ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thomas04
Newly Registered
United States of America

Proof of residence

Post by thomas04 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife received her indefinite leave to remain (PR) status in Feb of 2014. She is yet to apply for a British citizenship ans is planning to do one in the coming weeks. I'm a British citizen and she has been in the country for over 6 years now. I was wondering, if she is required to submit a proof of residence covering the time from Feb 2014 to date. Could someone point me to the right direction ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of residence

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:20 pm

For clarity, does she hold ILR or PR?? They are issued under completely different rules. PR is for EU nationals and their family members. ILR is the UK Immigration route one.

If she holds ILR after a UK immigration visa, then her passports are usually sufficient to prove residency.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thomas04
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Proof of residence

Post by thomas04 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks for your response, she holds an ILR and she has got one of them Biometric cards with her as well .
She has had it since Feb 2014.I have been a British citizen since 2013, and I don't know if this is true that she need to provide proof of residence for the last 3 years. Or is that some old rules that were in place ages ago and has changed since then.

Could you please guide me to some links, if that's the case.