificates, and SPANISH RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF AN EU CITIZEN! What else ???? Really photos??? Obviously we have hunders of photos taken together but they can not refuse my application because I just didn't submitted photos.)

-I therefore am not satisfied that you have a genuine relationship with an EEA national
and that you are genuinely an EEA partner in accordance with regulation 7 of the
I therefore refuse your EEA Family Permit application because I am not satisfied that
you meet all of the requirements of regulation 7 (see ECGs EUN2.23)of the Immigration

This is like a joke. Obviously, they refused my application because they wanted so. They are capable to refuse any application based on anything. You have only 2 eyes and 2 hands but the minimum acceptance limit for us is 3…
I don’t know if I am going to appeal. I don’t really need to move to the UK and probably by the end of 2018 I will become a Spanish citizen (no visa need for Spanish). If I appeal, I will do it because of the disrespect and the ignorance they show. I don’t want them win. I want to give them more paperwork to deal with....

Good luck to everyone…
All the guidelines, all the people who applied successfully, everyone suggests to attach pictures: you didn’t and now you are complaining blaming them?

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm

yanaveron wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am
dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am
yanaveron wrote:
dan1988uk wrote:

Hi,
Thank you very much ! So there isn’t need to show bills for the last 3 months, enough only for the last month? With payslips all clear. My unique concern is the period of bills...
Bills just are needed to show that you are living together, so why you should provide 3 months of bills?

twitwi
Newly Registered
China

Post by twitwi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Merzit wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:00 pm
They send me my passaport back and just that, without stamp or any paper, how I know I get the Visa or not? Im not understand seriously I’m so tired.
I think it means refusal. Did you get the mail of sheffield, not the TLS center? normally there is a attachment in it with the letter of the decision...That's what happens to me

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm

twitwi wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Merzit wrote:
I think it means refusal. Did you get the mail of sheffield, not the TLS center? normally there is a attachment in it with the letter of the decision...That's what happens to me
Anything, just the passaport but if is refused why took 9 months and why without explain? There proof how much glamour has England.

twitwi
Newly Registered
China

Post by twitwi » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Merzit wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm
twitwi wrote:
Merzit wrote:
Anything, just the passaport but if is refused why took 9 months and why without explain? There proof how much glamour has England.
Did you check in the spam in your mail? Maybe your mail take it to the junk...It takes that long because they just did not review your application before. I am speechless of how they process.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

twitwi wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:37 pm
Merzit wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:40 pm
twitwi wrote:
Merzit wrote:
Did you check in the spam in your mail? Maybe your mail take it to the junk...It takes that long because they just did not review your application before. I am speechless of how they process.
Nothing nothing, I called my lawyer and he said he gonna try call there to see what’s goind on :|

Zee11
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by Zee11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Mughlii »Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm

hi every one i am glad to tell that i made it i am in manchester now i am regretting that i wasted my 6 months for nothing but i will make them to pay for it coz now i am here and i made it very easily i got stamped on airport for six months eea family permit i am sorry for those who guide you wrong they are lods of in this forum don't listen them just book ur tickets and jump in with ur eea spouse bring ur documents with u merriage certificatr or civil partnerships certficate or any proof of being family member of eea national and take ur residence card thats all u need but obviously ur spouse with you travel together specially those who are from spain don't hesitate they even didn't ask any documents from me they are very rude but dont be scared just answer and they will ask u for visa butt
Mughlii wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm
hi every one i am glad to tell that i made it i am in manchester now i am regretting that i wasted my 6 months for nothing but i will make them to pay for it coz now i am here and i made it very easily i got stamped on airport for six months eea family permit i am sorry for those who guide you wrong they are lods of in this forum don't listen them just book ur tickets and jump in with ur eea spouse bring ur documents with u merriage certificatr or civil partnerships certficate or any proof of being family member of eea national and take ur residence card thats all u need but obviously ur spouse with you travel together specially those who are from spain don't hesitate they even didn't ask any documents from me they are very rude but dont be scared just answer and they will ask u for visa butt tell them that u dont need one it is mentioned on ur website thats it they will try thier best to send u back but dont scared just say that we want to go for visit just for one month and u know that aswell we dont need visa thats all
best of luk for those who r going to do that

