ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Reunion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

ILR for son under 18

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:06 am

I am a Turkish National and I have ILR.
My son lives in Istanbul and he is under 18. How can I apply for ILR for him.

Note: I am totally new to this board. Please direct me so I am not breaking any rules and wasting peoples time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for son under 18

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:09 am

Topic moved to the Family immigration sub forum.

Where is the child's mother??

How old is the child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:10 am

Who is he living with?
Where is his other parent?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:16 am

CR001 wrote:Topic moved to the Family immigration sub forum.

Where is the child's mother??

How old is the child?
Child is leaving in Istanbul with mother. We are still married but my wife cannot leave Istanbul because she dependent mother & brother.

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:21 am

vinny wrote:Who is he living with?
Where is his other parent?
They are leaving in Istanbul. My wife can not leave there because of a dependant mother. He is 14,5 years old
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:22 am

Unlikely the child will be granted a visa if the mother is not applying at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:27 am

CR001 wrote:Unlikely the child will be granted a visa if the mother is not applying at the same time.
After checking SET-F_11 form I thought this could be done..
My wife agrees with me and they live on my support

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:32 am

Set F is only possible if the child is in the UK. You cannot apply for this from Turkey.

As a child who is a teenager, the child will be expected to have some residence before qualifying for ILR.

Makes no difference if mother agrees. The requirement from Home Office is that you MUST prove sole responsibility to bring a child if the other parent is not also applying. This is not possible if the child lives with his mother and you are married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:34 am

See sole responsibility link below.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:41 am

CR001 wrote:Set F is only possible if the child is in the UK. You cannot apply for this from Turkey.

As a child who is a teenager, the child will be expected to have some residence before qualifying for ILR.

Makes no difference if mother agrees. The requirement from Home Office is that you MUST prove sole responsibility to bring a child if the other parent is not also applying. This is not possible if the child lives with his mother and you are married.
Wife has 10 years son has 5 years tourist visa I thought I could apply from when he is here using SET F. They come to Uk rather often. I travel a lot half of the year I am in with them in Istanbul.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50 am

You still need to prove sole responsibility.
Requirements for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom

298. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the United Kingdom are that he:
(i) is seeking to remain with a parent, parents or a relative in one of the following circumstances:
(a) both parents are present and settled in the United Kingdom; or
(b) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and the other parent is dead; or
(c) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing or the child normally lives with this parent and not their other parent; or
(d) one parent or a relative is present and settled in the United Kingdom and there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the child undesirable and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care; and
(ii) has or has had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom, and
(a) is under the age of 18; or
(b) was given leave to enter or remain with a view to settlement under paragraph 302 or Appendix FM; or
(c) was admitted into the UK in accordance with paragraph 319R and has completed a period of 2 years limited leave as the child of a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now present and settled in the UK or as the child of a former refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now a British Citizen, or
(d) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom in accordance with paragraph 319X, as the child of a relative with limited leave to remain as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection in the United Kingdom and who is now present and settled here; or
(e) was last given limited leave to remain under paragraph 298A; and
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:You still need to prove sole responsibility.
Requirements for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom

298. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the United Kingdom are that he:
(i) is seeking to remain with a parent, parents or a relative in one of the following circumstances:
(b) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and the other parent is dead; or
(c) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing or the child normally lives with this parent and not their other parent; or
(d) one parent or a relative is present and settled in the United Kingdom and there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the child undesirable and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care; and
(b) was given leave to enter or remain with a view to settlement under paragraph 302 or Appendix FM; or
(c) was admitted into the UK in accordance with paragraph 319R and has completed a period of 2 years limited leave as the child of a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now present and settled in the UK or as the child of a former refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now a British Citizen, or
(d) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom in accordance with paragraph 319X, as the child of a relative with limited leave to remain as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection in the United Kingdom and who is now present and settled here; or
What happens if we get a court decision saying that my wife is passing to me the sole responsibility of my child and agrees that child lives with me in UK.

