ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Italy appointment booked with incorrect visa category

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neesh

VFS Italy appointment booked with incorrect visa category

Post by neesh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for my wife's Schengen visa for our trip to Italy in April. I am a British national and we wanted to apply for a short-stay visa for her under "EEA/EU family member" category.

At the time of completing the online application - i selected "other" for Question 21 ("Main purpose(s) of the journey") - and added "Family member for EU citizen" as a remark.

However when booking the VFS appointment - i somehow booked for visa category "Tourist".

Would this be a problem when we go for our appointment? There are no appointments available for our dates anymore and hence we would like to keep this appointment. But we are unsure if we are going to be allowed to submit the application due to this mismatch.

has anyone got any experience, maybe of a similar situation? any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks
neesh

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: VFS Italy appointment booked with incorrect visa category

Post by bruteforce » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I don't think this is a big issue, staff will look at your documentation & treat your application as a spouse of EU national. You will probable only pay the processing fee & not the visa fee.

neesh

Post by neesh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm

[quote=bruteforce post_id=1597380 time=1518555638 user_id=40978]
I don't think this is a big issue, staff will look at your documentation & treat your application as a spouse of EU national. You will probable only pay the processing fee & not the visa fee.
[/quote]
thank you for your reply. much appreciated.

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Did your wife already file her application?
And to your satisfaction?

neesh

Post by neesh » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:46 pm

hi prawo - yes, it was all pretty smooth. VFS did not ask her anything about the incorrect category.

also they only took exactly those documents as mentioned in the checklist (the one you get when you book an appointment). see list below

1. EU citizen passport copy
2. marriage certificate copy
3. confirmed flight tickets with both our names
4. her passport and BRP copy
5. application form

we had other documents but they did not take any. the entire process from submission to receiving passport took 4 days.