Hi, i just want to ask what documents you showed when you arrived? My sis in law just got refused after 4 months of waiting. We submitted every papers and still its not enoigh proof that she is a family member of an eu. we applied in madrid. We're getting so stressed because her kids is already in here and my brother(eu) is having difficulty on taking care of them. So if using an article 10 will help them reunite asap will be so nice.

unuojeye
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by unuojeye » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello Zee 11, if your in law has the communitario resident card, just tell her to buy ticket immediately.tell her to hold marriage certificate, the family book, the husband working contract, 3 months pay slip
I arrived in UK February 1 with my Spanish family member resident card.but my husband came with the kids and we all travelled back together.don, t waste time.tell her to buy ticket immediately. My husband also held the tenancy agreement letter and council tax bill.just tell her to hold everything she used to apply.I wish her the best.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 pm

unuojeye wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 pm
Hello Zee 11, if your in law has the communitario resident card, just tell her to buy ticket immediately.tell her to hold marriage certificate, the family book, the husband working contract, 3 months pay slip
I arrived in UK February 1 with my Spanish family member resident card.but my husband came with the kids and we all travelled back together.don, t waste time.tell her to buy ticket immediately. My husband also held the tenancy agreement letter and council tax bill.just tell her to hold everything she used to apply.I wish her the best.
I am in Spain with my husband, he got the residence card spanish, he can travel with me? I have the certificate and all proofs about we are married but I dont have contract and payslip becuase we been in Spain 1 year, you think is possible enter?

unuojeye
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by unuojeye » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 am

Hello Merit, if your husband has the family member resident card,( communitario) yes he can travel with you.but you need to hold proof of where you will stay and proof of your financial state.and your marriage certificate, libro del familiar, pictures....just hold everything you have. Proof that you are financially stable that you can take care of your needs or someone else will be responsible for your financial needs.All the best Merzit.

Dannyvlc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Dannyvlc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

dan1988uk wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm
pinarita wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am
Hi everyone!

Good luck to everyone…
All the guidelines, all the people who applied successfully, everyone suggests to attach pictures: you didn’t and now you are complaining blaming them?
Hey Dan, I think that was unnecessary and hash on the poor guy that just got her visa refused without any legal justification.
After all the months of wait, how would she have the Spanish card if she's not an EU family member?
I'm actually Spanish and my wife a non EU citizen just got her visa last week, mind you we didn't submit any photos, cos she went with the original and the same they only collect copies, so she got her visa without photos.
Thing is the embassy guys give and refuse as it pleases them, they just tired of we EU citizens.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm

unuojeye wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 am
Hello Merit, if your husband has the family member resident card,( communitario) yes he can travel with you.but you need to hold proof of where you will stay and proof of your financial state.and your marriage certificate, libro del familiar, pictures....just hold everything you have. Proof that you are financially stable that you can take care of your needs or someone else will be responsible for your financial needs.All the best Merzit.
Hello
Yes I have all certificates, books, card residence and pictures. Just im not have financial state because in Spain my parents take care for my husband and me, we live in their house. And In england when I live before just I had payslips but actually I don’t have anything sadly. Do you think I can enter without contract and payslip actually? Thanks

unuojeye
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by unuojeye » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Hello Merzit, Is any Of you still working? If yea then hold your statement of account or of anyone who will stand for you as a sponsor.but for now , just try since you have your family resident card.you should not have too much difficulty.do not be afraid.try.you will pass successfully.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am

Hello! No, im not have anything about work because I was in Spain just with my husband. I have the flight this friday so Im gonna try!! I let you know If I enter in england