ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I overstay my visa while I'm waiting for a new one?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jmaes25
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can I overstay my visa while I'm waiting for a new one?

Post by jmaes25 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi all, I've been in Ireland for the last two years, first studying and then on a third level graduate visa. The graduate visa runs out soon and I've been working on getting a critical skills employment permit so I can stay here.

I had my original application submitted with plenty of time to spare, but the thing is my employer made a mistake while filling it out so unfortunately it was rejected. We've resubmitted to correct the mistake, but now it looks like my visa won't be processed by the time my current one runs out!

I'm having trouble finding information online about what I should do in this situation. Is it ok if I stay in the country while waiting for the new visa? Even if the visa arrives in time, I also need to have an appointment with the garda immigration bureau and the waiting times are very long. Would it be ok to stay in the country if the visa is accepted in time but I haven't had my garda appointment?

If anyone knows how all this works or could point me in the direction of some site that explains it I'd really appreciate it, this has all been causing me a lot of stress over the last few weeks!!

ariel_
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Can I overstay my visa while I'm waiting for a new one?

Post by ariel_ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 pm

You posted this on Sept. Did you fix it and what did you do? I am facing exactly the same problem for myself now so could you tell me what you did?

Thanks a million !!!

kenfreeman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by kenfreeman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Really wish there are people on this forum who have relevant information to some of these questions. So many people find themselves in similar situations yet with no solutions. Please did you guys find a way around it? Kindly share.

Thanks.

jmaes25
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jmaes25 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:08 am

I'm pretty sure it would not have been technically legal for me to stay in the situation I described. Luckily I was able to get the resubmitted visa processed before the date I would have had to leave the country. Best of luck, it's not a nice situation to be in.