ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband is he classed as dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Valk
Newly Registered
Gambia

Husband is he classed as dependent

Post by Valk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Not sure if in the right place .. thinking of marriage with a Gambian man.woukld like him to join me in I'm as not yet ready to leave England..he is in the army in Gambia..he is off to Sudann in March for a year. Once he returns to Gambia he as 1 month off .was thinking would it be best for him to come to uk for that month and we get married,he returns to Gambia he will have 17 months left to serve during that time we could apply for him to come to uk .what would we apply for or should I marry him in Gambia.forgive me if on the wrong bit never done this before...how much will I have to be earning to apply for him thank you for reading

Casa

Re: Husband is he classed as dependent

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

If he doesn't intend to settle at the time when you marry, he can apply for a marriage visitor visa. This will give him a period of 6 months in which to marry in the UK and return home before his visa expires.

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.