ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success Of Admin Review

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Extension/AR refused,Need Urgent help for fresh Application

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 am

Dear Sunbid

My Tier 1 extension has been refused today. And my refusal reason was same as you which is not having evidence of maintenance funds. I am 100% that I provided more than 4 months bank statement with enough funds. In addition to this, there is a covering letter which says that I provided the bank statements.

Can you please share your experience what and how did you go about addressing your refusal?

Thanks allot

tarun_shreeji

Re: Extension/AR refused,Need Urgent help for fresh Application

Post by tarun_shreeji » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:16 am

uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:49 am
Dear Sunbid

My Tier 1 extension has been refused today. And my refusal reason was same as you which is not having evidence of maintenance funds. I am 100% that I provided more than 4 months bank statement with enough funds. In addition to this, there is a covering letter which says that I provided the bank statements.

Can you please share your experience what and how did you go about addressing your refusal?

Thanks allot
When you apply for extantion ?
Please share your timeline
Nqf level 4 business

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 am

uak1 wrote:
Dear Sunbid

Thanks allot
You should be starting you own post.
Your case is very different from the OP anyway. OP only provided 85 days of statement, so had to submit a new application.
In your case, it appears to be an error on part of the CW. If you have referred to the documents in your cover letter and the document check section, then make sure you mention all that submit your AR application. The decision will probably be overturned in the AR.
What was the exact refusal wording - does it look like they missed the entire set of statements (i.e. you have not provided evidence) or that it was not maintained on some days ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am

Dear Marnath

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to start a new post.

The reason being is I have not received my refusal letter. The refusal and its reason has been enquired by my local MP via email

The home office is saying that they sent the refusal letter to my home address on the 6th Feb but I have not received it. Also usually they send letters to my solicitors so I do not know why they did not send the refusal letter to my solicitor.

My solicitor and local MP are chasing Home Office to provide the copy of the refusal letter. But the email of refusal to my MP says below.

The application was refused as he failed to score sufficient points under Appendix C: Maintenance (funds) paragraph 245DD(d). The applicant failed to provide specified documents to show that he was in possession of sufficient funds for the specified period.

As mentioned I provided 4 months bank statement with the correct amount of funds. So we are just waiting to see the actual refusal letter and actively chasing it. I will also be seeking help of legal advisers.

But any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am

uak1 wrote:
Dear Sunbid

Thanks allot
I personally think 1st you go through your all transactions by logging in your online banking, if you will be damn sure that everything is fine then go for AR and you will be approved in days.
If you balance was down even a single day then go for new application.

They send refusal letters using 2nd class recorded. Ask home office for tracking number, in the mean time check your house mates about a calling card left by Royal Mail.

When did you apply?

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 am

I have already gone through the bank statements. My balance was way more than the required maintenance amount. It was put in the bank account 5 months prior to the application submission. The account balance is still the same. I never touched that money.

I believe timeline is of great interest so I am posting it here. But I will greatly appreciate if the contributors can keep the focus on my query.

Tier 1 Ent Extension / £50 K route
Application submitted on 30 Jun 17
Received biometrics 28 July 17
Received complex case letter 7 Aug 17
Received partial refund of immigration health surcharge on 12 Feb 18
Informed by MP via email that my visa has been refused on the grounds of maintenance funds issue.
Still no sign of refusal letter. Home office says they sent the refusal letter with admin review right on the 6 Feb to my home address.
My solicitor and MP actively chasing home office to obtain a copy of refusal letter so we can decide way forward
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am

uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am
Dear Marnath

The application was refused as he failed to score sufficient points under Appendix C: Maintenance (funds) paragraph 245DD(d). The applicant failed to provide specified documents to show that he was in possession of sufficient funds for the specified period.

As mentioned I provided 4 months bank statement with the correct amount of funds. So we are just waiting to see the actual refusal letter and actively chasing it. I will also be seeking help of legal advisers.

It appears that they have missed the entire set of bank statements.

Unlikely the documents are lost. More likely, it was missed as it was amongst some other documents - such as the investment evidence.

Don't think you need to start worrying now. It is a hassle and stressful, but you should be successful with your AR.

For other readers, this is why it makes a lot of sense to clearly submit your documents in separate sections - like the example of an application you will see at the top of this forum.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 am

uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:38 am
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to start a new post.
Why are you not in a position to start a new topic? Please read the forum rules, particularly point 12 in the FAQs on forum rules (click)

Posts now split to its own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Success Of Admin Review

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am

Dear All,

I have been refused for tier 1 ent ext / £50 K route

I have not received the refusal letter but my local MP has been informed by Home Office, via email, that they have refused on the grounds of maintenance funds. Home Office email to MP goes as follows:

I am not sure how they refused my application as I had surplus funds for over 4 months before the date of application. There was no page missing on the bank statement/ BS was in correct order and date.

