ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Converting to Tier 4 General visa from Tier 2 General

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

somdipdey
Newly Registered
India

Converting to Tier 4 General visa from Tier 2 General

Post by somdipdey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

Hello Everyone,

I came to UK in 2013 to pursue my MSc in Computer Science and held Tier 4 General visa from 2013-2014. After completing my studies I went to work as a Software Engineer and converted my Tier 4 to Tier 2 in 2015 with my current sponsor. Right now, due to my work I want to pursue another master's, which is a MSc in Data Science degree as a Full time student.

Can I convert from Tier 2 General to Tier 4 General for my second MSc degree? Is there any restriction on not being able to get the Tier 4 visa for my second MSc?

Any help will be highly appreciated and thank you in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Converting to Tier 4 General visa from Tier 2 General

Post by sah10406 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 am

somdipdey wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am
Can I convert from Tier 2 General to Tier 4 General for my second MSc degree? Is there any restriction on not being able to get the Tier 4 visa for my second MSc?
It depends whether your CAS confirms that the new course represents academic progress on your previous studies. So it's a question for your Tier 4 sponsor, whether they consider it academic progress or not.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

somdipdey
Newly Registered
India

Re: Converting to Tier 4 General visa from Tier 2 General

Post by somdipdey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Great. Thank you so much for this info. I will check with the uni regarding this.