ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

megha123
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by megha123 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 am

Hi,

This is re. my UK Spouse Visa Application. I am in the process of submitting it soon. However, I have one specific query. I got recently married (both legally and religiously) in India. The marriage certificate handed over to us is a "True Copy" signed and stamped by the Marriage Officer. I am slightly concerned about its acceptance. Could someone please guide. Do I need to do anything to make it more authentic?

Thanks,
megha

vinny

Re: UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks vinny. One more query re. my marriage certificate: The size of the document is larger than the A4 size. Will this do? Any suggestions about photocopying?

Re. Accommodation: Will it be okay if my husband only shows recent mortgage statements, mentions about no "overcrowding" issue in his cover letter along with one broadband company letter (not a utility bill) showing his address? He owns the house and there is nobody else living with him. He pays all his bills online so doesn't receive any original bills at his address.

Please do guide.

Thanks,
megha

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Accommodation, English and Size of Marriage Certificate

Post by megha123 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Dear All,

Re. Accommodation: Will it be okay if my husband only shows recent mortgage statements, mentions about no "overcrowding" issue in his cover letter along with one broadband company letter (not a utility bill) showing his address? He owns the house and there is nobody else living with him. He pays all his bills online so doesn't receive any original bills at his address.

Re. English Requirement: In the online form, I have selected "No" as I am not exempted from English requirement. However, I meet the requirement by submitting original postgraduate academic certificates from UK University. Hope this is okay?

Re. my marriage certificate: The size of the document is larger than the A4 size. Will this do? Any suggestions about photocopying?

Please do guide.

Thanks,
megha

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation, English and Size of Marriage Certificate

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:07 pm

If there is no one else living except your partner then no property inspection need and his mortgage statements along with council tax (usually it comes in post & paper based) can fulfill the requirement.

Postgraduate diploma/certificate even studied at UK university doesn't fufill the requirement it seems higher than undergraduate degree but it must be at least undergraduate degree from UK university otherwise the required English test needs to be passed.

Marriage must have been legally performed in any country and marriage certificate should be translated into English and it's size doesn't matter because everywhere the format & size of marriage document differs.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

Seagul,

Thanks for your reply. I have MBA and PhD from the UK. Do you think I still need to give the English test? Please let me know.

Mehga

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

Do you think I still need to give the English test?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Hello there,

There is one follow-up question on accommodation document requirement - My husband destroyed his original council bill doc. - This week, he went to the council office and got a COPY (written on the doc.) of the bill. I will definitely make a note about this in the additional info. section of the Appendix 2 - It is good to let the ECO know the reason for submitting a COPY (I think). We are submitting original mortgage statements (dated very recent). I hope this all will suffice?

Thanks,
Megha

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Appendix 2, My Finances and Document Presentation

Post by megha123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 am

Hello there,

Appendix 2: I have filled my online application and appendix 2. I am the applicant so do I need to sign somewhere in the Appendix 2? There is no such section where a signature is required.

My Finances: I am currently unemployed so I am unable to show a regular income. However, my sponsor is meeting the financial requirement and is going to submit all the required documents. Will it be okay if my financial documents are not submitted?

Document Presentation: It is advisable not to staple any documents. It is good to keep them loose? I think it will be good to guide the ECO with a pencil mark at places where attention is required, for instance, bank statements? Maybe, I can also use post its at places? I am not sure so please guide.

Thanks,
Megha

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Appendix 2, My Finances and Document Presentation

Post by Londoner007 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:03 am

Your showing finances of you sponsor not you.
Do not staple just put them all together in logical order.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Little confusion

Post by megha123 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Dear All,

I am really confused about how the documents need to be submitted. My sponsor / husband is based in the UK and I am in India. I have filled the online form and the Appendix 2. The majority of the documents are sorted out. However, the situation is that my husband is going to post his payslips, bank statements, employer letter and the rest of it to me by speedpost. After the biometrics, I will submit all his documents along with the things that I have here, that is, TB Certi, marriage certificate, etc. I hope this is okay. The confusion is about whether my sponsor has to post his documents directly to Sheffield and not me? I am going to use VFS courier service which is safe but obviously I need to be clear about this.

Please do guide.

Many thanks,
Megha

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 am
Topics Merged (click)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 am

1) Applicant takes application signed and dated, Appointment letter, Passport and 1 passport size photo only to VFS
2) Applicant then only submits their biometrics and Passport ONLY at the VFS.
3) The sponsor from within UK sends all support docs... Application, Appendix 2, TB cert, English proof etc.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks for your reply Londoner007. The below is applicable even if I have selected "Applying from Outside the UK"- I was under the impression that since I am applying from here (India), I need to submit all the supporting documents. I hope this will become more clear when I pay my fees online and will be then guided by the official website?

