ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Mal111 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 am

porig passport lol :mrgreen: i meant orig passport

the_pious
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by the_pious » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

These delays are unreasonable: I believe that is about time somebody takes this matter to court. There is a precedence for that. As mentioned in the following link, EU law requires the processing to be completed in 6 months.

http://www.thejournal.ie/high-court-all ... 5-Jun2012/

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

the pious: I think your on a wrong topic this is not eu visa its irish citizenship
thanks

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 pm

hi malll .
as u said u have applied in 2016 did u inquire recently by sending them mail or call ? and what the reply did u got from department ?
actually i have also applied my citizenship in feb 2016 ..since then many time emailed them and called them same answer ..continues to be processed ..but last week i called them spoke to the lady i was told my file has been sent to the minister for submission .and my application is on last stage .any one have any idea how long more it takes after file has been sent to minster for submission ?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:34 pm

mh123 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:53 pm
hi malll .
as u said u have applied in 2016 did u inquire recently by sending them mail or call ? and what the reply did u got from department ?
actually i have also applied my citizenship in feb 2016 ..since then many time emailed them and called them same answer ..continues to be processed ..but last week i called them spoke to the lady i was told my file has been sent to the minister for submission .and my application is on last stage .any one have any idea how long more it takes after file has been sent to minster for submission ?
I think now whenever the minister gets a chance to review your application and make a decision, hopefully, he'll approve your application. So you might be included in the next ceremony. That's what the ''Last Stage'' should mean (technically speaking)... You can also drop them a quick email to inquire what this ''Last Stage'' really means.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am

Folks,
Anyone got an update recently on his application. It seems that they started sending some approvals. I have received the second stage letter for the second time last week today :evil: :evil:
What is the latest update you got from INIS?

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am

Syjem wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am
Folks,
Anyone got an update recently on his application. It seems that they started sending some approvals. I have received the second stage letter for the second time last week today :evil: :evil:
What is the latest update you got from INIS?
I received an email response on Friday (09/02/2018) saying my application continues to be processed (no surprise there) but I am hopeful after seeing someone on here update the 2017 timeline thread who has a similar time frame to me. However I also have a suspicion that I may not be as lucky as I am dual British national and I think since the Brexit related increase in applications they have a special (separate) pile for those applications and they are taking longer. Fingers crossed I will be proved wrong!

I'm sorry to hear you received your second stage letter twice, that must be very frustrating!

Application Based On: British / American Citizen, Civil Partner of Irish Citizen, 3 years residency (have lived in Ireland 22 years though!)
Applied On: 19th Jan, 2017
Application Received On: 20th Jan, 2017
Acknowledgement: (Dated) 31st Jan, 2016 (Received) 3rd Feb, 2017
Original Passport Returned On: 3rd Feb, 2017
Second Letter: 7th September 2017
Approval Letter: Pending

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am

chels wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am
I received an email response on Friday (09/02/2018) saying my application continues to be processed (no surprise there) but I am hopeful after seeing someone on here update the 2017 timeline thread who has a similar time frame to me. However I also have a suspicion that I may not be as lucky as I am dual British national and I think since the Brexit related increase in applications they have a special (separate) pile for those applications and they are taking longer. Fingers crossed I will be proved wrong!

I'm sorry to hear you received your second stage letter twice, that must be very frustrating!

Application Based On: British / American Citizen, Civil Partner of Irish Citizen, 3 years residency (have lived in Ireland 22 years though!)
Applied On: 19th Jan, 2017
Application Received On: 20th Jan, 2017
Acknowledgement: (Dated) 31st Jan, 2016 (Received) 3rd Feb, 2017
Original Passport Returned On: 3rd Feb, 2017
Second Letter: 7th September 2017
Approval Letter: Pending
This topic/thread is for delayed applications submitted in 2016 and NOT in 2017. Kindly refrain from posting in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TMM1305
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by TMM1305 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 pm

With all due respect to the moderator, this thread is NOT a 2016 timeline thread, but about a delay in Citizenship. So should people not be able to post their timeline (whatever year) to help the poster? I feel this is getting a little heavy handed with the rules. Especially since this is not even a timelines thread but a question by a poster. I feel a lot of valuable information keeps being deleted because people are posting in 2017 instead of 2016 etc (even when they are approved in 2017 and much of their timeline is in 2017.) And I also feel the meat of the discussion is unfortunately getting lost in the endless rule posting by moderators.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:51 pm

