ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility for TIER2 (General) dependant partner

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virtual7887
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility for TIER2 (General) dependant partner

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi,

I have been informed by some friends and also by some posts on immigration boards about recent rules change, which I could not grasp fully and confidently.

Background:
I am on Tier2 General visa from 30 Oct 2013, renewed in Oct 2016 for further 3 years. (total 6 years)

My Wife got her Tier 2 Dependant visa on 29 Dec 2014. renewed along with mine for further 3 years (end date Oct 2019).
  • Dec-14 to Dec 15 - out of UK for 45 days
    Dec-15 to Dec 16 - out of UK for 116 days
    Dec-16 to Dec 17 - out of UK for 117 days
    Dec-17 to Dec 18 - out of UK for 129 days (as of today and still counting)
She will be eligible for ILR in Dec 19.

Questions:

She is currently out of UK for 4 months from 1 Nov 17 until now, and plans to stay until end of June 18.
[For reference, If stays until june, her continuous period between Dec-17 to Dec 18 - out of UK will be 196 days]
  • Will she still be eligible for ILR in Dec 19 as usual even with the new rules in place? What are the impacts on her?

If she should be adhering to the 180 days rule like the main applicant, Should she be adhering to the 180 days rule from now or from the start of her leave (i.e. from dec 15 in this case)?

Can she stay outside UK in one single trip that is more than 180 days , but having less than 180 days for each continuous period from dec to dec, to be eligible for ILR?
Answers to the above questions will give me a lot of clarity. You may also point me to the latest rules for my further reads if you can please.

Many Thanks for your support.

PS : Apologies if I should not have created a new post like this. I could not understand where my query should go, hence, this post. Please advice me where I should be posting questions in the future.

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Re: ILR eligibility for TIER2 (General) dependant partner

Post by virtual7887 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Correcting typos/miscalculation above:

1. Dec-17 to Dec 18 - out of UK for 50 days (as of today and still counting)[/list]

2. She is currently out of UK for 4 months from 1 Nov 17 until now, and plans to stay until end of June 18.
[For reference, If stays until june, her continuous period between Dec-17 to Dec 18 - out of UK will be 186 days]

virtual7887
Newly Registered

Re: ILR eligibility for TIER2 (General) dependant partner

Post by virtual7887 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I have not got any response yet.

A friendly reminder.

Thanks