ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa to OCI whilst in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LPWeaver
Newly Registered

Tourist visa to OCI whilst in India

Post by LPWeaver » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 am

Hello all,

We are moving to India with my work in June this year. I will have an employment visa. As we are not married, therefore my fiance and her daughter will not be able to apply for an Entry Visa based on marriage. She is Malaysian of Indian heritage through grandparents. We are unable to apply for an OCI card in the UK as the proof of her grandparent citizenship is not recognised by the UK Indian High Commission (it is recognised in Malaysia). We are currently looking at the option of them initially travelling to India on a tourist visa.

Does anyone have an information whether they can apply for the OCI whilst in India on the tourist visa without leaving the country?

TIA
Paul

takdeerwala
India

Re: Tourist visa to OCI whilst in India

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Applying in India is possible thru FRRO offices although it takes a very long time. If the applicant is Malaysian Citizen, how about applying in malaysia and then coming to India on Tourist visa immediately after applying? Later on, once application is successful, applicant can collect it.