ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship After ILR for british spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cobraxs
Newly Registered

British citizenship After ILR for british spouse

Post by cobraxs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 pm

hi i just got my ILR on 16th Feb 2018 after 6 years of discretionary leave on the basis of family private life. My wife got her British citizenship December 2017 through asylum. we both are from different countries but married since 2012 in uk. i am living in the UK since 2009 and i have left UK for only 1 month between January-February 2014 for holidays.

i like to ask few questions if you guys can answer me.

1. Can i apply British citizenship straight away now without waiting 12 months because my wife is British now?
2. if i can apply what documents do i need to provide apart from the one listed below?
1.Indefinite leave to remain BRP
2.Completed AN application form
3.Life in UK Test
4.Driving licence
5.English language B1 pass certificate
6.Passports since i live in the UK all 3
7.Marriage or civil partnership certificate
8.Spouse British passport
9. employement letter dated feb 2018
10. hmrc letter confirming last 5 years employement history dated january 2018

3. i am planing to apply my application via nationality chek service will i need to send my original documents along with my application because i need to travel in few months if i they will give me back my original documents will it be safe to travel during the time my application is being processed?

4. any other advise which can help me will also be appreciated.

thanks alot every one this website help me alot and save me alot in order to get my ILR i like to thanks every one in this community.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship After ILR for british spouse

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 am

1. Kindly refrain from posting with odd highlight colours, it is difficult to read.

2. What is your full immigration history in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cobraxs
Newly Registered

Post by cobraxs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:44 pm

hi cr001 sorry i wanted to change it to color red only but it turns something like this dont know how to edit it cannot find the option.

my history is come as a student in september 2009 then got married. my wife had asylum so i applied on her behalf got discretionary leave and after 6 years of discretionary leave applied ilr now i got my ilr in feb2018. my wife already got her british passport in december 2017. because she is british now so i am planning to apply mine next month without waiting 12 month.

cobraxs
Newly Registered

Post by cobraxs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:28 pm

No comments by anyone in 2 weeks ?