ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent PBS is due for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shah_khan
Newly Registered
India

Tier1 Dependent PBS is due for ILR

Post by shah_khan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:21 am

Hi,
i am in very intense condition,
my wife as Tier1 (General) PBS -Dependent 5 year Rout Completed ,
as initial visa was issued in November-2012, she is due for ILR in January-2018.
main Applicant its me, i Got the ILR in -2015, and got British Passport in 2016,
got 3 kidz all got british passport already.

My questions are : My wife Visa Tier1 (General) PBS- Dependent visa - shows no Recourse to public fund,
but the Benefits I am Claiming all those shows our both names Me and my Dependent (Wife) on the Benefits Letter except the Child Benefits.

1-Child Tax Credit
2-working Tax credit,
3-Housing Benefits
4- Council Tax Reduction,
All these Benefits Letters i received shows the of my Wife (Tier 1- PBS Dependent) and myself British citizen.

i was Trying to fill the Set-M form and gone through those question regarding Public funds, i got stuck here that the Dependent with no Recourse to public fund can not get these Benefits,
I have seen few posts on immigration board regarding benefits, which shows that child benefits should on the parent with ILR and Child tax credit should be on joint claim so its not problem with these benefits, but the Housing benefits and council tax Reduction is problem, i am claiming these benefits from last 2.5 years,
what is your suggestion in this regard, should call the Housing benefits department and cancel housing benefits and repay all that amount i have taken so for,
Or should tell what is my Dependent-(Wife) Entitlement was in this claim that amount i would like to repay as her visa shows clearly she has no right to get public funds.

Is there anyone could hep me with my question will much appreciated,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1 Dependent PBS is due for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 am

Set(M) is NOT the correct form.

If she holds a PBS Dependent visa, she must apply on SET(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shah_khan
Newly Registered
India

Post by shah_khan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:58 am

Yes, BRP card shows: PBS Dependent Leave to Remain.
that's very kind of you, i even went to a solicitor near by me he told me Set-M, but i was not sure about that, one More immigration Solictor namely xxxxxxxxxxx he told me the same SET-O ,
you are the second person who told me SET-O Form. so it confirmed that i will go for SET-O.

i will be very thankful to you if you could find the answer for my second question.
that is,
i am not too keen on getting these benefits i have true reason for these, as my dependent Partner she has suffering with illness most of the time she is unable to look after the children, so i have to be there, that's why i works 25 hours a week.

CHild tax credit, ( on boths names )
child benefits, ( only on my Name )
Housing benefits, ( Only on my name )
counciltax suport ( on both name )

where my dependent Partner status shows on the BRP NO-Public Funds.

i will be waiting for your kind reply,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:52 am

No issue regarding benefits.

Kindly also do not name solicitors on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 am

shah_khan wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm
i was Trying to fill the Set-M form and gone through those question regarding Public funds, i got stuck here that the Dependent with no Recourse to public fund can not get these Benefits,
Why are you trying to fill in the wrong form?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.