According to the home office, they wrote me about the refusal on the 6 Feb 18. So it seems like the letter is lost in the post or so. Also, it is unusual that they wrote to me as all other letters were sent to my solicitor.

My local MP and solicitor are actively chasing home office for another copy of the letter

My questions are:
- There is a time limit to apply for the admin review so if the letters are lost does that means that I will have no longer right to go for admin review? Or the time cycle for admin review does not start until refusal letter is received?
- What do you guys think of admin reviews? Are ARs useless? Any post of successful ARs will be helpful?
- What options are available after refusal such as AR, Judicial Review, Fresh application? Also does any of these options impact application for ILR?

I am taking legal help from solicitors but it will be helpful to get most from this forum too.

My timeline is as follows:
Informed by MP via email that my visa has been refused on the grounds of maintenance funds issue 16 feb 18

Thanks allot

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:11 am

uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:47 am
I have already gone through the bank statements. My balance was way more than the required maintenance amount. It was put in the bank account 5 months prior to the application submission. The account balance is still the same. I never touched that money.

I believe timeline is of great interest so I am posting it here. But I will greatly appreciate if the contributors can keep the focus on my query.

Informed by MP via email that my visa has been refused on the grounds of maintenance funds issue.
Still no sign of refusal letter. Home office says they sent the refusal letter with admin review right on the 6 Feb to my home address.
My solicitor and MP actively chasing home office to obtain a copy of refusal letter so we can decide way forward
Thanks
Exactly same thing happened with one more person when he was gone ILR same day appointment, he was told by the case worker that his entrepreneur visa was refused but after few days he was told the it was a mistake.
His visa was never refused.
Home office have very poor service these days.
There are few people who have visas but they are still waiting for their BRP.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Success Of Admin Review

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Official communication is via post. This has been said hundreds of times. If you have not received any refusal letter, any other sources should not be relied on.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:34 pm

if you are still maintaining funds in your account send them a statement via recorded delivery today , print out of online statments will do it. send them statement from the beggining you start maintianing the funds. May be your decesion is made but not signed and dated .

it will help you in AR as you sent documents before decesion date and would be considered if they claim you never sent statments

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm

uak1 wrote:

Thanks

You said that you never touched that money? This is a mistake which my friend did few years ago and his visa was refused as well for not maintaing enough funds

Basically, I will explain it in detail as it might help you
You deposit £1000 in your account on 1 Jan XXXX and you don’t touch it and think that on 31st March XXXX you have completed 90 days and print the statement out and send it over to them

Now just do print the statement again and see how it looks like? The 3 months statement will show that money was deposited on 1st Jan and thats it. In my friend’s case the case worker was confused as to whether the money was ever maintained or not because it didn’t show the transaction whether it was ever maintained or what was the destiny of that money? Because all that his statement showed was money transferred to the account and there were no further transactions(as money was never touched) to show it was maintained but was kind of a one off balance

I tried to explain as much as i could if it makes sense or helps but i tried

He sorted it out eventually though but long struggle

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:38 pm

That is exactly what happened in my case. Of course, we will assume that HO will not be confused by such a basic thing and of course I never had a problem in previous visa applications.

Will you be able to expand if your friend sorted it out through AR? Are AR any helpful with these kinds of errors etc. Which goes back to my original query

uak1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by uak1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 pm

It will be helpful if you can help with my queries which are

- There is a time limit to apply for the admin review so if the letters are lost does that means that I will have no longer right to go for admin review? Or the time cycle for admin review does not start until refusal letter is received?
- What do you guys think of admin reviews? Are ARs useless? Any post of successful ARs will be helpful?
- What options are available after refusal such as AR, Judicial Review, Fresh application? Also does any of these options impact application for ILR?

Thanks

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I dont remember how he sorted out. I think there were no AR’s at that time as it happened like 6/7 years ago but what I remember is that he had a solicitor who charged him exhorbitant fee to sort it out for him

About the time limit as in when your deadline expires, I am not sure about that. I think if you call visa helpline they will be able to guide you better (in best case scenario they can tell you if your application has been decided or not as someone pointed that this info is not something to be relied on 100%) and might be able to help you with timeframe

There had been many successes in AR (search the forum) for mistakes by case workers and I think this can be over turned easily. Also it will buy you sometime to prepare new application

JR is a very likely possibility but it’s expensive to go to this route

Fresh application would be best if AR is turned down but I think you will be okay with AR as you can ask for evidential flexibility on which other members can guide you better or you can read their posts in other topics

nevergiveup88
India

Post by nevergiveup88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Uak1 Dont shoot arrow in the dark , first wait for the Refusal letter , read it and they you can seek advice from from professional Solictor. I would say No point discussing anything without knowing the fact of refusal .

