ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zadaswabiyum
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR long residence - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Post by Zadaswabiyum » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi everyone
just registered my account to share my good news with u all
By the grace of Allah I’ve received my ilr today
My timeline was as follows
Tier 1 extension on 29th June 2017
Bio metric done on 25th July 2017
Varied my application to ilr on 18th jan at Sheffield PSC handed out further checks letter on the counter and been told by the lady that it will take upto two weeks to do Further checks
And Received BRP today
Alhamdulillah
My tier1 partner varied his application to ilr on 3rd November 2017 at croydon PSC he got the same letter and he’s still waiting I guess the workload is a bit too much on croydon
Thank u all

Zadaswabiyum
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: ILR long residence - varied my Tier 1 Ent ext

Post by Zadaswabiyum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi Seniors,

I have successfully varied application and got ILR on 10 yrs long residency. But now problem is my dependent wife and child (born in uk) application are still on tier-1 entrepreneur dependent.

I have received a letter from HO for my dependent stating that your sponsor has varied application to 10 yrs long residency, and further HO asking my spouse that Have u varied application? or do you want us to continue considering your application as tier-1 entrepreneur dependent? . They have given my wife time to let them know before end of Feb 2018.

Now my question are:

1) If i dont switch tier 1 entrepreneur dependent application for my wife and child, will it be refused?
and in case if they HO dont refuse, how long my wife visa would be (she has been living with me since 1st visa of tier 1 entrepreneur)

2) Can i go for my child passport? as i have got ILR (one parent got ilr now)

3) Some solicitor saying me to change spouse route asap and fill form FLR-M with financial requirement for my wife and my child (£23000 something, which i have already including me and my wife salaries per anum)?

Waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 am

Hi Zadaswabiyum,

Congrats on your ILR approval.

I have had pretty much the same timeline and got my visa approved on 4 Feb and received the ILR BRP and documents by 8th Feb

The interesting thing is that I have still not received my T1E documents and my passports back. I have been caling the HO everyday but all in vain.

Have you received your T1E documents and passports back?

Sorry for asking a question rather than helping you with your question but I am single and don't know anything about spouse visas etc

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 am

Zadaswabiyum wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Hi Seniors,

I have successfully varied application and got ILR on 10 yrs long residency. But now problem is my dependent wife and child (born in uk) application are still on tier-1 entrepreneur dependent.

I have received a letter from HO for my dependent stating that your sponsor has varied application to 10 yrs long residency, and further HO asking my spouse that Have u varied application? or do you want us to continue considering your application as tier-1 entrepreneur dependent? . They have given my wife time to let them know before end of Feb 2018.

Now my question are:

1) If i dont switch tier 1 entrepreneur dependent application for my wife and child, will it be refused?
and in case if they HO dont refuse, how long my wife visa would be (she has been living with me since 1st visa of tier 1 entrepreneur)
Yes it will. She can only apply on FLR(M) if you got ILR based on long residence. FLR(M) will reset her clock and she will have to wait a new 5 years period before applying for ILR. The rules don't allow her to extend her PBS dependent visa.

2) Can i go for my child passport? as i have got ILR (one parent got ilr now) Your child is NOT British so doesn't qualify for a passport directly. You must register the child as British on form MN1 under Section 1(3) of the nationality act.

3) Some solicitor saying me to change spouse route asap and fill form FLR-M with financial requirement for my wife and my child (£23000 something, which i have already including me and my wife salaries per anum)? Yes, you must vary your wifes application as soon as possible.
Write a covering letter that you will be registering your UK born child as British under section 1(3). You then only need £18,600pa income requirement for the spouse visa.

Waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.