ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application for my spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irishman30
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application for my spouse

Post by Irishman30 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 pm

My wife (Peruvian), married to me (Irish), recently submitted her naturalisation application based on her Irish association (married to an Irish national). We also have two children (both Irish).

She has received confirmation of her application and they have requested further documents - bank statements 6 months for each year, letters of employment and mortgage / rental statements.

The issue we have is to do with the bank statements. I am the sole income earner in the family. And since the start of my wife's arrival to Ireland, my name has only been on the main bank account. As well as all credit cards. We do have another bank account in joint names but this was rarely used in Ireland, so it does not reflect general day-to-day expenditure. At present she continues to have a bank account in her own name and I have one in my name.

The mortgage statements are in both our names and can be provided no problem. The rental agreement was only in my name due to her not having a PPS number at the time and therefore was unable to register under the RTB.

A request for a letter confirming employment has been sent to her former employer (she's returned to being a housewife after some part-time work) although there is no guarantee that she will get one.

We are concerned mainly over the bank statements and the fact her name does not appear on the general main bank statement - only my name. Already a large amount of utility bills and other documents have been provided for each year of her residences in the State. These have either her name or my name or both our names.

In addition, if her employer refuses to give a letter confirming employment, we are unsure what to do. Would her P45 be of some use?

We are keen to provide as much documentation as possible to ensure she receives her Irish naturalisation but we feel that that the bank statement issue and the letter from the employer could be an issue.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation like this before when going through the naturalisation process? Or does anyone have any views / suggestions on our issue?

Cheers.