ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born before ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kenaliz
Newly Registered
Wales

Baby born before ILR

Post by Kenaliz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 am

Hello, I am going through the MN1 form and in 1.3, it is asking for the date when the child was granted ILR, do we need to apply her first for ILR before applying for registration as a British citizen? She was born in the UK and we will soon be applying for our own ILR but we intend not to include her and just apply her for registration as British once we get our ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby born before ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:09 am

Leave 1.3 blank. UK born children DO NOT require ILR first to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Baby born before ILR

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:10 am

Note that it's a conditional question.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.