ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal withdrawn

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

funkeq
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement

Post by funkeq » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm

I applied for my wife and son settlement on 8th of November 2017, all supporting documents submitted to Sheffield, no acknowledgement letter and still yet to receive my supporting documents back from Home Office. Anyone experiencing the problem.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered

Re: Acknowledgement

Post by waitingforspouse » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:54 pm

Did you put in a prepaid envelope?
Mine took quite a bit of time too, about a couple of months before paperwork was sent back.
I wouldn't worry about it. They have a huge backlog and are under a lot of pressure.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement

Post by funkeq » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 am

Hi
Please I did an application settlement visa for my wife and son.
Biometric done-8th of November 2017.
All supporting documents posted to Sheffield on 8th of November 2017.
Documents received on 9th of November 2017.
Not heard anything or information or acknowledgement from HO.
Please anyone facing the same problem.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Email

Post by funkeq » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi guys
I applied for settlement visa for my wife and son on 8th of November 2017. My wife received text and email stating the application is ready for collection. My worry is this, we did not receive any email or call saying we should pay IHS for my son.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:24 pm

So what was the outcome?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:24 pm
So what was the outcome?
Settlement visa for wife and son was refuse.

First point of HO:
That the WhatsApp chat we submitted was a month before our wedding that doesn't show there was a relationship before the wedding.
Answer- we also submitted call log of a year before the wedding.

Second point of HO:
That the pictures we submitted was not dated.
Answer- we have not come across anywhere which states that the pictures have to be dated.

Third point of HO: That my son birth certificate was issued after 5 years after his birth.

Answer- In my country Nigeria, you can get your birth certificate anytime you want. And the reason why we got his birth certificate was because it is needed for him to be able to get his Passport.

Those are the points.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Ah damn, was the birth certificate in English and also are you thinking of appeal or re-apply?

Did you include any other documents to prove genuine relationship, such as airplane tickets, gifts etc?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

funkeq
Newly Registered

Appeal withdrawn

Post by funkeq » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Settlement visa refuse on 06/02/2018
Appealed on 3/03/2018
Just got this email from the home office after appealing.

I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 06/02/2018 to refuse your application. Pursuant to Tribunal Procedure Rule 17(2) I respectfully request that this appeal is treated as withdrawn. This request for withdrawal is in order for a recommendation to be sent to the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to overturn the refusal decision and grant Entry Clearance. The reason for this is that you have submitted new evidence of your relationship with your sponsor, Mr xxxx xxxxa.If the withdrawal of the appeal is granted, we will advise the Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided. They will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take. This letter is being copied to the Tribunal. Yours sincerely,MLECOInternational Casework and Quality Assurance Team (ICQAT) cc Immigration and Asylum Tribunal Decision Making Centre – Sheffield

Hamzaali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Appeal withdrawn

Post by Hamzaali » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi dear ,
I am also suffering same situation and got email of withdrawan from international caseworker and quality. Plz tell me that what is next ??when did u get letter or something what will be next ?
I will wait for your reply
Thanks