ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

nationalzation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

nationalzation

Post by HKN » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi

Its hard to find the right topic to ask questions so I am sorry if I am asking at a wrong place:

Please advise when can I be eligible to apply for naturalisation?

I received my ILR in November 2017 so do I have to wait for 12 months before making application for naturalisation or can I apply in October 2018?

Many thanks,
HKN

Casa

Re: nationalzation

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Your post has been split into your own topic. It causes confusion to tag a question onto the end of another thread and is unfair to the member who opened the topic and is still receiving advice on their application issues. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:28 pm

You won't qualify for British citizenship until you have completed the 12 month period following the date you were granted ILR, unless you are married to a BC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:34 pm

HI Casa,

Thank you for your advice and sorry for posting in the other user's topic.

HKN

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Good afternoon,

Hope you are well.

I made an application for naturalisation in November 2018 using the new service introduced by home office. I am currently waiting for the approval letter however i'm what should be my next step.

Shall i be applying for passport or shall i book ceremony first?

kind regards,
HKN

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:58 pm

There's nothing you can do before you have been approved and actually become British, i.e. after your ceremony.
You can only book the ceremony once you have approval and passport can only be applied for once you are British.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 pm

HKN wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 pm
Good afternoon,

Hope you are well.

I made an application for naturalisation in November 2018 using the new service introduced by home office. I am currently waiting for the approval letter however i'm what should be my next step.

kind regards,
HKN
with new syestem you need to wait full 6months

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 pm
HKN wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:48 pm
Good afternoon,

Hope you are well.

kind regards,
HKN
with new syestem you need to wait full 6months
Who says that? Just because your application hasn't been approved (yet), it doesn't mean everybody has to wait 6 month. On another note, there is no new system, the same HO procedures apply. Please stop scaremongering and spreading incorrect information.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

jgreen6123 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 pm
Who says that? Just because your application hasn't been approved (yet), it doesn't mean everybody has to wait 6 month. On another note, there is no new system, the same HO procedures apply. Please stop scaremongering and spreading incorrect information.
Quite correct. All that is changed is the application submission process. There is no change in how the applications are processed in the Home Office or changes in the rules regarding naturalisation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

HKN
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by HKN » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:58 pm
There's nothing you can do before you have been approved and actually become British, i.e. after your ceremony.
You can only book the ceremony once you have approval and passport can only be applied for once you are British.
Thank you for your advice.

Kind regards,