ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Urgent] Need some help regarding to Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal 322 1(C)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

[Urgent] Need some help regarding to Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal 322 1(C)

Post by samojerom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I am currently trying to apply ILR (or so called permanent residence) in the UK based on that I have already lived here for 10 years. However, I found that I have got a simple caution due to some family argument and I have to accept the simple caution to get out of the police station (I was so stupid to accept this without thinking too much).

It seems that now I can't apply the ILR because the simple caution was within the 24 months. Based on the Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal 322 1(C), the case worker will refuse my application. Ref: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... or-refusal

However, it seems to me that this t&c only applied for people who want to apply the ILR:
(1C) where the person is seeking indefinite leave to enter or remain: ...

My question is: if now I applied the T1 or T2 visa instead of the ILR will the case worker be able to refuse my application based on this 322 1(C)? If I got a T1 or T2 visa, and after a few months, I will be able to apply the ILR because my simple caution will pass the 24 months limit. When I say T1 or T2 visa, I mean particular the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) or Tier 2 (General).

Or simply the question is if I have got a simple caution within 24 months, can I apply Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) or Tier 2 (General)? Will this get failed because of the simple caution?

This is so urgent because my current T2 visa will be expired very soon. Thanks so much for your suggestions!!!

zimba
Mood:

Re: [Urgent] Need some help regarding to Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal 322 1(C)

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 pm

You cannot get ILR unless the caution is at least 24 months old. You can however apply for another visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: [Urgent] Need some help regarding to Immigration Rules part 9: grounds for refusal 322 1(C)

Post by samojerom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:05 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:56 pm
You cannot get ILR unless the caution is at least 24 months old. You can however apply for another visa
Thanks very much!

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

So it means if I got everything else ready (documents and etc), the caseworkers will not reject my application because of this 'simple caution' record? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am

You will be refused ILR if you had a caution in the last 24 months, no matter what. For other visas, a simple caution is not serious enough and will not lead to a refusal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samojerom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by samojerom » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:31 am

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am
You will be refused ILR if you had a caution in the last 24 months, no matter what. For other visas, a simple caution is not serious enough and will not lead to a refusal
Thanks very much for your kindly help!