It is really great to have this kind of support.

Megha.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 am
1) Applicant takes application signed and dated, Appointment letter, Passport and 1 passport size photo only to VFS
2) Applicant then only submits their biometrics and Passport ONLY at the VFS.
3) The sponsor from within UK sends all support docs... Application, Appendix 2, TB cert, English proof etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks Casa for your emphasising what Londoner007 suggested - The below is very important for me to know. I have created my online application on UKVI website - As mentioned, it is outside the UK option. It is all filled in and I want to submit it asap. However, I don't have money to pay for fees here in India. Hence, would it be okay if I send my login details to my husband based in the UK? He is willing to pay using his credit card. So basically I can complete all the below options here:
Go To Application
Sign Declaration
BRP Collection Location
Book Appointment
The below two, I can ask my husband to intervene. Is this okay? Obviously, I will print the form once the payment is done.
Pay for IHS
Pay for Application
Print Application

Please do guide.
Thanks,
Megha

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Your Husband should be paying for it anyway! His the sponsor.

The answer is Yes.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Dear All,

I know I have asked this query before but I am in panic after receiving the below email from visa4uk. I just submitted my standard online application from Ahmedabad, India. I was under the impression that my sponsor based in the UK is required to post the supporting documents to Sheffield. Keeping this in mind, I posted him my TB certificate, academic certificates, etc. In the process of submission, I chose my VFS appointment date to be 14/03/2017. However, I am surprised to get the below info. from visa4uk via e-mail. If I am required to send the documents, then I need my husband to post my documents back to me along with his documents. I thought it wise to update the appointment date to 26/03/2017 so I have enough time to collect all the required documents. I think I will have to submit the documents on the same day when I visit VFS? Please do help. I am really worried.

We confirm your appointment with us at our Ahmedabad office on 14/03/2018 12:30 . The full office address is

VFS Ahmedabad Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, Emerald House,
Near Parimal Garden Cross Road,
Off CG Road
Ahmedabad

The appointment should last approximately 15 minutes.

On the day of your Appointment

Please bring these documents with you:
• a print out of your appointment confirmation;
• a print out of your, signed and dated, visa application form, the visa application fee, unless already paid online;
• your passport;
• any documents that you want to provide in support of your visa application
About your supporting documents:
•They must be in English, or, if they are in any other language, you must provide a certified translation;
• you may need a tuberculosis (TB) test if you are going to the UK for more than 6 months Please check here https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa and submit your certificate with your supporting documents;
If you are under 18, one of your parents or guardians must give their permission in writing to you travelling to the UK. Please include this letter of consent with your supporting documents.
•You must make sure you provide all the documents that you want the visa officer to consider
•Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:07 pm

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/how_to_apply.html

Check step 5 of above link and maybe instead sending documents to shieffield the vfs centre accept them. Try to re-confirm again.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:45 am

Hello there,

Is it necessary to photocopy each and everything? For instance, online travel confirmation can be used as an evidence under the heading of Relationship. It doesn't matter if such documents are not returned back as we can print again. Photocopying can add to the weight of the final submission. Please share your thoughts on this.

We were informed by VFS to post the supporting documents at the following address: I hope it is correct-
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
S11 0FX

Many thanks,
megha

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:33 am

They scan everything in Home Office anyway printers anyway so photocopying is strictly not required. Many people suggest photocopying - if you really want to photocopy maybe just do TB cert, Marriage Certificate and English Test. Up to you.

hotglacier
Newly Registered

Post by hotglacier » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Megha! Did you find out if the address is correct?

megha123
Newly Registered
India

Post by megha123 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi there,

There is one important query before we send off our documents to Sheffield:
Do the printed bank statements have to be signed and stamped on all pages. My husband got them stamped but not signed. Do you think he should go to bank again to get them signed on all pages too? Please guide.

About Sheffield Address: That is the one given to me by the VFS so I better post to PO Box 5852....

Thanks,
Megha

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:54 pm

megha123 wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm
Hi there,

There is one important query before we send off our documents to Sheffield:
Do the printed bank statements have to be signed and stamped on all pages. My husband got them stamped but not signed. Do you think he should go to bank again to get them signed on all pages too? Please guide.

About Sheffield Address: That is the one given to me by the VFS so I better post to PO Box 5852....

Thanks,
Megha
If the bank statements are on bank original letterhead then stamps should be fine but if it's like black & white colored print/online print out then I think they should be signed & stamped each page.