ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did I miss the ILR application date?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Did I miss the ILR application date?

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 am

Well done.

Only send what is asked for. Fine to carry a few extra bits in case asked for, but they will want to see the specifid documents per the form/guidance/rules.

Yes Ancestry visa is a work visa but there is no requirement that you must have worked for the entire duration of your visa from the minute you arrived here.

Surprisingly you might say, but HO is not 'unreasonable' :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:48 am
Well done.

Only send what is asked for. Fine to carry a few extra bits in case asked for, but they will want to see the specifid documents per the form/guidance/rules.

Yes Ancestry visa is a work visa but there is no requirement that you must have worked for the entire duration of your visa from the minute you arrived here.

Surprisingly you might say, but HO is not 'unreasonable' :wink:
Thank you so much for this, it's very reassuring, especially since my HR has been rubbing in my face about my visa expiring and the offence it carries, and the horror stories I heard from my colleagues of people getting carried away by security :S It does nothing for my nerves!!!

32flavours
Newly Registered

>.<

Post by 32flavours » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Posting my ILR application in two days :S

I have all my documents ready. I suppose my last and only worry, still, is the proof of lineage because my story is complicating. All I have to send are, again, my granddad's and dad's birth/death certificates, and some emails between me and my granddad.

Since I already have my ancestry visa, does it make sense for them to refuse me based on lack of evidence of ancestry? I mean, can they actually do that despite me already being here by ancestry?

Am I just worrying for the sake of worrying :S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:13 pm

You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:13 pm
You are overthinking.
*Breathes*

CR001 if there was ever a way to do so, I would send you a thank you card and a giant cake, honestly!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:45 pm

:D Cake yes please :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 pm

Are you serious? Cos if you are, I am :D x

As an Ancestry visa holder, should i tick 12B (Employment not requiring a work permit)?
I am providing the letters from my employers and their statements/payslips, but I'm not sure if I should tick it only cos I'm not sure if the ancestry visa doesn't require a work permit. I'm kinda talking in circles I think, I hope I'm making sense..

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 am

Posted it and very glad to get rid of it. Sent on the 8th and payment debited on the 13th.

Hopefully I'll get this out and done with as soon as possible, hoping to move by June :/

I'll update the timeline thread once the process is complete. :) :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:15 am

Great stuff. Keep us updated of the outcome and hopefully you hear back soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:45 pm

I received the letter for biomets enrollment last Friday and promptly went on Monday to get it done.
Unfortunately the only kiosk available in York was down --- I was quite disgusted with the customer service I received; There was no apology, no helpful information dispensed, they (the post office staff) won't even have the courtesy of checking where the nearest kiosk available was on their systems. So I had to garner a friend who was online at the time to check for me, as I was undeterred and when I wanted something done I'm gonna get it done, lol.

Sent my biomets that Monday at Leeds.
Now it's the wait....