ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp parent PEO success story

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

graceofgod1

Flr m relationship breakdown

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Me and my wife decided to be seperate. We have a son 4 year old. He will be living with me 2 nights a week plus i can see him other time whenever i want. Even though we are not together we dicided to keep good relation for the sake of our son. My son's mother has agreed to provide letter about shared custudy and direct access to child. Is this enough for flr fp parent route??
By the way i have informed ho. And booked peo for march.
Immigration history -
2009 -2014 student
2015- 2017 flr fp partner 10 year route
2017-2019 flr m

Many thanks

graceofgod1

Re: Flr m relationship breakdown

Post by graceofgod1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello all,

It is advised that parent route requires heavy supporting document on active role on child upbringing. Any input on what documents should i prepare and anyone kindly have draft letter to adress HO on application day. Thank you.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 pm

graceofgod1 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:58 pm
Hello all,

It is advised that parent route requires heavy supporting document on active role on child upbringing. Any input on what documents should i prepare and anyone kindly have draft letter to adress HO on application day. Thank you.
A letter from the mother should suffice with of course other general requirements.
The good thing is you maybe eligible for ILR in 2019 based on continuous 10 year lawful residence.
To be safe side I would suggest you get a letter from child’s GP or school about your involvement.
Good luck.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Note that a FLR(FP) Parent route application ask for:
"If you share parental responsibility, the child’s other parent must:

not be your partner
be either a British citizen or settled in the UK
If the child lives with their other parent or carer, you must have access to the child in person, as agreed with the other parent or carer or by a court order.

What you’ll need to prove
You must be able to prove that you’re taking an active role in your child’s upbringing and you plan to continue after you apply. For example you could send letters from your child’s:
school confirming you take them to school or go to parent evenings
dentist confirming you take them to appointments

You must also prove you:
have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your child without claiming public funds"

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Thank you @new on forum and casa

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi all, i sent a letter to ukvi regarding end of my relationship with my wife. But i have not received any reply. My peo appointment for flr fp parent is on mid march. Will i get curtailment letter before my appointment date or not?? Any input guys . Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:53 am

graceofgod1 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:58 pm
Hi all, i sent a letter to ukvi regarding end of my relationship with my wife. But i have not received any reply. My peo appointment for flr fp parent is on mid march. Will i get curtailment letter before my appointment date or not?? Any input guys . Thanks
Probably not.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello all,

These are the documents i am preparing-
My son's birth certificate
My son's passport
Letter from my ex partner that confirms child arrangements
Letter from my ex partner that confirms i play active role on child upbringing and what it means me not to be in my son's life.
Letter from pre school confirming that i take my son to nursery and i pick him up ( hopefully they will provide me the letter).
Letter from myself explaining day to day activities i do with my son and how his best interest depend upon me getting involved in his life. But i am struggling to put words nicely any idea on this guys please .
Picture before separation. Maybe 20
Picture after separation with dates maybe 20 .

I am really nervous this time!!! And best of luck other applicants.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 am

Is it possible that ukvi curtail my visa with immediate effect without contacting me. And when i go for my peo next month they refuse it saying i have overstayed??

And also is it plus point to get letter form my ex parener's parents to demonstrate i am playing active role in my son's upbringing. Tnanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

Is it possible that ukvi curtail my visa with immediate effect without contacting me.
Unlikely. If they have your address, you will get a letter. Curtailment letters can take a few months to get sent to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:25 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am
Is it possible that ukvi curtail my visa with immediate effect without contacting me.
Unlikely. If they have your address, you will get a letter. Curtailment letters can take a few months to get sent to you.
Thank you CR001.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 am

Prep of document in progress--

1.Son's birth certificate, passport
2.Letter from my ex to confirm our seperation, child custudy arrangements and child maintanance arrangements we agreed i give her £45 every week.
3.Covering letter from me
4.Picture of me and my son since he was born and also screen shot Picture of me and my son with dates on it after i moved out
5. Letter from my son's pre school that my name is registered and i pick him up and drop him on regular basis.( i really hope they will provide me this letter) .
6.tenancy agreement letter from my letting agent
7.Letter from my employer, payslip and bank statement.
8. Master degree certificate from uk university

Any question please ask and please do give your feedback i will appreciate it. Many thanks

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am

Hi all, i was going throgh casees in tribunal regarding "active role in child's upbringing ". In the case of refusal, will i get appeal right here in the uk or from outside the uk. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm

If Home Office takes a decision to certify your claim, there will be no appeal rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm
If Home Office takes a decision to certify your claim, there will be no appeal rights.
So are you suggesting i will get a grant. My question was hypothetical in the event of refusal. Thanks

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello all, i have peo appointment in 3 weeks. I am nearly there with documents as i have mentioned above what iam preparing. I beleive my case is straightforward and should get dicision same day. But the problem is my appointment is at 6 pm. I am not sure if this time is too late if they wanna do additional check.. and i assume it will take 2 to 3 hours for consideration. Does that mean they open until 9 or 10 o clock at night.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:12 pm

FLR(FP) applications are rarely (if at all) decided when applying in person, as they are considered to be complex. The junior level Case Workers generally have to pass this to a senior assessor for a decision, which would then be treated as a postal application. Decisions often take several months to a year or even more.

