ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General- Dependant visa Child born in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tabima
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General- Dependant visa Child born in UK

Post by tabima » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi all,

I am a Tier 2 General Migrant and living with my wife and 6 months old son. My ILR is due by end of this year Dec 2018. My son was born in Aug 2017 and we have applied and received his Indian passport, but we haven't yet applied for a dependant visa for him.

Can someone please help me with the following questions;

• Is it advisable/mandatory to apply for Tier 2 dependant visa for my son as we are not planning to leave UK until my ILR is due by Dec 2018? OR would you rather advice me to wait until my ILR is processed and directly apply for his citizenship? What I am worried is he will be 1yr 6 months old by the time my ILR is processed and would like to know if there will be any issues/questions asked while applying for his citizenship for not having a visa for a long time.

• How about paying immigration NHS surcharge for my child? Is it only required to be paid if we are apply for Tier-2 dependant visa for him?

Highly appreciate your help and assistance on this in advance. Thanks

Kind Regards,

Tabim

tabima
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General- Dependant visa Child born in UK

Post by tabima » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 am

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if someone can provide a response to this question.

Thank you.
Tabim.