I specifically named that topic ''applied in 2016'' so people who apply in only 2016 discuss there delay and issues reason behind it to ensure the topic don't get very lengthy and over crowed by people applied in different years and members will not be able to easily find the information they needed also it stop the topic from derail from its track

your very welcome to open new topic for 2017 applicants.

consider this as a filtering mechanism rather then going through endless post to find info which might not be there you can look into the topic and see if information in it is relevant to you or not.
thanks

TMM1305
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by TMM1305 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 pm

That’s fine. But the topic seemed to be aimed at delays on my estimation, (not the particular year.) Day after day, I am seeing quite useful information deleted because it’s not in the right format or the correct year. Sorry that you are waiting, but there are lots of us here all waiting and looking for information. Your topic does not say only 2016, but that YOU applied in 2016. Perhaps be more clear in the title if you don’t want discussions from anyone except 2016. I can see them complaining about the timeline posts, but not this one honestly.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

With all due respect to the moderator, this thread is NOT a 2016 timeline thread, but about a delay in Citizenship. So should people not be able to post their timeline (whatever year) to help the poster? I feel this is getting a little heavy handed with the rules. Especially since this is not even a timelines thread but a question by a poster. I feel a lot of valuable information keeps being deleted because people are posting in 2017 instead of 2016 etc (even when they are approved in 2017 and much of their timeline is in 2017.)
There is a 2016 timeline already, for timeline updates. This topic is specifically for delays for those who applied in 2016 as the OP already stated. Not sure what 'valuable information' you refer to that keeps getting deleted?
And I also feel the meat of the discussion is unfortunately getting lost in the endless rule posting by moderators.
There are only 2 of us actively moderating the Ireland sub forum and trying to avoid the repeat of 100s of previous topics that ran into thousands of pages of low value chit chat, sneaking personal contact info in cryptic message and nonsense questions etc. Specific topics across all sub forums were created to keep things on track and make it easily readable for members searching for specific information without having to scroll through pages and pages of fluff posts.

We seem to be damned if we do and damned if we don't as members complain when topics go off the rails and give that moderators are unpaid volunteers, we only do our best but obviously can't please everyone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hina2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hina2018 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am

amwaraich wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
The best option is to seek legal advice. I applied in Aug 2016 and my application was not moving a bit ever since. I met a solicitor and after his letters to citizenship my application has been submitted to minister and now I am waiting for decision.

I made a number of calls but to no avail. I even went to my local TD three times but same standard copy/paste response was sent to TD as well.

My solicitor sent a letter in Oct 2017 and I got response after 3 weeks that my application is being prepared for submission to minister. After 5 weeks in Dec 2017 my solicitor sent another letter asking for an update but no response. He sent a reminder and got response on 12 Jan that my application has been submitted to minister and as they get a response they will let us know.

So if someone has been waiting for more than 1 year and they still getting standard copy/paste responses, in my opinion they should seek legal advice. I know it will cost you money but at least you will get a proper response from citizenship.

I hope it will help someone.

can you please give details about solicitor please

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 am

Guys here is what i see a bit like what mall111 , from my work experience in banking compliance.

Some time we kind off re-trigger people accounts and get them processed under new guidelines. In fact the change of form is not just a change of paper its usually the result of a change of the way applications are processed.

I am kind of thinking they decided to kind of your re-trigger old form applications within the new process (guidelines). But i hope they fast track it.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am

true!
any application that they had in process (before submitted to minister dept) when the new form was introduced in Aug. 2016 they all had to be re process In line with the new applications therefore the request of orig passports from people who applied before Aug. 2016.

this is what I think might be wrong.

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am
true!
any application that they had in process (before submitted to minister dept) when the new form was introduced in Aug. 2016 they all had to be re process In line with the new applications therefore the request of orig passports from people who applied before Aug. 2016.

this is what I think might be wrong.
hi maal ..
i dont think so this is the case that they reprocess the application wich applied on old form ..one of my friend applied in early 2016 old form he got his approvel in last ceremony .he was never asked to submit his orignel passport .. i have also applied in
start of 2016 ..i have not been asked for orignel passports .not yet anyway .bcoz i havnt got approvel yet ..
and 1 inquiry about my application if somone has similer situation .i called department to inquire about my status of application 2 weeks ago .i was told my application is on last stage and has been sent to minister for submission ..and then after i send them them email just 2 days ago .and i got response bak that my application is being prepared to submit to the minster ..

