ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anaep
Newly Registered
India

Re: February 2018 Restricted COS

Post by anaep » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 pm

sptula wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 pm
anaep wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm
sptula wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm
anaep wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm
My RCOS was applied for the first time for Feb quota with 46K salary and non shortage occupation so 45 points. I just received mail from Immigraiton contact that it has been rejected(not refused as it can be applied again next month) and she also mentioned that the threshold for this month is 50k salary.
Does the rejection mention the reason ?!

Like not meeting minimum points ?
Yes the decision was based on the points
You should have been Refused rather Rejected ?

have you seen the original email text ??
Terms could be mixed up but I was told it was due to points

Anthb
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Anthb » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

If you did not score enough points, the statement should read the following;

Thank you for your recent email regarding the restricted certificate of sponsorship (RCoS) application for the post of Corporate Account Manager– salary - £33,800 per annum. The RCoS allocation for January 2018 was again oversubscribed. All applications scoring points below the threshold were refused. Your application scored 33 points which was below the points threshold for January and was therefore refused. The points threshold for January was 46 points. All details of the January allocation are now available on our website. Please follow the link below:

JANUARY REFUSAl above:

If you’re REJECTED you did not meet the RMLT requirements is my understanding?

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm

anaep wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:57 pm
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm
anaep wrote:
sptula wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Does the rejection mention the reason ?!

Like not meeting minimum points ?
just to confirm 46 was ur basic salary correct , you not taking into account bonus or relocation costs or any other costs right ?
46k was the salary with which RCOS was applied
is 46 the salary on your offer letter as well

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm

ashishkm wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:22 pm
mschase wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm
If the person with 44 points who has been refused is wrong, and I hope he is, then this means that 35 and above have a good shot this month. Yes its still quite early and few of us in this forum have even waited longer than a months time to hear back from HO (myself included).

The way I see it, today and tomorrow will be 40 points and above to hear back and perhaps next week is 35 to 40.
I agree , we have had multiple users in their 30 post about their refusal , but so afar only one user has said that their application was rejected with 44 points , to be rejected means the RLMt was not done correctly.
or maybe the user has calculated their points wrongly , or the home office has made a mistake and rejected her application , there can be a number of reasons.but my point is she is the only one with over 40 points who has said something like this, whereas someone with 43 points has been approved already according to use 'Plabber 123'
Hi
I am sorry - I am ignoratn about Rejected and Refused, can you please tell me the differences
Also if an application moved from Pending to Under Review - would that mean it will be definetly processed (approved or otherwise)
Thanks in advance
Status in below order:
1. Pending - As soon as the employer applies and still not picked up by HO
2. Under Review - HO has now picked up your application and reviewing the same. Also, raise queries and waiting for the answers.
3. Refused / Rejected:
Rejected is when HO is not satisfied with your application due to any error including RLMT
Refused is when HO is satisfied with your application but couldn't approve due to the cut-off points

anaep
Newly Registered
India

Post by anaep » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:04 pm

cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm
anaep wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:57 pm
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm
anaep wrote:

just to confirm 46 was ur basic salary correct , you not taking into account bonus or relocation costs or any other costs right ?
46k was the salary with which RCOS was applied
is 46 the salary on your offer letter as well
Yes

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Anthb wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Thank you for your recent email regarding the restricted certificate of sponsorship (RCoS) application for the post of Corporate Account Manager– salary - £33,800 per annum. The RCoS allocation for January 2018 was again oversubscribed. All applications scoring points below the threshold were refused. Your application scored 33 points which was below the points threshold for January and was therefore refused. The points threshold for January was 46 points. All details of the January allocation are now available on our website. Please follow the link below:

JANUARY REFUSAl above:

I don't know how you got an email with this format.

What I get is:
Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date.

This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly allocation of restricted CoS.

You can submit another application for a restricted CoS at any time.

anaep
Newly Registered
India

Post by anaep » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Checked with the Immigration contact and she says its refused due to points. Sorry to mix up Refused and Rejected.

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm

tej_san wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm
ashishkm wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm
cali1234 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:22 pm
mschase wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm
If the person with 44 points who has been refused is wrong, and I hope he is, then this means that 35 and above have a good shot this month. Yes its still quite early and few of us in this forum have even waited longer than a months time to hear back from HO (myself included).

The way I see it, today and tomorrow will be 40 points and above to hear back and perhaps next week is 35 to 40.
I agree , we have had multiple users in their 30 post about their refusal , but so afar only one user has said that their application was rejected with 44 points , to be rejected means the RLMt was not done correctly.
or maybe the user has calculated their points wrongly , or the home office has made a mistake and rejected her application , there can be a number of reasons.but my point is she is the only one with over 40 points who has said something like this, whereas someone with 43 points has been approved already according to use 'Plabber 123'
Hi
I am sorry - I am ignoratn about Rejected and Refused, can you please tell me the differences
Also if an application moved from Pending to Under Review - would that mean it will be definetly processed (approved or otherwise)
Thanks in advance
Status in below order:
1. Pending - As soon as the employer applies and still not picked up by HO
2. Under Review - HO has now picked up your application and reviewing the same. Also, raise queries and waiting for the answers.
3. Refused / Rejected:
Rejected is when HO is not satisfied with your application due to any error including RLMT
Refused is when HO is satisfied with your application but couldn't approve due to the cut-off points
thank you Cali1234 and Tej

Anthb
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Anthb » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 pm

tej_san wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Anthb wrote:

JANUARY REFUSAl above:

What I get is:
Thank you for your recent application for restricted CoS. Your application has been refused, as it did not meet the minimum points score for the allocation of a restricted CoS on the above decision date.

This application will not be submitted for consideration at the next monthly allocation of restricted CoS.