Momi

Post by Momi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:15 pm

10020132 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:17 pm
uak1 wrote:

Thanks

You said that you never touched that money? This is a mistake which my friend did few years ago and his visa was refused as well for not maintaing enough funds

Basically, I will explain it in detail as it might help you
You deposit £1000 in your account on 1 Jan XXXX and you don’t touch it and think that on 31st March XXXX you have completed 90 days and print the statement out and send it over to them

Now just do print the statement again and see how it looks like? The 3 months statement will show that money was deposited on 1st Jan and thats it. In my friend’s case the case worker was confused as to whether the money was ever maintained or not because it didn’t show the transaction whether it was ever maintained or what was the destiny of that money? Because all that his statement showed was money transferred to the account and there were no further transactions(as money was never touched) to show it was maintained but was kind of a one off balance

I tried to explain as much as i could if it makes sense or helps but i tried

He sorted it out eventually though but long struggle
No. It's wrong. I did the same thing in psw and initial application and I got visas.
OP I think you should wait for the post.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 pm

uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:38 pm
That is exactly what happened in my case. Of course, we will assume that HO will not be confused by such a basic thing and of course I never had a problem in previous visa applications.

Will you be able to expand if your friend sorted it out through AR? Are AR any helpful with these kinds of errors etc. Which goes back to my original query
It should not matter. Your statement will have the balance as of the date of printing. And if there are no transactions between the 1st date and printing, it is clear the balance is maintained throughout.

I assume some solicitor made some money in the example quoted by 10020132.

Don't get yourself worked up on that.

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:54 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 pm
Official communication is via post. This has been said hundreds of times. If you have not received any refusal letter, any other sources should not be relied on.
Deat Zimbaa
This is very strange thing happend here that HO communicated if so, to home address wheras if the communication address is solicitor’s, do u think HO will take responsibility or acceept any liabilities that they have already been told to communicate to solicitors
The point is that this can happen to anyone and if the letter is not received at home because of so and so reson (thats why everyone prefers to be communicated through solicitor) and you loose your 14 days period of AR.. do u not think this is alarming

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:52 pm

When you choose to use a solicitor, you agree to trust them and accept the risk that they might be incompetent, fail to communicate effectively, fail to send the rights documents, give bad advice, etc. It is your choice and HO should not be held responsible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 am

marcnath wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 pm
uak1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:38 pm

It should not matter. Your statement will have the balance as of the date of printing. And if there are no transactions between the 1st date and printing, it is clear the balance is maintained throughout.

I assume some solicitor made some money in the example quoted by 10020132.

Don't get yourself worked up on that.
I think that you are generalising here. I have accounts in different banks and the way “marnath” is saying happens in barclys bank but not in lloyds bank. So the closing balance thing does not happen with every account for sure

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:04 am

Saeedjansaeed wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:54 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:23 pm
Deat Zimbaa
This is very strange thing happend here that HO communicated if so, to home address wheras if the communication address is solicitor’s, do u think HO will take responsibility or acceept any liabilities that they have already been told to communicate to solicitors
The point is that this can happen to anyone and if the letter is not received at home because of so and so reson (thats why everyone prefers to be communicated through solicitor) and you loose your 14 days period of AR.. do u not think this is alarming
There have been many cases on this forum where Home Office sent the letter of any form of communication or refusal letter in some circumstances to solicitors address where as they failed to communicate with the client Within the timeframe and it was client who had to suffer. ( you can search in the form)

So I think its best if you go to the bottom of it as soon as you can

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 pm

My sincere advise to you are 2
1. Since you have not recieved a refusal letter, write HO through the sheffield address and explain your situation in a very simple but precise way, quote your case ID etc. Make a copy of the statement and let them know you maintained the expected amount for the expected period. Also possibly send the copy of the refusal email along.
2. Call HO everyday to follow up on your issue after the letter. It is as serious as that.
Bizman

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:46 am

Hi,
Did you hear anything from UKVI.
Did you try to contact home office.
If your application is not decided it’s good to make small transaction on your bank and send the updated bank statement.
Thanks