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Im usually not happy when im wrong but ur response did put a smile on my face im glad i might be wrong because it will extremely delay applications!

i just thought depending on where your application is in terms of stages they re process it with new form requirements, now may be you and your friend had his application in an advance stages hence they didn't want to go through the whole process ( just guessing here)

i read members here who applied using an old form before aug 2016 were asked in mid 2017 to submit there orig passport syjm is one of them.

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm

my pleasure ..its just my personel expreince which i shared .does not mean to prove anyone wrong .even i have read ur posts .very usefull and got knowledge and information from ur and other peoples who shares there experince here ..

Volkanerinamira
Turkey

Post by Volkanerinamira » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:00 pm

I applied in Aug 2016 and actually when I send off my application old style one the new form was already out but I had already it all filled in and signed by witnesses and solicitor that I said to myself noway am I now doing it all again so I sent it off as the old style. It was accepted ok as it was o my 2 weeks past the date the new one came out.
Last year I was asked to submit my original passport but contact them and told them that my passport was now expired and I wasn't renewing it that they may just withdraw my application.
I got a letter back saying the because my passport was in date at the time of application that they would accept it and to send it anyway so I sent it off and they send it back a few weeks later.

I'm still waiting now on a decision and I fingers crossed hoping to be in next ceremony, last contact I had with them was 2 weeks ago when they asked me to send them a Arco police certificate. Which I done cost me 45 pound but came back all clear so I sent it off to them and got an acknowledgement back that they had recieved it.

I hope we start to hear of approvals coming in soon

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

hina2018 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am
I wish I could write it here but I am sorry it is against the rules to post solicitors names/addresses.

In my opinion you can contact any solicitor who deals with immigration matters.

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 pm

I have read the latest posts and I am wondering if my application will be approved because I also applied in mid August 2016 but I was never asked to send my passport. :?

hina2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hina2018 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:52 pm

amwaraich wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm
hina2018 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 am
I wish I could write it here but I am sorry it is against the rules to post solicitors names/addresses.

In my opinion you can contact any solicitor who deals with immigration matters.
can i send you personal message please

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm

amwaraich im sure ur file is moving if they needed your passport they would have asked by now there is a new ceremony on its way most likely end of april I think they will processed many applications that are from 2016 by then.
thanks

hina: I read your post getting a solicitor will not help at all you will just waist your money, such as my self many applicants who applied in 2016 are waiting be patient you will get it !

jollymolly1
Newly Registered

Post by jollymolly1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Naturalisation Based on Married to Irish Citizen living in Northern Ireland(island of Ireland)

Applied On:- 31 May 2016

Received On:- 1 June 2016

Acknowledgement received on :- 7 June 2016

Original Passport Returned:- 30 June 2016

Got leyter from processing team 2 dated 9th feb 2018. they are asking me if i can provide residence card or any official documentation showing my legal residence in northern ireland covering a period of 2 years between march 2011 and feburary 2015. but the thing is i didnt had a residence between 2011 to 2015, as i was married to irish national and according to law i didnt needed one as a family member of eu citizen. so i got my residence card eea2 in 2015. i have no idea what shall i send now. i emailed them and told them the same thing about Uk eu law that i didnt needed one to proof my residence that im legal. Any help would be greatfull thanks alot.

TMM1305
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by TMM1305 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

jollymolly1 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 pm
Naturalisation Based on Married to Irish Citizen living in Northern Ireland(island of Ireland)

Applied On:- 31 May 2016

Received On:- 1 June 2016

Acknowledgement received on :- 7 June 2016

Original Passport Returned:- 30 June 2016

Got leyter from processing team 2 dated 9th feb 2018. they are asking me if i can provide residence card or any official documentation showing my legal residence in northern ireland covering a period of 2 years between march 2011 and feburary 2015. but the thing is i didnt had a residence between 2011 to 2015, as i was married to irish national and according to law i didnt needed one as a family member of eu citizen. so i got my residence card eea2 in 2015. i have no idea what shall i send now. i emailed them and told them the same thing about Uk eu law that i didnt needed one to proof my residence that im legal. Any help would be greatfull thanks alot.
Someone in another thread from NI said they had the same issue. They said they just printed off the EU family treat you Rights on the Home Office Page and sent it in, and they accepted it. Sorry I tried to find which thread, but I can’t locate it.