ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years on Tier4 as student and dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alfann
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

10 years on Tier4 as student and dependent

Post by alfann » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi all,

I have been in UK 10 years.

I was for almost 7 years as student for English, Master and PhD, then I switched my visa from inside UK to be as a dependent on my wife's Tire 4 visa for the remaining 3 years. So the total is 10 years.

I never been out of UK for more than 90 days in one time, nor 540 days in total during the ten years.

Can I apply for Indefinite leave to Remain based on "You've been in the UK legally for 10 years (Long Residence)" from this link https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y

Waiting for your response please.

Casa

Re: 10 years on Tier4 as student and dependent

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:20 pm

alfann wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Hi all,

I have been in UK 10 years.

I was for almost 7 years as student for English, Master and PhD, then I switched my visa from inside UK to be as a dependent on my wife's Tire 4 visa for the remaining 3 years. So the total is 10 years.

I never been out of UK for more than 90 days in one time, nor 540 days in total during the ten years.

Can I apply for Indefinite leave to Remain based on "You've been in the UK legally for 10 years (Long Residence)" from this link https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y

Waiting for your response please.
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.