ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP Expiring

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ak01
Newly Registered

Kids ILR - Biometric card expiring

Post by ak01 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi,
I am a British passport holder.My wife and daughter is on ILR. My daughter's (6years old) ILR BRP is expiring in September 2018.My wife went to India for second delivery along with my daughter in July 2017 .She is continuing her school in India.Now ,I am planning to bring them back to UK only in February 2019(before two years).My questions are

Q1.Is it possible to renew the ILR BRP from India or she has to be physically present in UK to renew the BRP.

Q2.How long before the ILR BRP can be renewed before the expiry date.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Kids ILR - Biometric card expiring

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Q1.Is it possible to renew the ILR BRP from India or she has to be physically present in UK to renew the BRP.
No, you must apply within the UK
Q2.How long before the ILR BRP can be renewed before the expiry date.
Whenever you want
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

If she has been away for a long time, HO might expect evidence of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ak01
Newly Registered

Post by ak01 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi ,
MY wife went to India for delivery along with my daughter last year.My daughter's ILR BRP is expiring on 28th September 2018.I am planning to bring them back to UK on 21st sep 2018 just a week before the expiry date (need to attend a marriage function).Will be applying for BRP extension once she come back to UK.Will they allow her to travel or Is it going to be an issue with the immigration/airlines in India /UK since it is close to the expiry date.

ak01
Newly Registered

Kids ILR - Biometric card expiring

Post by ak01 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi,
My daughter’s ILR BRP is expiring on 14/10/2018.I am planning to bring her back on 30/09/2018 .Just ~15 days before the BRP expiry date as we have to attend a marriage function on 28/09/2018.I will be applying for the BRP once she comes back to UK.
I have to find a school place for my daughter only after coming back to uk.

Q1.Is it going to be an issue with immigration UK /airlines in India since she will be travelling only two weeks before the BRP expiry.

Q2.In BRP renewal form they are asking for letter from school confirming attendance. Since she was in India for an year, she will not be having any proof of her schooling in UK.Is it going to be an issue.

ak01
Newly Registered

ILR BRP Expiring

Post by ak01 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am

Hi,
My daughter’s ILR BRP is expiring on 14/10/2018.I am planning to bring her back on 30/09/2018 .Just ~15 days before the BRP expiry date as we have to attend a marriage function on 28/09/2018.I will be applying for the BRP once she comes back to UK.

Q1.Is it going to be an issue with immigration UK /airlines in India since she will be travelling only two weeks before the BRP expiry.

Q2.In BRP renewal form they are asking for letter from school confirming attendance. Since she was in India for an year, she will not be having any proof of her schooling in UK.Is it going to be an issue.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: ILR BRP Expiring

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:37 am

ak01 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am
Hi,

this shouldn't be an issue for 'Air India' in respect of a BRP card for entry into the UK as this is what immigration at the UK border is concerned in, especially as it is still valid. UKVI wouldn't or shouldn't have an issue with it either as you are under the 2 year absence period for the ILR to become invalid or lapse. Still be prepared to answer any questions they may have on their side as per their protocol.

you may need to write a covering letter explaining this, and any circumstances that may have caused her to stay there for 1 year in India, however I believe you should enroll her as soon as possible and explain in the covering letter she has been enrolled and that she will be completing her education here as well as being resident here.

This will at least demonstrate you as parents of the child have intentions of being resident/settling here and the period of stay in India was due to unforseen circumstances that have been resolved, after all that is what ILR is granted for.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Cahaya
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: ILR BRP Expiring

Post by Cahaya » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi,

I have applied to renew my children BRP which expiring soon. Fill up the BRP RC form and submit evidence of school letter confirming start date for school enrolment. Biometric information has been submitted.

Recently Home Office wrote back to me to provide more evidence of my children continued residence in the UK for the first 3 years (2014, 2015, 2016) after we got our ILR. note: eventough period 2016, 2017 & 2018 is covered in the school letter.

I need advice what type of evidence should I provide for child age below 3 years old? She is not in school at that age and GP letter (with all appointment dates) it will take up to 2 weeks. My child did not have GP appointment frequently though. I need to reply to Home Office within 14 days. Thanks.