The UKVI guidance on when you can't use the PSC service includes:
someone whose case is complex because of personal circumstances

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service
(Casa, not CR001)

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 pm

my son's nursary refused to provide me any letter. They said they dont provide any letter to anyone. Even my ex wife requested them but they said no. I dont think their refusal to provide me any letter is justified. But the question is what is the impact of failing to provide official letter from school, gp or doctor.

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 pm

graceofgod1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 pm
my son's nursary refused to provide me any letter. They said they dont provide any letter to anyone. Even my ex wife requested them but they said no. I dont think their refusal to provide me any letter is justified. But the question is what is the impact of failing to provide official letter from school, gp or doctor.
I still think you have a very good case mate.
I can't understand why nursery couldn't give u a letter.
At least your ex wife is standing by you and supporting you and saying you playing an active role .
To have nursery letter or he letter is good but if you have a strong application then it will not matter that much really.
That is my personal opinion .

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:37 pm

graceofgod1 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am
Hi all, i was going throgh casees in tribunal regarding "active role in child's upbringing ". In the case of refusal, will i get appeal right here in the uk or from outside the uk. Thanks
What do you mean by that bro?
You were going through cases in tribunal regarding active role in child's upbringing ???
Is that to prove u playing an active role in your child's life
Can you explain that please ?

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 pm

yarab wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:37 pm
graceofgod1 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am
What do you mean by that bro?
You were going through cases in tribunal regarding active role in child's upbringing ???
Is that to prove u playing an active role in your child's life
Can you explain that please ?
No no, sorry i phrased it wrong. I meant to say i was reading tribunal cases online. Hope i dont have to go through that way.

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 am

Hi all,
Evidence of playing active role on child upbringing -
Official letter from child's school, gp or dentist.

But my application lacks such letter, what is the impact of it on my application. Will pictures and letter from my ex compensate. Please advise. Thanks

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi all just an update, my son's nursary has agreed to provide me the letter. :)

graceofgod1

Post by graceofgod1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am

Hello all, i need your feed back on this. I know nobody can predict the UKVI but rules are very much clear. From your experience and knowledge, when you look my case, do you think it has strong chance for success and any input whats missing in my case to make it more stronger. I will really appreciate. Thank you.

Application - flr fp parent route after relationship breakdown.
( same day service, Croydon, in 10 days time) my son is 4 and half year old. Stays with me 2 nights a week, and my ex has agreed i have unlimited access to visit her place to see my son. Its been 6 week since we split up. Notification sent to HO but no reply yet regarding spouce visa curtailment.

Background-
2009- 2015 tier 4
2015-2017 flr fp 10 year( applied as a partner but decision letter says granted as a parent. VERY STRANGE)
2017-2019 FLR M
Documents i am preparing ----
1. Son's birth certificate, passport
2.Letter from my ex to confirm our seperation, child custudy arrangements and child maintanance arrangements we agreed i give her £45 every week.
4.Picture of me and my son since he was born and also screen shot Picture of me and my son with dates on it after i moved out
5. Letter from my son's pre school that my name is registered and i pick him up and drop him.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:53 am

graceofgod1 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 am
Hello all, i need your feed back on this. I know nobody can predict the UKVI but rules are very much clear. From your experience and knowledge, when you look my case, do you think it has strong chance for success and any input whats missing in my case to make it more stronger. I will really appreciate. Thank you.

Application - flr fp parent route after relationship breakdown.
( same day service, Croydon, in 10 days time) my son is 4 and half year old. Stays with me 2 nights a week, and my ex has agreed i have unlimited access to visit her place to see my son. Its been 6 week since we split up. Notification sent to HO but no reply yet regarding spouce visa curtailment.

Background-
2009- 2015 tier 4
2015-2017 flr fp 10 year( applied as a partner but decision letter says granted as a parent. VERY STRANGE)
2017-2019 FLR M
Documents i am preparing ----
1. Son's birth certificate, passport
5. Letter from my son's pre school that my name is registered and i pick him up and drop him.
Fair chance of success.
Make sure the letters etc or not older than 6 weeks prior to application.
Good luck.