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:03 pm

bahriok wrote:
CR001 wrote:You still need to prove sole responsibility.

What happens if we get a court decision saying that my wife is passing to me the sole responsibility of my child and agrees that child lives with me in UK.
By the way we got married in UK and child was born in Turkey 15 years after I got my ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 pm

bahriok wrote:
bahriok wrote:What happens if we get a court decision saying that my wife is passing to me the sole responsibility of my child and agrees that child lives with me in UK.
By the way we got married in UK and child was born in Turkey 15 years after I got my ILR.
It isn't as simple as that if you are still married. You cannot manipulate things to suit your needs. HO is not stupid.

The child being born in Turkey after you got ILR means nothing in terms of immigration rules. If child had been born in the UK, child would have been British automatically if you had ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
bahriok wrote:
bahriok wrote:What happens if we get a court decision saying that my wife is passing to me the sole responsibility of my child and agrees that child lives with me in UK.
It isn't as simple as that if you are still married. You cannot manipulate things to suit your needs. HO is not stupid.

The child being born in Turkey after you got ILR means nothing in terms of immigration rules. If child had been born in the UK, child would have been British automatically if you had ILR.

IT IS VERY CLEAR. Mt mistake was I got married in UK but kid was born outside. As you pointed out our only option is apply as family union from Istanbul wife can come back to Istanbul and check mother once a month .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:36 pm

If you apply for a settlement visa for both your son and wife, they will need to travel to the UK within 30 days of visa issue and collect the biometric residence permits. Your wife can then travel freely but should maintain the UK as her home.

She will need English A1 and you must meet the financial requirement of £22,400pa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm

bahriok wrote:
CR001 wrote:
bahriok wrote:

IT IS VERY CLEAR. Mt mistake was I got married in UK but kid was born outside. As you pointed out our only option is apply as family union from Istanbul wife can come back to Istanbul and check mother once a month .

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Family Reunion

Post by bahriok » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi

Last year I got your advise about bringing my son to UK using (SET F) but I was told that it was impossible.
Today situation is change. My wifes mother died last month and I can apply for both of them.

My situation. I have ILR and back to UK.
Family: I married my wife in UK 15 years ago,
My son who is under 18 was born in UK
They both lived in Turkey and son is going to secondary school.

There are many SET forms I am really confused what to use.
Thanks already

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family Reunion

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm

There are many SET forms I am really confused what to use.
You cannot use any of the SET forms for applications outside the UK and they cannot apply for ILR from Turkey.

You will have to apply for a spouse and child settlement visa (child might get ILE if UK born), using form VAF4A and you must meet the income requirements and wife will need English A1 test form an HO approved test provider. You will also need to prove adequate accommodation.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Thank a lot. Unfortunately we were married in Uk but son was born outside UK.
I do understand that mother & Son apply from Turkey using VF4A. Are they going to use the same application form or they will apply seperately?

I am not working currently working but we own 3 properties jointly with my wife. We live in one of them and get around 40K rent a year. I do not use any public funds and never claimed any benefit. I was working abroad till last year and I have a bank account abroad + plus an account in UK where rental money goes in it.

thanks

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 pm

bahriok wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm
and get around 40K rent a year.
Can you prove this by HMRC documents?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 am

Thanks

Yes I can we Ihave two contracts and money is paid into my bank account.,
I also have 80K savings account.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 am

bahriok wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 am
Thanks

Yes I can we Ihave two contracts and money is paid into my bank account.,
I also have 80K savings account.
Have you got evidence that your rental income was declared to the UK tax authorities and tax paid. That is what the user is asking.

How long have you held the savings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bahriok
inactive
Mood:
Turkey

Post by bahriok » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:18 pm

We have started getting rent from both properties since May 2017. This April it will all be declared to Tax authorities. My bnak account is around 30 years old. Balance is over 50K since June 2017. We are planning to apply this summer. Regards

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 pm

You say you have ILR, were you a naturalised british citizen before your child was born?
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease