ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Brand

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Brand » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

mmali wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:39 pm
Samr33 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 pm
I am glad you got accepted, but I have applied on 15/08/17. I am still waiting. It feels like it is some sort of postal lottery
How some people got their approval earlier than other is just matter of luck to me.It doesn’t depend on when you have applied.I applied 13/12/17 (waiting)and have seen so many members from December timeline got approval.i have no gap in my stay and no criminal record best thing is to keep you fingers cross and wait.
The good character guidelines have been made more extensive so I think they check for more things beyond immigration rules violation. I applied in November (exactly 3 months today) and still have not heard from them.
All we can do is to keep our fingers crossed. I really hope that it's a good outcome. Fingers crossed for everyone including myself. It's a shame the status link is not working anymore at least it was giving some indication of what was going on.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Another useless day I hate the waiting time besides you don't even know what is the outcome, I start doubt myself may be I' ve done something wrong which I dunno about just hope we all get positive outcome

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:01 pm

I aply 6 November me and my son EU steel waiting NCS tek mor time i hop good news for all

Brand

Post by Brand » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm
Another useless day I hate the waiting time besides you don't even know what is the outcome, I start doubt myself may be I' ve done something wrong which I dunno about just hope we all get positive outcome
Well, we can do nothing but wait and see. Unless you feel that there is something obvious that you have omitted from your application as I have seen some people mention that they had to send some further clarification for stuff after they submitted. Let's hope that we all hear good news. I really need a positive outcome as otherwise I would be very disappointed.

We should all try and stay positive.

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Brand wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm
Well, we can do nothing but wait and see. Unless you feel that there is something obvious that you have omitted from your application as I have seen some people mention that they had to send some further clarification for stuff after they submitted. Let's hope that we all hear good news. I really need a positive outcome as otherwise I would be very disappointed.

We should all try and stay positive.
I didn't omitted something from my application but I wanted to send more documents to explain things to make everything clear but obviously council service adviced no you don't have to send this and that I felt they just didn't want to pay for extra weight or something although I paid for this service to send what I want to send also in my history I had 10 months gap between student visa and spouse Eu family resident visa but I have got a letter from the home office accepted to extend my visa until I sort out my spouse visa so basically all this 10 months gap all my documents were with the home office but I didn't submit that letter to explain the gap I assumed the home office should have a copy of it or something or they know about it , that's the only thing that could take my application down if they counted that gap as overstayer or bad person

mmali

Post by mmali » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 am

Hi Everyone,
I have been assaulted recently, I have video evidence of the assault and I called the emergency service and they helped me but the driver of the car (perpetrator) was gone. The case is under investigation yet. So please help me to be on the safe side dealing with this issue.
1- Do I need to report that to the HO while I am waiting for decision on my BC application? Applied on 13/12/2017.
2- When I should report it?
3- Will this affect my application timeline and outcome?
4- any other advice that you know will help me please?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am

mmali wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:43 am
Hi Everyone,
I have been assaulted recently, I have video evidence of the assault and I called the emergency service and they helped me but the driver of the car (perpetrator) was gone. The case is under investigation yet. So please help me to be on the safe side dealing with this issue.
1- Do I need to report that to the HO while I am waiting for decision on my BC application? Applied on 13/12/2017.

Thanks in advance
Nothing for you to disclose for your application and will have no effect. You are the victim, the driver should be the one in court!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mmali

Post by mmali » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks for your view , alterhase58
I am worried if the case goes to court , what will happens and how long will it take and will the HO hold my application.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am

mmali wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 am
Thanks for your view , alterhase58
I am worried if the case goes to court , what will happens and how long will it take and will the HO hold my application.
Being the victim doesn't affect YOUR good character. I can't see your scenario in the guidance for applicants.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

hello everyone... anyone applied in August or before and still waiting? getting super stressed now :(

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm
hello everyone... anyone applied in August or before and still waiting? getting super stressed now :(
Did you pass already 6 months? Did they ever contact since you submitted biometric? I would call them if it passed 6 months can you explain why your application is taking that long any conviction or overstayed before or anything to explain the delay?

pedro31
Newly Registered

Post by pedro31 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi every body
would you please help me if anybody has had the same exprince here?
i applied for naturalism on 22/01 through manchester NCS and HO had reccived my documents on 23/01/2018.the money is gone off the account on 30.01.2018 and i reccived an email on 31.01.2018 that my 6 months process has started.but till today i havent reccived any biometric enrolment letter.i sent them an email 7 days ago but still hasnt reccived any reply.can anybody help me with this issue please?

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Did you pass already 6 months? Did they ever contact since you submitted biometric? I would call them if it passed 6 months can you explain why your application is taking that long any conviction or overstayed before or anything to explain the delay?
I emailed them a couple of times, recieved a generic response once and then I got two letters by post (again generic) saying it's going through checks for 'good character' which isn't defined in law and can take as long as possible, etc. Mine's a very straight forward Tier 4 > Tier 2 > ILR case with no convictions, overstay or any other immigration complications. I've always renewed my leave to remain before it finished (infact I applied for ILR 28 days before the 5 year, which is allowed) so not sure if that's causing a complication?

Getting really worried as I know if it gets over 6 months it can take as long as they want and they dont have to commit to any time frame :(

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:22 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm
silverchloride wrote:
I emailed them a couple of times, recieved a generic response once and then I got two letters by post (again generic) saying it's going through checks for 'good character' which isn't defined in law and can take as long as possible, etc. Mine's a very straight forward Tier 4 > Tier 2 > ILR case with no convictions, overstay or any other immigration complications. I've always renewed my leave to remain before it finished (infact I applied for ILR 28 days before the 5 year, which is allowed) so not sure if that's causing a complication?

Getting really worried as I know if it gets over 6 months it can take as long as they want and they dont have to commit to any time frame :(
Don't panic hopefully you will get positive outcome very soon and good luck with my experience with them they are unpredictable but with my they always take the full 6 months until last week of the 6 months and now I am 3 months and half and nothing and I know I am always unlucky in these things just keep our fingers crossed it's so frustrating process really bad

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Bathroom11 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Don't panic hopefully you will get positive outcome very soon and good luck with my experience with them they are unpredictable but with my they always take the full 6 months until last week of the 6 months and now I am 3 months and half and nothing and I know I am always unlucky in these things just keep our fingers crossed it's so frustrating process really bad
Many thanks - I hope we all get our decisions soon. It's so frustating. It would be great to hear from other members if people have been waiting for more than 6 months on what becomes of the case. Do they just drag them on without a time frame? :(

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 pm
Bathroom11 wrote:

Many thanks - I hope we all get our decisions soon. It's so frustating. It would be great to hear from other members if people have been waiting for more than 6 months on what becomes of the case. Do they just drag them on without a time frame? :(
I have been waiting since 27th of April 2017 . Same here I have no criminal conviction. I also send my Dbs certificate which confirmed that I have no criminal conviction. Hopefully we get the answer soon . They told me same thing that my case goes under good character checks.

Brand

Post by Brand » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

I have been waiting since 27th of April 2017 . Same here I have no criminal conviction. I also send my Dbs certificate which confirmed that I have no criminal conviction. Hopefully we get the answer soon . They told me same thing that my case goes under good character checks.
When did they told you that they need more time? Is that at the end of the 6 month period, before or after?

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Brand wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm
Kurabor wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Bathroom11 wrote:

When did they told you that they need more time? Is that at the end of the 6 month period, before or after?
After 6 months they send me an email and after that a letter. They said more time required to make a decision on my case . Also they told me do not contact them until they contact me again.soooo frustrating 😔😔

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Kurabor wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]
After 6 months they send me an email and after that a letter. They said more time required to make a decision on my case . Also they told me do not contact them until they contact me again.soooo frustrating 😔😔
[/quote]

That's crazy! Do you have any idea why this might be? Have you spoken to an MP or something to chase it up? :(

Bathroom11

Post by Bathroom11 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:50 am

silverchloride wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 pm
Kurabor wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]

That's crazy! Do you have any idea why this might be? Have you spoken to an MP or something to chase it up? :(
[/quote]
Yes it's crazy may I ask what nationality are you both of you might bring some light to the issue

Samr33
Newly Registered
France

Post by Samr33 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am

I applied on 15/08/17. Application was received on 16/08/17. As I have not heard anything back, I have tried to call them today. They are now saying that the 6 month only starts once they have received the payment. As it took them 7 days, I have to wait another week. Has anyone encountered the same issue?

Brand

Post by Brand » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am

Samr33 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am
I applied on 15/08/17. Application was received on 16/08/17. As I have not heard anything back, I have tried to call them today. They are now saying that the 6 month only starts once they have received the payment. As it took them 7 days, I have to wait another week. Has anyone encountered the same issue?
That makes sense. I think the wait the time starts from the biometric details being enrolled as without the applicant providing those details, there is no was they can start the good character checks.

My new strategy is to let the process take its cycle and forget until it's either 6 months or i hear something from them.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes I did involved mp aswell. They told mp too that I have to wait for food character checks.

Kurabor

Post by Kurabor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am

Kurabor wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm
silverchloride wrote:
Kurabor wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes I did involved mp aswell. They told mp too that I have to wait for good character checks.
[/quote]

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 pm

3 months 2 week nothing Iam and my son EU I sse people aply online have confirm 4 week 😏😏😏