That was a follow up email when we had asked for more clarification about points. I was just pointing out clarification for the ‘refusal’ statement wording.

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

anaep wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm
Checked with the Immigration contact and she says its refused due to points. Sorry to mix up Refused and Rejected.
Okay, it's clarified now

Probably 50 or 46 (as last month) is cutoff

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Has anyone been refused 3 months in a row now?

Just wondering if those people may have been given COS (as per that email posted earlier) as I’m struggling to work out why the cut off is so high. Usually applications of SOC and salaries over 50k are in the minority but it seems they’ve stayed constantly high for months now. Is this the new norm?

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

I don't see 30's and 20's getting the cos even April or may. 40+ have a chance but if the trend continues and more NHS then even they ll have to struggle.

Very unfortunate feel really sorry for those who have got hatrick of rejections.

Hope there will be some change from April on the rule.

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Anthb wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 pm
tej_san wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Anthb wrote:

JANUARY REFUSAl above:

What I get is:

That was a follow up email when we had asked for more clarification about points. I was just pointing out clarification for the ‘refusal’ statement wording.
I have no idea how to follow up. Can you please share the email address of the HO on which we can follow up? Thanks.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:37 pm

this is really awful though ! I was hoping to be approved this month. still hoping for a miracle . I was seeing last years allocation for feb 2017 they had carried forward over a 1000 RCOs to march 2017 due to the lack of demand , can't believe so much change in only a year

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm
I don't see 30's and 20's getting the cos even April or may. 40+ have a chance but if the trend continues and more NHS then even they ll have to struggle.

Very unfortunate feel really sorry for those who have got hatrick of rejections.

Hope there will be some change from April on the rule.
what rule ?

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm
Has anyone been refused 3 months in a row now?

Just wondering if those people may have been given COS (as per that email posted earlier) as I’m struggling to work out why the cut off is so high. Usually applications of SOC and salaries over 50k are in the minority but it seems they’ve stayed constantly high for months now. Is this the new norm?
Ideally, HO should grant points based on the appropriate salary for SOC as per their list on website. I've seen some big companies pay far higher than the other companies for the same job/skills. In that case, they will have upper hand by paying more to candidate and be successful in getting RCoS.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Well!, I have been following the board since January. Only this time, seeing the situation, I could not resist posting a message. What I have happened to find out, that the situation with the NHS nurses might not improve in the coming months. In fact, when the applications of so many non-EU nurses have been cleared without any significant hurdle, this has only given some recruiters all the more reasons to intensify their efforts.
For example, see the screenshot below:
third part image removed by moderator
Clearly, more interviews are on the line. Due to this I cannot foresee the situation improving, even in April.

I see that a number of people are speculating that the cutoff may come down. I think the only action apart from praying that some of us here could take is to ask their respective companies, and/or lawyers to write to the authorities such as IoD (institute of directors), or MPs or something/someone else to describe the situation.
One possible solution is exempting the NHS nurses from the monthly quota. The other possible solution is removing nurses from the shortage occupation list (this would ensure that they are not given unfair advantage with very high points, and compete with the rest of the pool on a fair basis.)

I am pretty sure that some of the people who have been refused due to low number of points are extremely critical to the survival of their companies.These smaller companies cannot increase their salaries due to operating constraints. If these companies write to the concerned people, who knows something positive might come out.

I also see that a number of people have a lot at stake (especially those who have previously worked here and have friends, colleagues and a lot of memories). I hope everyone, with points up to 21 get their CoSs approved.

thustha
Newly Registered
India

Post by thustha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Apologies if my post has confused anyone.
My agency confirmed that my points is 44. The reason for rejection is that my application did not score the minimum points set for this month's allocations.
They were not able to provide further information on the threshold set for this month. By logic, definitely it is more than 44.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm

lets all become nurses and apply next month via the NHS XD

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:01 pm

When a company applies for an RCOS, are the applicant details shared at this point or the only info provided is 1) Occupation, 2) Salary , 3) RLMT proofs?

As per my understanding, the applicant only comes under light after being handed the RCOS and goes to apply for a visa at the British embassy in their respective countries.

Whats the max number of times a company can re-apply for their desirable foreign candidate?

Tomy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Tomy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm

thustha wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm
My agency confirmed that my points is 44. The reason for rejection is that my application did not score the minimum points set for this month's allocations.
They were not able to provide further information on the threshold set for this month. By logic, definitely it is more than 44.
Do you know how the point is being calculated? For example last month cutoff point is 46 but I couldn't figure out how can be 46 if basing on salary ranges that someone posted previously in this topic.

cali1234
- thin ice -
Sri Lanka

Post by cali1234 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Tomy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm
thustha wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm
Do you know how the point is being calculated? For example last month cutoff point is 46 but I couldn't figure out how can be 46 if basing on salary ranges that someone posted previously in this topic.
actually the thing is no one can score between 46-49 points u can either score 45 or 50 , so the way I see it is 50 was the cut off but 46 was the number of points they put down to look good on paper

sptula
Member of Standing
India

Post by sptula » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm

That's wrong assumption.

46 points is possible.

Remember there is a clause, Milk-round under RLMT which given them 30 point instead of 20

Milk-Round + 36K salaray= 30+16=46 point

Hopefully, this clears

Tomy
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Tomy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm

sptula wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm
That's wrong assumption.

46 points is possible.

Remember there is a clause, Milk-round under RLMT which given them 30 point instead of 20

Hopefully, this clears
That's clear and make sense. Thank you.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Tomy wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:18 pm
sptula wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 pm
That's wrong assumption.

46 points is possible.

Hopefully, this clears
That's clear and make sense. Thank you.
for example my case RLMT is 20 and salary is 48K then points are 20+28 = 48 is that correct?